binaural recording?
Dec 5, 2023 at 4:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Stefanmz7

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, so why does it say on these recordings that this does not reflect real life? Can I use them to make a purchase decision? Like if I listen to it in the recording, will it be the same when I buy it?

Dec 5, 2023 at 9:59 PM Post #2 of 4
Like if I listen to it in the recording, will it be the same when I buy it?
No

The microphone colours the sound. The speakers you use colours the sound. The sound and other aspects that are yet quantifiable like soundstage and “resolution” are also dependent on how you actually wear the IEMs. Deeper, shallower, more seal, less seal, louder, quieter, all impact the final sonic picture.

Dec 5, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #3 of 4
That only works if you are comparing one you do have to one you don't. If you don't have your HRTF measured, you just have to buy in and start looking.

I started off with the Aria, that was the most common comparison I saw at the time I started looking.

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #4 of 4
well I went with the IE 200s and they sound awesome so I found my IEMs. Also the binaural recording actually did help and I would say the sound I got is very similar to what I heard from the binaural recording(of the IE 200s since that channel has one of them as well). I was listening to it with studio headphones on a Mac though so I guess that makes the audio as accurate as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back