Aune S17 pro
May 8, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #2,252 of 2,257
Today I had my first hours with my HD 800s. The S17 is just amazing how it even enlarges the already good soundstage of the HD 800s. Just wow, I didn't expect that!
Yeah, the HD800S sounds amazing on this amp, and once you EQ it with a bass shelf, ooofffff, audio heaven.

May 9, 2024 at 2:13 AM Post #2,253 of 2,257
They sound great with these, altough I would say that the Focal Radiance are a bit amp skeptic (they sound the same with every amp I own). Regarding the Sennheiser HD800s, in the beggining I thought the sinergy was better with the Focal Arya Stealth, but now I'm increasingly listening with the HD800s and really liking its sinergy (depending on the quality of the recording, but that's always the case with these unforgiving headphones).

Regarding the heat, I have a stable temperature of 61/62 °C using two 80mm fans running at 12V underneath the amp (room temperature 27°C, right now). Only problem is that I can hear the fans in quiet passages in the music. I am waiting for bigger (and hopefully quieter) fans that I've ordered (hoping that I can run them at 5V). Other than that, I also agree that it should be possible to turn off the the screen.

I have a question , I noticed that you use iFi dac, not sure what model. Do you feel or have a need to replace this dac with a better one?
At the store I was suggested to match the IFI AUDIO ZEN ONE STUDIO to the S17 Pro, but I wonder if I might actually be better off with something better.
I'm getting closer and closer to buying the whole system, and even though I've been reading the whole thread all over again and have mixed feelings, I'm still drawn towards the S17 and pairing it with the Arya Organic.
I still have a little concern because they only have 16 Ohms, and the recommended one is supposedly a minimum of 30 upwards and I don't know if that won't interfere with something, it will probably influence it to heat up.

And one more question:
Can I put the S17 upright? I'm going to mount it in the “Rig”, a simracing stand that rests on aluminum profiles, I plan to attach it to the side of the structure to the aluminum profiles in such a way that the display doesn't bother me, I don't like having something in my eyes netting and distracting me.

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 3:02 AM Post #2,254 of 2,257
I have a question , I noticed that you use iFi dac, not sure what model. Do you feel or have a need to replace this dac with a better one?
At the store I was suggested to match the IFI AUDIO ZEN ONE STUDIO to the S17 Pro, but I wonder if I might actually be better off with something better.
I'm getting closer and closer to buying the whole system, and even though I've been reading the whole thread all over again and have mixed feelings, I'm still drawn towards the S17 and pairing it with the Arya Organic.
I still have a little concern because they only have 16 Ohms, and the recommended one is supposedly a minimum of 30 upwards and I don't know if that won't interfere with something, it will probably influence it to heat up.

And one more question:
Can I put the S17 upright? I'm going to mount it in the “Rig”, a simracing stand that rests on aluminum profiles, I plan to attach it to the side of the structure to the aluminum profiles in such a way that the display doesn't bother me, I don't like having something in my eyes netting and distracting me.
I don't use a IFI DAC - I use a IFI Streamer. My DAC is Chord Mojo 2, which I feel has great synergy with Aune S17 Pro.

May 9, 2024 at 6:24 AM Post #2,255 of 2,257

And one more question:
this is my case: he1000se + s17pro+ ifi gryphon with a balanced cable 4.4mm to 2x xlr. actually i tried x26pro and was fenomenal but ifi gryphon is warmer and you get also the xbass features that increase basses. hifiman headphone often has a little too much trebles so ifi gryphon can warm this sound and make it very full, not neutral but for me is the right sound with he1000. don't make my same error, don't spend too much in the source, the most evident increasing in quality you'll have spending in amp or headphone

May 9, 2024 at 6:38 AM Post #2,256 of 2,257
Hello,

I am sure it was asked several times but can we compare S9 and s17?
I would like something below 1000€ for a he1000v2 stealth...
Mentioned the griffon as a dac, maybe a ifi idsd signature can be good too ?
Thanks Greg

May 9, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #2,257 of 2,257
And one more question:
Haven't seen someone done that yet, what you have to keep in mind with this amp is that you need proper airflow/ventilation with this one in order to maintain the temps as stable as possible, as long as you have proper airflow, IN THEORY, there shouldn't be any issues, no matter which way you orient the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back