Audeze - MM-Series - MM-500
May 24, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #376 of 379
@Mad Lust Envy allow me to make another personal statement, copycat your style: if you gonna listen to someone who is financially involved in selling a product (according to his signature) and who is making bold, but false claims you will get the product you would really like only by pure accident and only if you are very lucky.

To get things straight: I have listen to both headphones and based on that I made my purchase decision. I treat your post as direct manipulation of my own words and would appreciate if you would stop and not do it again please. Thank you in advance.
This was a personal opinion.

I myself personally prefer the MM-500 over the LCD-5.

All I meant was that people should not look at graphs alone to make any decision, especially in terms of sound. Graphs do not tell the whole story. I do not think they sound alike, and I do not believe most people who have heard both would think so either. That is all I meant. I meant no offense. I'll reword my comment for better understanding of intention.

I've done plenty of reviews here, and would hope people understand that I've been on here long enough to know that I'm not here just as an Audeze rep (this is my own personal, non-work account but for transparency, we do have to mention that I'm part of Audeze CS), but as an enthusiast who also owns other products etc (for much, much longer than as someone at Audeze). This was not to sway anyone one way or another.

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #377 of 379
^He's right, the two sound tangibly different to my ears. A lot of this has to do with the drivers and the pads, although I will say the MM-500 is way more clampy to me than the LCD-5 was and this discomfort + extra pressure also makes a difference. I'm going to slowly play around with the MM-500's steel band and see if I can do something about that.

May 24, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #378 of 379
^He's right, the two sound tangibly different to my ears. A lot of this has to do with the drivers and the pads, although I will say the MM-500 is way more clampy to me than the LCD-5 was and this discomfort + extra pressure also makes a difference. I'm going to slowly play around with the MM-500's steel band and see if I can do something about that.
That's a benefit with the MM-500. Since it's not carbon fiber, you can work the headband a bit to reduce the clamp. You definitely don't want to try that on an LCD-5 however due to it being carbon fiber, which is structurally rigid.

Since MM-500 was made for professional use first, they do tend to be a little more clampy than enthusiast headphones.

Though almost everything for me is clampy because I have ginormous head. <_<

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back