Asus Essence ST pass thru Essence STXII
Oct 4, 2023 at 11:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Machinist125

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone this is my first post here I could use a little help. I just built a new PC that my essence ST will not fit into. It is still in my old computer and I have an STXII In my new PC. Can I use my STXII as a pass through device from my old PC And which cable would be best for that optical or RCA? The STX doesn't have the sound quality that I prefer out of the ST. If I can't link and use the STX as a pass-through can I change the op amps from the ST to the STX as an option?
Thank you

Oct 4, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #2 of 6
So your older Essence ST (PCI), which has after market op-amps (which model?), sounds better than your newer Essence STX II (stock op-amps).

Oct 4, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #3 of 6
The ST has the original op amps and sounds beautiful. The STXII has aftermarket op amps. And the sound is too warm, and the bass is not as tight as the ST. And it also came with the original amps.

I got it for $99 used.

Oct 14, 2023 at 10:41 PM Post #4 of 6
Instead of doing that, purchase Burson V5 or V6 op amps for the STX II and you'll be bedazzled at how great that card can sound. I have 3 in mine and it's top tanyer. I haven't changed it in quite a few years for this very reason. It sounds great for gaming and music listening... seriously....

Oct 15, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #5 of 6
Instead of doing that, purchase Burson V5 or V6 op amps for the STX II and you'll be bedazzled at how great that card can sound. I have 3 in mine and it's top tanyer. I haven't changed it in quite a few years for this very reason. It sounds great for gaming and music listening... seriously....
Thank you for the answer. I will research the V5 and V6 amps.
Dano 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back