Any old fart head-fi'ers still around?
Apr 13, 2024 at 12:27 AM Post #826 of 828
Wish I could have remembered my stuff from the early days.. oh well. Even with this account next year I hit 20 years..

Apr 19, 2024 at 8:02 PM Post #827 of 828
Yep, 2006 as Hi-Finthen, same avatar although it was so much cooler when we were allowed Gif's and the smoke coming out of the phones on TUX swirled with the red wires and his red eye pulsed. lol

Still have and use my Meir Corda Opera now 17 years old - Quality piece!

But I agree, the new generation of gear is so much better sounding and at very fair pricing with all the competition and the explosion in population / users / volume in sales.

I used a tube preamp inline before multiple S.S. amps to great effect driving the Beyer DT-990's delivering an incredible head stage listening experience just as the expensive tube head amps began taking my notice and drooling over that Russian guys tube amp folks here were singing praise of, before its demise - never did get that whole story straight ?

I did eventually buy the Canadian retired E.E.'s
(yep, forgot his name now) tube amp '07 and that had an expansive presentation. lol

Patrick , ah yes - His Valhalla wires - come to find out I distinctly remember he posted when cornered, he really didn't like music... 🤣

We had a lively Members lounge back in those days before Jude then sold and rightfully cashed out.

At over 70 now, I just love my listening sessions more than ever!

Great to see the many familiar folks in this thread once again!

Happy listening all~

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 1:40 AM Post #828 of 828
Yep, 2006 as Hi-Finthen, same avatar although it was so much cooler when we were allowed Gif's and the smoke coming out of the phones on TUX swirled with the red wires and his red eye pulsed. lol

Still have and use my Meir Corda Opera now 17 years old - Quality piece!

But I agree, the new generation of gear is so much better sounding and at very fair pricing with all the competition and the explosion in population / users / volume in sales.

I used a tube preamp inline before multiple S.S. amps to great effect driving the Beyer DT-990's delivering an incredible head stage listening experience just as the expensive tube head amps began taking my notice and drooling over that Russian guys tube amp folks here were singing praise of, before its demise - never did get that whole story straight ?

I did eventually buy the Canadian retired E.E.'s
(yep, forgot his name now) tube amp '07 and that had an expansive presentation. lol

Patrick , ah yes - His Valhalla wires - come to find out I distinctly remember he posted when cornered, he really didn't like music... 🤣

We had a lively Members lounge back in those days before Jude then sold and rightfully cashed out.

At over 70 now, I just love my listening sessions more than ever!

Great to see the many familiar folks in this thread once again!

Happy listening all~

Haha, a lot of folks I've seen commenting that I oddly don't recognize the name but recognize the avatar picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back