Any Hindi speakers?
Jun 6, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by crappyjones123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
born and raised in india. learnt hindi in school until 10th grade but just like gautam i cant read as well now. perhaps not as quick. i think it is just a matter of practise though. i rarely speak it now unless i am really mad at my parents or i am at the gym. its odd isnt it - observe your thoughts next time when you are in a stressful situation and you need to count, more than often you will find yourself counting in your native tongue (in case english isnt it).

ps. I CANT STAND HINDI MOVIES. I HATE THEM WITH ALL MY MIGHT. unfortunately we subscribe to 2 hindi channels so whenever i am home, all my parents and sister watch are those 2 channels and usually it is some terrible movie with no plot and horrendous overacting with humor that really isnt humorous. /end rant.

Omg, its like looking into a mirror, the same with me. but i dont think to myself in hindi (was in india in until the 6/7th grade according to US, dont really know the grade system). i have just grown accustomed to thinking in english, but speaking hindi is just like second nature. i cant do it that well if i am aware of it, often with a crappy accent, but if someone talks to me in it, i generally reply normally, without thinking about it.

Jun 7, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #21 of 26
I was told a long time ago by someone that in India, speakers were mostly horns and ranged from like 300-6000 hz frequency response because of the music they listened to and how they liked to hear it.

I thought this thread was about speaker systems in India, so i wanted to see if what i heard was true, but i guess thats not the subject.

Jun 7, 2008 at 1:43 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was told a long time ago by someone that in India, speakers were mostly horns and ranged from like 300-6000 hz frequency response because of the music they listened to and how they liked to hear it.

I thought this thread was about speaker systems in India, so i wanted to see if what i heard was true, but i guess thats not the subject.

LOL, i do hope you were joking. im not a big fan of indian music, but speaker there are not just horns. and music varies quite a bit.

Jun 7, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #23 of 26
I'm a huge Hindi music lover and actually enjoy watching some of the films, except for anything 80's and most of the 90's. Some of the more recent films have been pretty good. I'm also a big Punjabi music lover.

Jun 13, 2008 at 11:50 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to thread-crap, but a quick show of hands from those who though that "hindi speakers", referred to some indo-asian hi-fi equipment. It can't have been just me.

I though the same thing, but I tend to take things literally. (Drives my wife nuts, especially when she knows I know what she meant.) I guess "speakers of the Hindi language" is more precise.

Nov 9, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #26 of 26
Hindi/Punjabi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back