Alpha Core
Apr 1, 2003 at 1:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

r3cc0s

500+ Head-Fier
anybody ever heard of this? My local audiophile shop says these are pretty much giant killers as well, stating that though they don't use a locking rca adapter, they have keep the sound warm but not too lush yet keeping extrememly good detail, even with silver not being too harsh..

i've never heard them but he says they are like tara using rectangle core, and I definately would love to give these a shot,
anybody heard of them before?

Apr 1, 2003 at 5:18 AM Post #2 of 3
Which model? I have the copper Micropurl and the silver TQ2 model. The silver one is, as you might expect, brighter than the copper. All in all, I like them but in different situations. I use the TQ2 between tube amp and tube preamp and it yields a lively sound. But the TQ2 is too zippy for my tastes when used between CD player and preamp. Fortunately the copper Micropurl works better there. All in all, a good value and if you're on a budget, I'd still with the copper version as it is half the price of the TQ2.

Apr 14, 2024 at 12:24 PM Post #3 of 3
anybody ever heard of this? My local audiophile shop says these are pretty much giant killers as well, stating that though they don't use a locking rca adapter, they have keep the sound warm but not too lush yet keeping extrememly good detail, even with silver not being too harsh..

i've never heard them but he says they are like tara using rectangle core, and I definately would love to give these a shot,
anybody heard of them before?
I have both copper and silver interconnects.
I find the silver is not good for phono but are great for cd players and the copper ones sound great for the phono.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back