AHHHHH! A FORUM OF V700 LOVERS!! Send Backup! Send Mike!
Aug 2, 2001 at 1:39 AM Post #16 of 18
Guess what?

*falls over laughing*

Whoever started that thread on that trancEaddict forum had said in the opening post that the Sennheiser HD 495's suck - and earlier today I read that he wouldn't be using those cans for DJ'ing, but music listening on a Bose (Lifestyle?) system (which, BTW, is obviously a very overpriced minisystem). I posted a reply to that post, "Don't blame the 495's - but blame your (Bose) system - for the crappy sound." In other words, that Bose system has a REALLY crappy headphone amp - nearly as gutless as that of today's average portable CDP or MDP - that has a very colored (coloured for you Brits) frequency response. Worse, that cheesy "preamp" (main unit) only sounds good with the equally crappy loudspeakers that came with it! I told him that he REALLY needs a full-sized separate-component audio system for serious music listening - and NOT some cheesy overpriced minisystem that only sounds good with the crappy speakers that came with it!

Remember this popular phrase from Bose bashers:
NO HIGHS, NO LOWS, IT MUST BE BOSE !!!!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Aug 8, 2001 at 6:13 AM Post #18 of 18
AAARRRRRRRRRGGGHHH!!! I've had it with being an "audiophile"!!! I'm definitely selling ALL of my good-sounding headphones and buying one very expensive pair of cool-looking, REALLY boomy headphones!!!
eek.gif
(Might as well do that, considering *my* musical tastes - I now only listen to rock, "mainstream" pop and rap/hip-hop, and I barely touch any jazz or classical recordings any more! And ALL of my favorite CDs had been recorded and mastered like crap, anyway, and good-sounding headphones take ALL of the enjoyment out of listening to them, with the recordings' screechy, overly bright highs!)

Any suggestions on the "coolest" looking, REALLY boomy pair of headphones?

PLEASE NOTE: I've become the first casualty in the battle between the so-called "audiophiles" and the so-called "V700 lovers".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back