1st upgrade
Jul 10, 2008 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dir_d

Head-Fier
Hello all this is my 1st post. Im curently trying to build an entry level kit for myself and after lots of reading i think that having a portable DAC/Amp combo would be best. I currently use KSC35's at work and at the gym with a Creative Zen Nano plus.

Im an Avid gamer and plan on buying DT770pro/80 at a certain point because i love bass but currently at home i have Sony MDR-V600 cans pushed through a Creative Audigy2 ZS. I use Foobar with SB Audigy 2 ZS 24/96 ASIO driver. Im trying to get into the audiophile scene but still have my gaming sound. Thats why i chose a DAC/Amp combo as my 1st upgrade to benefit me at the house and outside of it to.

I was going to go with the Go-Vibe Petite because i have read the review plus its just plain sexy. Its small enough to throw on the treadmill with my nano plus and keep at my desk or pocket at work also the benefit at home with my current cans until i can muster more money up.

The Go-Vibe Petite is at my price cap of $200. Before i purchase these i wanna make sure its the best bang for the buck and that im not missing out on a product that performs as well or better for cheaper.

Thx for the help in advance

Jul 10, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #2 of 5
Bump..

Have i made the right choice by wanting to get the Go-Vibe Petite and also having this as my 1st step in building a 1st timers audiophile set with my current gear?

Jul 11, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #3 of 5
First off, move out of Modesto man! Hope Fresno or Bakersfield???? Anyway, If 200 bucks is your limit you might want to look for a used Tomahawk from Ray. Those are great and probably a bit better than what you're looking at. Anyway those are my thoughts.

Let us know what you go with. Good luck!

Leo

Jul 11, 2008 at 10:04 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckyleo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First off, move out of Modesto man! Hope Fresno or Bakersfield???? Anyway, If 200 bucks is your limit you might want to look for a used Tomahawk from Ray. Those are great and probably a bit better than what you're looking at. Anyway those are my thoughts.

Let us know what you go with. Good luck!

Leo

Modesto isnt that bad haha. Thx for the advice ill see if i can find one.

Jul 12, 2008 at 10:14 AM Post #5 of 5
I decided to go with the headsix...looking for used if i dont find one soon ill pay the full price. I think everyone likes to hold out a lil bit to find a sweet deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back