New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) - Page 53  

post #781 of 1071
Thanks for the suggestions on a coat to purchase, those who participated.

The winner is...drumroll.....





















The REI Co-Op Magma 850 Down Jacket.





850 of Down fill, one of the highest in the industry (higher fill usually is a thick ski jacket or uber expensive), is ultra lightweight, and is keeping me warm as I type this! The Down jacket will be a layer underneath my Puma America's Cup Team USA Oracle Tag Heuer Sailing Jacket, which is essentially a lightweight weather-resistant shell jacket.
post #782 of 1071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellwolf View Post


I have the problem that my parents bought 3 tickets at once for us and it only ever asked for one name, so does that mean that my mom's name will be on all 3?

Hate to admit that IMO this is one of the most surreal posts ever...

 

...but then again maybe I'm just jealous that my parents would never consider going to something like this, but seeing that I'm the parent of 3 it would be a bit strange. 

post #783 of 1071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellwolf View Post

I have the problem that my parents bought 3 tickets at once for us and it only ever asked for one name, so does that mean that my mom's name will be on all 3?

Nice! No worries, just PM the man, the myth, the legend, @third_eye, and I'm sure that he will take care of it!
post #784 of 1071
Quote:
Originally Posted by moedawg140 View Post

Thanks for the suggestions on a coat to purchase, those who participated.

The winner is...drumroll.....





















The REI Co-Op Magma 850 Down Jacket.





850 of Down fill, one of the highest in the industry (higher fill usually is a thick ski jacket or uber expensive), is ultra lightweight, and is keeping me warm as I type this! The Down jacket will be a layer underneath my Puma America's Cup Team USA Oracle Tag Heuer Sailing Jacket, which is essentially a lightweight weather-resistant shell jacket.

 

VERY nice choice! 

post #785 of 1071
Silly question added. Do I have to preregister or can I just show up on Saturday and pay then?
post #786 of 1071
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLMATIC9108 View Post

Silly question added. Do I have to preregister or can I just show up on Saturday and pay then?

As CanJam's you can typically pre-register or just just show up, but the "day-of"/"at the door" pricing is incrementally higher (something like $5). Cheers and hope to see you there

post #787 of 1071

I want my badge to read "Lord of Time and Tacos."

post #788 of 1071
Quote:
Originally Posted by echineko View Post

I would have preferred the option to only have the headfi nick displayed, really. It would probably make the most sense anyway.


Second that!

post #789 of 1071

NOTE:  If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.

 

Check out this sneak preview of just some of the things you can hear and see at CanJam NYC 2017, including some exclusive first reveals of exciting new products! Come join us on February 4-5, 2017 at the New York Marriott Marquis for CanJam NYC!

 

Video Index:
 

1:37 - MrSpeakers
4:04 - Sennheiser
5:24 - Echobox
7:25 - Chord Electronics
13:36 - HIFIMAN
18:23 - Audio Precision
20:06 - THX
22:47 - Sony
28:49 -smyth Research
30:45 -Cayin
32:51 - AudioQuest
36:54 - Woo Audio
35:01 - Audeze
39:14 - Focal
40:58 - Kimber Kable
41:25 - Mytek Digital
43:15 - Schiit Audio
44:12 - Abyss
44:49 - Lotoo
46:05 - Evolution of Sound
47:23 - StereoPravda
48:21 - 1MORE
49:54 - Empire Ears
48:54 - Atomic Floyd
49:16 - Noble Audio
50:27 - Unique Melody
50:44 - Campfire Audio
51:12 - Cardas
51:40 - final
52:25 - Periodic Audio
53:22 - Acoustic Research
55:28 - FiiO
56:03 - TheBIT

 


 

CanJam NYC 2017 Preview and Sneak Peeks - Head-Fi TV produced by Joseph Cwik, Jude Mansilla, and Brian Murphy
post #790 of 1071
Quote:
Originally Posted by jude View Post
 

NOTE:  If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.

 

Check out this sneak preview of just some of the things you can hear and see at CanJam NYC 2017, including some exclusive first reveals of exciting new products! Come join us on February 4-5, 2017 at the New York Marriott Marquis for CanJam NYC!

 


 

CanJam NYC 2017 Preview and Sneak Peeks - Head-Fi TV produced by Joseph Cwik, Jude Mansilla, and Brian Murphy

Thanks for the video! I know everyone worked real hard to put together this CanJam video, real excited to go!

post #791 of 1071
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscott58 View Post

Hate to admit that IMO this is one of the most surreal posts ever...

...but then again maybe I'm just jealous that my parents would never consider going to something like this, but seeing that I'm the parent of 3 it would be a bit strange. 
Honestly, my parents have somewhat come to hate this hobby because it's all I talk about and cost a lot of money, they've just been wanting to take me to NYC since they used to go a lot before they had me. Plus they both used to work for US Airways(now the new American) so flying doesn't cost us much.
post #792 of 1071
Quote:
Originally Posted by moedawg140 View Post

Nice! No worries, just PM the man, the myth, the legend, @third_eye, and I'm sure that he will take care of it!
He took care of it for me. I'm extremely excited about going, the only meet I've ever been to was a smaller one here in Charlotte, NC.
Edited by Dellwolf - 1/29/17 at 8:22pm
post #793 of 1071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellwolf View Post


He took care of it for me. I'm extremely excited about going, the only meet I've ever been to was a smaller one here in Charlotte, NC.

Well your mind and ears (and likely budget) will be blown by a full-scale CanJam. They're really fun and a bit overwhelming. Be sure to look up some of us older-timers and we'll help provide some guidance if you're interested. Cheers and see you in a few days

post #794 of 1071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellwolf View Post


He took care of it for me. I'm extremely excited about going, the only meet I've ever been to was a smaller one here in Charlotte, NC.

 

One trick I learned from CanJam Singapore is: on Saturday, find the stuff you REALLY want to listen to, and go back for them on Sunday morning :D. Much more quiet, and less of a line, if any at all.

 

Can't wait for this one!

post #795 of 1071

To say that i'm stoked for NYC CanJam would be an understatement. Catch me and @Canyon Runner at the Empire Ears booth as we'll have the entire line available to audition. Dean will also be present to shoot impressions on the spot for those that desire customs. See you all soon!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked