New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Alternatives to AKG K501

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

Hi, I'm just taking my first step into the world of headphones today. I've tried DT 770, DT 990, Grado sr225e, sr80e, and AKG K501 (I mainly listen to Pink Floyd, and for testing I only used Pink Floyd songs today).

Between those headphones, I love the AKG K501 the most but I found all of the shops are out of stock :( 

So could you guys recommend me other alternatives not over $200 please.

 

Thanks in advance.

post #2 of 8
Hasn't the K501 been discontinued? Have you looked at the K612 Pro? I have seen it for right at $200.
post #3 of 8

AKG K701/702..

DT660 if you don't mind closed.

Audio Technica AD900 is another option, but that is discontinued too.

See this comparison for details:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13


Edited by Sadkmf - 11/30/14 at 10:55am
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreudMan View Post
 

AKG K701/702..

DT660 if you don't mind closed.

Audio Technica AD900 is another option, but that is discontinued too.

See this comparison for details:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13

AKG K701/702 would be a downgrade according to that thread.

 

I've asked about whether the K612 sounds like the K501 and there was no answer in the k612 thread.

 

I just get the feeling the K501 is a one-off that is difficult to substitute with another headphone.

post #5 of 8
Oh well - everyone needs to have a unicorn to yearn for... tongue.gif
post #6 of 8
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

Oh well - everyone needs to have a unicorn to yearn for... tongue.gif

The Sumatran tiger more like.

post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 

Thank you all for the replies xD

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

Hasn't the K501 been discontinued? Have you looked at the K612 Pro? I have seen it for right at $200.

Yes, the product has been discontinued and I cannot find it here in Singapore. The k501 I tested was a display one and they asked for $400. I haven't tried the K612 Pro yet, will look for it this week.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreudMan View Post
 

AKG K701/702..

DT660 if you don't mind closed.

Audio Technica AD900 is another option, but that is discontinued too.

See this comparison for details:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13

Thanks, I will take a look at those phones too. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/akg-k7xx-massdrop-first-edition-headphones


Today is the last day.

I did a little search and this looks like a very good deal. However, as an inexperience buyer, I'm not confident with blind purchase. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home