So, third generation of Grado, man. Thoughts? Impressions? Expectations? What do you think of Grado updating the line? Post any related thing here!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Grado Labs NEW e series headphones and loaner program! Last post on 10/19/14 at 6:57am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Excellent condition Grado PS500 with L-cush/Vilaibhan carrying case/original box Last post on 8/19/13 at 8:02pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- An audiophile heaven in San Francisco Last post on 1/8/14 at 6:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR 325 is driver mismatch Last post on 12/24/11 at 2:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
I picked these up off ebay a few weeks ago for 5 $ so my expectations were not high but to my surprise i think that i found a new pair of daily drivers, as i have said i have collected a fairly...
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Grado e Series
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I look forward to reading your impressions.
Check the backs of the drivers on your 500s. If they are red you already have all the E technology.
Yeah I was sure to check that my current model didn't have any of the e series features before I bought the new ones today. My serial number is 37**
Here are my thoughts...barely (if any) differences between the first generation and subsequent "i" generation....so....
Probably best not to speculate. I do hope the newer versions have more/tighter bass and are more detailed. Looking forward to reading about others impressions too.
I'll wait a couple of months before I make the leap. Maybe grab a pair of 80's to compare to the one's I already own.
I bought my PS500 about a month ago and they came with "red drivers" and they also are terminated with the 1/8 headphone jack. So I guess I got an early e series headphone. They sound amazing. The PS500 were known for having a slight rolled off treble, but everything is right on, I am impressed. Very pure headphone here.
I have a pair of final run 80i's with the e improvements. I think they sound fantastic, altho the only thing is I haven't heard the previous gen. 80i's, and therefore no real perspective on the differences. That said, I DO have a pair of 60i's that I can compare to, I just need to spend some time w/ each to assess them more critically.
my biggest problem with grado headphones were the ease of damaging the cable with how the cans earily twirl and twist the cable, and the inability to easily replace damaged cables. E series appears to still have this problem, so not going to get any unfortunately.
Edited by ESL-1 - 6/11/14 at 7:51pm
The cables on MS-1(and similarly SR80?) do get twisted around quite easily, but further up the model range, the hf2(and similarly ps500?) and ps1k cables are pretty thick and heavy and do not get twisted easily.
I believe the new 12conductor cables should be even heavier and could be even more damage resistant?
- Grado e Series
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Beyerdynamic T5p is change of cable possible? 17 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 58 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › I need some recommendations for Bluetooth 3 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 8 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5P Replacement Cable 8 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 9 minutes ago
- › Shure SE110 Sound Isolating Earphone with Balanced Armature Driver... by umhhmm
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)