So, third generation of Grado, man. Thoughts? Impressions? Expectations? What do you think of Grado updating the line? Post any related thing here!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Grado Labs NEW e series headphones and loaner program! Last post on 9/29/14 at 1:55pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Excellent condition Grado PS500 with L-cush/Vilaibhan carrying case/original box Last post on 8/19/13 at 8:02pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- An audiophile heaven in San Francisco Last post on 1/8/14 at 6:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR 325 is driver mismatch Last post on 12/24/11 at 2:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Grado e Series
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I look forward to reading your impressions.
Check the backs of the drivers on your 500s. If they are red you already have all the E technology.
Yeah I was sure to check that my current model didn't have any of the e series features before I bought the new ones today. My serial number is 37**
Here are my thoughts...barely (if any) differences between the first generation and subsequent "i" generation....so....
Probably best not to speculate. I do hope the newer versions have more/tighter bass and are more detailed. Looking forward to reading about others impressions too.
I'll wait a couple of months before I make the leap. Maybe grab a pair of 80's to compare to the one's I already own.
I bought my PS500 about a month ago and they came with "red drivers" and they also are terminated with the 1/8 headphone jack. So I guess I got an early e series headphone. They sound amazing. The PS500 were known for having a slight rolled off treble, but everything is right on, I am impressed. Very pure headphone here.
I have a pair of final run 80i's with the e improvements. I think they sound fantastic, altho the only thing is I haven't heard the previous gen. 80i's, and therefore no real perspective on the differences. That said, I DO have a pair of 60i's that I can compare to, I just need to spend some time w/ each to assess them more critically.
my biggest problem with grado headphones were the ease of damaging the cable with how the cans earily twirl and twist the cable, and the inability to easily replace damaged cables. E series appears to still have this problem, so not going to get any unfortunately.
Edited by ESL-1 - 6/11/14 at 7:51pm
The cables on MS-1(and similarly SR80?) do get twisted around quite easily, but further up the model range, the hf2(and similarly ps500?) and ps1k cables are pretty thick and heavy and do not get twisted easily.
I believe the new 12conductor cables should be even heavier and could be even more damage resistant?
- Grado e Series
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 56 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 9 minutes ago
- › AKG K702 Impressions. 9 minutes ago
- › I have $1000 for audio in my new computer build. Is this my best... 9 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 10 minutes ago
- › FS: Epiphany Acoustics O2 Objective2 Amp *Free Gift* 12 minutes ago
- › Legal Ruling May Put XM Radio Out Of Business 12 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)