So, third generation of Grado, man. Thoughts? Impressions? Expectations? What do you think of Grado updating the line? Post any related thing here!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Grado Labs NEW e series headphones and loaner program! Last post on 11/7/14 at 5:14pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Excellent condition Grado PS500 with L-cush/Vilaibhan carrying case/original box Last post on 8/19/13 at 8:02pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- An audiophile heaven in San Francisco Last post on 1/8/14 at 6:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR 325 is driver mismatch Last post on 12/24/11 at 2:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
Grado e Series
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I look forward to reading your impressions.
Check the backs of the drivers on your 500s. If they are red you already have all the E technology.
Yeah I was sure to check that my current model didn't have any of the e series features before I bought the new ones today. My serial number is 37**
Here are my thoughts...barely (if any) differences between the first generation and subsequent "i" generation....so....
Probably best not to speculate. I do hope the newer versions have more/tighter bass and are more detailed. Looking forward to reading about others impressions too.
I'll wait a couple of months before I make the leap. Maybe grab a pair of 80's to compare to the one's I already own.
I bought my PS500 about a month ago and they came with "red drivers" and they also are terminated with the 1/8 headphone jack. So I guess I got an early e series headphone. They sound amazing. The PS500 were known for having a slight rolled off treble, but everything is right on, I am impressed. Very pure headphone here.
I have a pair of final run 80i's with the e improvements. I think they sound fantastic, altho the only thing is I haven't heard the previous gen. 80i's, and therefore no real perspective on the differences. That said, I DO have a pair of 60i's that I can compare to, I just need to spend some time w/ each to assess them more critically.
my biggest problem with grado headphones were the ease of damaging the cable with how the cans earily twirl and twist the cable, and the inability to easily replace damaged cables. E series appears to still have this problem, so not going to get any unfortunately.
Edited by ESL-1 - 6/11/14 at 7:51pm
The cables on MS-1(and similarly SR80?) do get twisted around quite easily, but further up the model range, the hf2(and similarly ps500?) and ps1k cables are pretty thick and heavy and do not get twisted easily.
I believe the new 12conductor cables should be even heavier and could be even more damage resistant?
- Grado e Series
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 1964 Ears 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 v Urbanite XL v 429 on comfort 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-4/40 Quad Balanced Armature earphones 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND... 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)