So, third generation of Grado, man. Thoughts? Impressions? Expectations? What do you think of Grado updating the line? Post any related thing here!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR80-E Impressions and Comparison? Last post on 2/27/15 at 3:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Project Head Box II vs. Schiit Vali Last post on 4/3/15 at 1:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Grado e Series vs i Series Graphs Last post on 1/13/15 at 7:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 1/15/15 at 1:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Grado Labs NEW e series headphones and loaner program! Last post on 2/10/15 at 7:30pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Grado e Series
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I look forward to reading your impressions.
Check the backs of the drivers on your 500s. If they are red you already have all the E technology.
Yeah I was sure to check that my current model didn't have any of the e series features before I bought the new ones today. My serial number is 37**
Here are my thoughts...barely (if any) differences between the first generation and subsequent "i" generation....so....
Probably best not to speculate. I do hope the newer versions have more/tighter bass and are more detailed. Looking forward to reading about others impressions too.
I'll wait a couple of months before I make the leap. Maybe grab a pair of 80's to compare to the one's I already own.
I bought my PS500 about a month ago and they came with "red drivers" and they also are terminated with the 1/8 headphone jack. So I guess I got an early e series headphone. They sound amazing. The PS500 were known for having a slight rolled off treble, but everything is right on, I am impressed. Very pure headphone here.
I have a pair of final run 80i's with the e improvements. I think they sound fantastic, altho the only thing is I haven't heard the previous gen. 80i's, and therefore no real perspective on the differences. That said, I DO have a pair of 60i's that I can compare to, I just need to spend some time w/ each to assess them more critically.
my biggest problem with grado headphones were the ease of damaging the cable with how the cans earily twirl and twist the cable, and the inability to easily replace damaged cables. E series appears to still have this problem, so not going to get any unfortunately.
Edited by ESL-1 - 6/11/14 at 7:51pm
The cables on MS-1(and similarly SR80?) do get twisted around quite easily, but further up the model range, the hf2(and similarly ps500?) and ps1k cables are pretty thick and heavy and do not get twisted easily.
I believe the new 12conductor cables should be even heavier and could be even more damage resistant?
- Grado e Series
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 5 seconds ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 12 seconds ago
- › Upgrade from HD598+Fiio E10 ($600~$700 Budget) 27 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 40 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 44 seconds ago
- › Reversible AKG K701 bass mod 53 seconds ago
- › Best cans for female vocals? 58 seconds ago
- › 2015 Central Florida Summer Meet @ LiveSoundWave in Orlando 8.1.2015 1 minute ago
- › Is there no flagship for "fun" headphones that has the 3D... 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3