So, third generation of Grado, man. Thoughts? Impressions? Expectations? What do you think of Grado updating the line? Post any related thing here!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Grado Labs NEW e series headphones and loaner program! Last post on Yesterday at 6:57 am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Excellent condition Grado PS500 with L-cush/Vilaibhan carrying case/original box Last post on 8/19/13 at 8:02pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- An audiophile heaven in San Francisco Last post on 1/8/14 at 6:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR 325 is driver mismatch Last post on 12/24/11 at 2:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in MEdia Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAS -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
Grado e Series
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I look forward to reading your impressions.
Check the backs of the drivers on your 500s. If they are red you already have all the E technology.
Yeah I was sure to check that my current model didn't have any of the e series features before I bought the new ones today. My serial number is 37**
Here are my thoughts...barely (if any) differences between the first generation and subsequent "i" generation....so....
Probably best not to speculate. I do hope the newer versions have more/tighter bass and are more detailed. Looking forward to reading about others impressions too.
I'll wait a couple of months before I make the leap. Maybe grab a pair of 80's to compare to the one's I already own.
I bought my PS500 about a month ago and they came with "red drivers" and they also are terminated with the 1/8 headphone jack. So I guess I got an early e series headphone. They sound amazing. The PS500 were known for having a slight rolled off treble, but everything is right on, I am impressed. Very pure headphone here.
I have a pair of final run 80i's with the e improvements. I think they sound fantastic, altho the only thing is I haven't heard the previous gen. 80i's, and therefore no real perspective on the differences. That said, I DO have a pair of 60i's that I can compare to, I just need to spend some time w/ each to assess them more critically.
my biggest problem with grado headphones were the ease of damaging the cable with how the cans earily twirl and twist the cable, and the inability to easily replace damaged cables. E series appears to still have this problem, so not going to get any unfortunately.
Edited by ESL-1 - 6/11/14 at 7:51pm
The cables on MS-1(and similarly SR80?) do get twisted around quite easily, but further up the model range, the hf2(and similarly ps500?) and ps1k cables are pretty thick and heavy and do not get twisted easily.
I believe the new 12conductor cables should be even heavier and could be even more damage resistant?
- Grado e Series
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 6 minutes ago
- › Focal Spirit Professional 7 minutes ago
- › 3D printed Baffle & customized HM5 Pads for the Fostex T50rp 7 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 7 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 10 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)