So, third generation of Grado, man. Thoughts? Impressions? Expectations? What do you think of Grado updating the line? Post any related thing here!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Grado Labs NEW e series headphones and loaner program! Last post on 11/7/14 at 5:14pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Excellent condition Grado PS500 with L-cush/Vilaibhan carrying case/original box Last post on 8/19/13 at 8:02pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- An audiophile heaven in San Francisco Last post on 1/8/14 at 6:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR 325 is driver mismatch Last post on 12/24/11 at 2:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
Grado e Series
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I look forward to reading your impressions.
Check the backs of the drivers on your 500s. If they are red you already have all the E technology.
Yeah I was sure to check that my current model didn't have any of the e series features before I bought the new ones today. My serial number is 37**
Here are my thoughts...barely (if any) differences between the first generation and subsequent "i" generation....so....
Probably best not to speculate. I do hope the newer versions have more/tighter bass and are more detailed. Looking forward to reading about others impressions too.
I'll wait a couple of months before I make the leap. Maybe grab a pair of 80's to compare to the one's I already own.
I bought my PS500 about a month ago and they came with "red drivers" and they also are terminated with the 1/8 headphone jack. So I guess I got an early e series headphone. They sound amazing. The PS500 were known for having a slight rolled off treble, but everything is right on, I am impressed. Very pure headphone here.
I have a pair of final run 80i's with the e improvements. I think they sound fantastic, altho the only thing is I haven't heard the previous gen. 80i's, and therefore no real perspective on the differences. That said, I DO have a pair of 60i's that I can compare to, I just need to spend some time w/ each to assess them more critically.
my biggest problem with grado headphones were the ease of damaging the cable with how the cans earily twirl and twist the cable, and the inability to easily replace damaged cables. E series appears to still have this problem, so not going to get any unfortunately.
Edited by ESL-1 - 6/11/14 at 7:51pm
The cables on MS-1(and similarly SR80?) do get twisted around quite easily, but further up the model range, the hf2(and similarly ps500?) and ps1k cables are pretty thick and heavy and do not get twisted easily.
I believe the new 12conductor cables should be even heavier and could be even more damage resistant?
- Grado e Series
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 24 seconds ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 44 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 1 minute ago
- › Grado PS-1000 (balanced) 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Latest Update:... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-A8 DAC/Amp and other Fostex gear 6 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)