or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Perfect Song to play with HD800?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Perfect Song to play with HD800? - Page 2

post #16 of 28
Thread Starter 

The Chesky binaural is an entire album though. Any specifics?

post #17 of 28

Depends on what kind of music you like but they all showcase the amazing separation/positioning of binaural mic technology.

post #18 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

+1

showed a female friend of mine one of her favorites with my D2k and HM801+Pb2... she almost beat me up lol

Speaking of beat up, play some classical and that's a sure way to get punched. I don't think normal people listen to classical at all.
post #19 of 28

Time from inception is great-- rather that entire soundtrack is great.  One of my favorites of all time.  I'd definitely use that to demo them if I were you or him.

 

I'm not a big fan of Chesky headphone album stuff.  They're great recordings and all, but they're not great musically, it's almost as if they were made just for the sake of being made binaural.  

post #20 of 28

post #21 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

Time from inception is great-- rather that entire soundtrack is great.  One of my favorites of all time.  I'd definitely use that to demo them if I were you or him.

 

I'm not a big fan of Chesky headphone album stuff.  They're great recordings and all, but they're not great musically, it's almost as if they were made just for the sake of being made binaural.  

Actually, Chesky helped record a Percussion album that I enjoyed very much! There's some classical and what not stuff on there as well OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the JAZZ TIME he did, sounds WONDERFUL! I forget the name of but Transcedental Tripping is still one of my Refreance Tracks! 

 

So he's helped produce two musically sound albums, but yea HIS albums got the MAD SCIENTIEST vibe to them lol, but the whisper track is cool as crap and better gear makes it even cooler! My He 4 presents his voice in a very life like and creepy way! More so than my two closed backs 

post #22 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

Actually, Chesky helped record a Percussion album that I enjoyed very much! There's some classical and what not stuff on there as well OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the JAZZ TIME he did, sounds WONDERFUL! I forget the name of but Transcedental Tripping is still one of my Refreance Tracks! 

So he's helped produce two musically sound albums, but yea HIS albums got the MAD SCIENTIEST vibe to them lol, but the whisper track is cool as crap and better gear makes it even cooler! My He 4 presents his voice in a very life like and creepy way! More so than my two closed backs 

Totally agree! If you search binaural+ there's some great albums on HD tracks. The chesky ones themselves actually sample from those. Some very good stuff. One of the main collaborators on the percussion album actually teaches improvisation and world music at my school! Jamie Haddad, he's incredible, and that percussion album is stellar. Anyways, search "binaural+" on HDtracks
Edited by ThePianoMan - 5/7/14 at 11:37am
post #23 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePianoMan View Post


Totally agree! If you search binaural+ there's some great albums on HD tracks. The cheeky ones themselves actually sample from those. Some very good stuff. One of the main collaborators on the percussion album is actually teaches improvisation and world music at my school! Jamie Haddad, he's incredible, and that percussion album is stellar. Anyways, search "binaural+" on HDtracks

ooh very cool man! I've love to get to meet some of those guysz >.> 

post #24 of 28
Jamie Haddad is thoroughly crazy. I just found out that he played on that album, so I'll ask him about it when I get the chance (schools about out for the summer, but I play in one of his ensembles, and I'll be taking a class of his next Sem) He did mention that Dr. Chesky was a goofy guy, but also a superb musician himself! I'll let you know when I have a deeper conversation with him about it. I think head-fi TV has an episode about that album too, if you're interested.
post #25 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePianoMan View Post

Jamie Haddad is thoroughly crazy. I just found out that he played on that album, so I'll ask him about it when I get the chance (schools about out for the summer, but I play in one of his ensembles, and I'll be taking a class of his next Sem) He did mention that Dr. Chesky was a goofy guy, but also a superb musician himself! I'll let you know when I have a deeper conversation with him about it. I think head-fi TV has an episode about that album too, if you're interested.

Oh yea I figured the lot of them where nut balls, but no honestly it's the goofy ones who are usually brilliant 

post #26 of 28
"It's the goofy ones who are usually brilliant"

+1
post #27 of 28

The HD800 is made to be the best dynamic headphone in the world, for classical music especially... so, enjoy it ;)

post #28 of 28

Massive Attack — I against I
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Perfect Song to play with HD800?