Hi everyone, I have been lurking here for a long time, and finally decided to participate in discussions as I have been having trouble trying to do my own research online.
Before I start writing a long long post, I would like to summarise what I am looking at, and seek your opinion. It can be opening a can of worms, but I hope to be able to use your advise to start somewhere.
Firstly, I live in a remote part of Asia, and can only travel to the city to a headphone store once in a few months, so "go and have a listen" is something of a luxury, not to mention not every store carry a big collection of headphones for testing.
Where I need help :
1. Replace my Sennheiser HD25-1 headphones.
2. Reference to the sound I like (currently) - Westone W40. But I am hoping to get cans to replace the W40 because I have wet type ear wax, and it is a pain to use IEMs because of that. Only when I get into a plane for long hauls, there is where I will plug in the W40.
3. Budget between US$300-500.
4. I have a FiiO Alpen headphone amp which is my primary DAC for my MacBook Pro. Otherwise I have no headphones amp.
5. I wear eye glasses, so something that clamps hard is definitely out.
Any advise? Many thanks.
I have read so many reviews now, that I am already pretty dizzy... but not much reference is made to the Westone W40... I like natural sound. Listen to a wide genre of music. I hate the Sennheiser HD25-1 for its piercing highs. I bought them for its durability. I have long outgrown them.