or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions - Page 57  

post #841 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenia1 View Post
 

bad news. i got the tg100 not the JL1. im gonna open a case and demand a refund

That really sucks. I really wish they restocked the JL1. I would be down for a pair. I really like the idea of tungsten/metal coating the yuin casings. I guess it was really a special run since they don't do it at all anymore and there's no backstock. 

post #842 of 1160

in addition, i think they even sound worse than the 38S model.....

i do love the build! its is awesome! but the sound is the total opposite...

im regreting getting into all this tingo buzz..


Edited by jenia1 - 6/14/14 at 3:41am
post #843 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenia1 View Post

in addition, i think they even sound worse than the 38S model.....
i do love the build! its is awesome! but the sound is the total opposite...
im regreting getting into all this tingo buzz..

Wow this sucks. I ordered 2 pairs of JL1, but then went for TC100 after finding out JL1 were gone. I hated the TG-38S but based on BenF's review, I thought the less hyperextended sound would be more to my liking. But if they're worse than TG-38S, I'm not gonna even bother opening the box when I get home.
post #844 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtruong34 View Post


Wow this sucks. I ordered 2 pairs of JL1, but then went for TC100 after finding out JL1 were gone. I hated the TG-38S but based on BenF's review, I thought the less hyperextended sound would be more to my liking. But if they're worse than TG-38S, I'm not gonna even bother opening the box when I get home.


My review is only valid for TG-JL1, have no idea how TC100 sounds.

post #845 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonathena View Post
 

If you burn in BE5 more than 500 hours you get a soundstage you won't believe! It's huge, layered, full-sized, speaker like soundstage. Gone is the bright and occasionally lean sound with bass detached from the spectrum, after burn in the sound has become completely integrated! This really remind me of my experience with TM5, dynamic, layered, big sounding. My only quibble with TM5 is its somewhat low speed, this has improved a great deal with BE5! BE5 is very natural and relaxing sounding!


I think you have forgot another zero... :wink_face:

Even carbon-nanotube drivers in full size headphone don't require that much burn-in.

I think you were affected by the brain burn-in, not driver.

post #846 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post


My review is only valid for TG-JL1, have no idea how TC100 sounds.

OK BenF, gotcha. I was under the impression the TC100 are a direct replacement for JL1. Or at least supposed to be very similar.
post #847 of 1160
Thread Starter 

Anyone who wants to know how TG-JL1 sounds, can safely go for the Baldoor EarBell E100.

It's 95% performance at 1/2 price, not to mention actually is available:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Berta-bell-e100-earbud-earphones-for-apple/1512302769.html

post #848 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtruong34 View Post


OK BenF, gotcha. I was under the impression the TC100 are a direct replacement for JL1. Or at least supposed to be very similar.

It was supposed to be a replacement, but different size and shape of the housing, as well as different ventilation, must affect the sound.

post #849 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 

It was supposed to be a replacement, but different size and shape of the housing, as well as different ventilation, must affect the sound.

BenF, do you know if there will ever be another earbud with tungsten dipped casings? Did the JL1 supplier just tell you that they are no longer going to be made at all basically? Or did they simply say they didn't have any at this time. 

post #850 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenSHK View Post
 

BenF, do you know if there will ever be another earbud with tungsten dipped casings? Did the JL1 supplier just tell you that they are no longer going to be made at all basically? Or did they simply say they didn't have any at this time. 


Tingo said in advance there will be only 30 made. They've sold out TG-JL1 and changed the TaoBao listing to TC100.

I'm guessing no more TG-JL1 will be made.

So Baldoor Earbell is the way to go now for balanced sound.

post #851 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danneq View Post
 



I'd recommend Dasetn M1. It's much more balanced than both the Hisoundaudio PAA-1 Pro and Tingo TG38S. The PAA-1 Pro has got more bass and the TG38S has got more extended highs and details, but both the PAA-1 Pro and TG38S have got their drawbacks. Dasetn M1 is a good middle ground and I find myself using it more than my Blox TM7 (it almost sounds as good and also I don't want to risk breaking my TM7...)

Hi Danneq, yup it looks like im gonna try the M1. My friend at work tell me so too, and already order one from the local seller here. Hope that im not messing around with first or second batch, hehe... and the buds are really bang for a bucks. I'll give it try. Tq Danneq.

post #852 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucong View Post
 

Hi Danneq, yup it looks like im gonna try the M1. My friend at work tell me so too, and already order one from the local seller here. Hope that im not messing around with first or second batch, hehe... and the buds are really bang for a bucks. I'll give it try. Tq Danneq.


Dasetn M1 from a local seller? Who else is selling them other than Dasetn?

post #853 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 


Dasetn M1 from a local seller? Who else is selling them other than Dasetn?

From someone at trusted local forum in Indonesia. Mini reseller or a dropshipper, i dont know....

post #854 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucong View Post
 

From someone at trusted local forum in Indonesia. Mini reseller or a dropshipper, i dont know....

Wow are there Dasetn resellers already or have the Dasetn M1s just been rebrands of OEM buds? 

post #855 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 

Anyone who wants to know how TG-JL1 sounds, can safely go for the Baldoor EarBell E100.

It's 95% performance at 1/2 price, not to mention actually is available:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Berta-bell-e100-earbud-earphones-for-apple/1512302769.html

Is it true that there are 2 versions of the Earbell - one better than the other?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions