Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 120

post #1786 of 7650

Are there any comparisons with the HE-6?  

post #1787 of 7650
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post
 

Are there any comparisons with the HE-6?  

Not that I know of.

post #1788 of 7650
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post

Are there any comparisons with the HE-6?  

both edwood and headphoneaddict have comparisons in their review thread. they are linked in first post of this topic.

afaik they still don't have the baffle fixed version though
post #1789 of 7650
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougD View Post

I'm going to officially start the unofficial speculation that the delay was caused by HiFiMan having to upgrade the box, due to the impression created by the Oppo.

You're a very lucky dog, stjj89, there's many here who will be jealous as all-get-out that you got yours on a Friday and can have fun with it all weekend. 

We'll need a report every 15 minutes during the weekend. Remember, this is a global audience, so there is no down time. You'll probably be too excited to sleep anyway, but just in case, line up your backup crew of family and friends to pitch in if necessary.

We're counting on you !!!
Haha maybe you have a point about that case! Haha.
Also that Chinese holiday was not even close being a week away and they act like they were already on holiday! Dam them tongue.gif

Anyway waiting for more impressions..popcorn.gif
post #1790 of 7650

I got my sumptuous HE-560's in last night and just wanted to share a few pictures with you guys who are anxiously awaiting the arrival of your own pair!  I have not had much of a chance to get a great listen to them yet so I am not going to write a full impression on them just quite yet. However, to me, the first thing i noticed when I started listening to it was that, listening at low volume levels was nothing short of brilliant.  The level of detail that you are able to get from them with minimal volume is hard to imagine.  It literally loses no texture with the volume knob being turned down to almost a whisper.  Instrument separation is also done very well with what i have heard so far.  Anyhow, i know that is extremely quick and dirty but i really have only had a chance to get about 20 minutes of listening in on them thus far.  I will keep posted later tonight when i listening to them throughout the day.  

 

post #1791 of 7650

Looking good!! I'll be interested to get your impressions  especially with the lyr. 

post #1792 of 7650
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

Looking good!! I'll be interested to get your impressions  especially with the lyr. 


that's OUR lyr matt, he's got some NICE tubes too !!

post #1793 of 7650
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJochum24 View Post
 

I got my sumptuous HE-560's in last night and just wanted to share a few pictures with you guys who are anxiously awaiting the arrival of your own pair!  I have not had much of a chance to get a great listen to them yet so I am not going to write a full impression on them just quite yet. However, to me, the first thing i noticed when I started listening to it was that, listening at low volume levels was nothing short of brilliant.  The level of detail that you are able to get from them with minimal volume is hard to imagine.  It literally loses no texture with the volume knob being turned down to almost a whisper.  Instrument separation is also done very well with what i have heard so far.  Anyhow, i know that is extremely quick and dirty but i really have only had a chance to get about 20 minutes of listening in on them thus far.  I will keep posted later tonight when i listening to them throughout the day.  

 


how's the lyr ??

post #1794 of 7650
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


that's OUR lyr matt, he's got some NICE tubes too !!

 

You sold our lyr!! :eek:  Treasonous. 

post #1795 of 7650
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

 

You sold our lyr!! :eek:  Treasonous. 


when i got the bryston, i thought i told you

post #1796 of 7650
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


that's OUR lyr matt, he's got some NICE tubes too !!

This is in fact your guys's Lyr:).

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


how's the lyr ??

Been great actually.  I started off using the stock GE tubes that came with it, and i will say, i did not love it with those tubes.  To me, the seemed very bright and almost harsh.  I switched over to the 77 Voshkods(excuse my spelling?)  that I received from you, and that help ALOT. However, being the curious person that i am, i switched it over to the Siemens CCA's and let me tell you, for me, these are the tubes for this amp as you stated.  Very subtle and open, separation is great, and overall it is very musical.  To be honest, i'm still trying to take it all in because this is new to me.  Right now with the HE-560's i am about at 1 o clock on the volume knob with Lyr and it is loud, any higher and we are getting into the ear bleeding range.  It stays nice and clear no matter the volume.  Also, the floor noise seems to be dead quiet, i don't detect any buzzing or humming of the sort.

post #1797 of 7650
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJochum24 View Post
 

I got my sumptuous HE-560's in last night and just wanted to share a few pictures with you guys who are anxiously awaiting the arrival of your own pair!  I have not had much of a chance to get a great listen to them yet so I am not going to write a full impression on them just quite yet. However, to me, the first thing i noticed when I started listening to it was that, listening at low volume levels was nothing short of brilliant.  The level of detail that you are able to get from them with minimal volume is hard to imagine.  It literally loses no texture with the volume knob being turned down to almost a whisper.  Instrument separation is also done very well with what i have heard so far.  Anyhow, i know that is extremely quick and dirty but i really have only had a chance to get about 20 minutes of listening in on them thus far.  I will keep posted later tonight when i listening to them throughout the day.  

 


Really nice to know that these sound good at low volume.....this was one of my biggest concerns.

 

Thanks for the pics.

post #1798 of 7650

I should clarify, when i was using the stock GE tubes, it was not with the HE-560's.  I was using a pair of Sennheiser HD380 pro's.  However, i did just try to swamp them in with the HE-560's and i still get a pretty similar result, just a little too bright for my tastes.

post #1799 of 7650
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


when i got the bryston, i thought i told you

 

Just messin' with you. ;)

post #1800 of 7650
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJochum24 View Post
 

I should clarify, when i was using the stock GE tubes, it was not with the HE-560's.  I was using a pair of Sennheiser HD380 pro's.  However, i did just try to swamp them in with the HE-560's and i still get a pretty similar result, just a little too bright for my tastes.

 

The stock GEs need around 100 hours burn-in, if not more, IMO.  I didn't like them at first, but after burning them in, they improved quite a bit.  Not match for the (1969) Siemens CCas, though.  Love 'em with my HE-500s.

 

Enjoy your new toy :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =