Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Gallery!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 602

post #9016 of 13926
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardgedee View Post

Is there a standard polarity arrangement for Westone/UE-style connectors? For example, is the + socket always in front of the - socket, or do manufacturers generally not care, as long as the left and right channels are arranged uniformly?



As far as im aware this is the standard arrangement, But im not 100% on that...

 

304.jpg

 

Top line for JH / Westone etc. Bottom line is TF10 / SF5 etc

 

post #9017 of 13926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabelmeister View Post



Hi Luke,

 

It's 3.4mm on the stock cable.



Thanks Frank. Still have not had the opportunity to solder the pins on. Maybe tomorrow...

 

post #9018 of 13926

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogsand gears View Post

As far as im aware this is the standard arrangement, But im not 100% on that...

 

Iiiiiinterestiiiing...

 

Incidentally, where did you get those plugs? I've only seen clear plugs (described above) for sale in my online wanderings.

post #9019 of 13926

Agreed... those are much nicer looking that the ones I paid $10 for to get shipped, and I nearly ruined trying to solder them together... I like these!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardgedee View Post

 

Iiiiiinterestiiiing...

 

Incidentally, where did you get those plugs? I've only seen clear plugs (described above) for sale in my online wanderings.



 

post #9020 of 13926
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardgedee View Post

 

Iiiiiinterestiiiing...

 

Incidentally, where did you get those plugs? I've only seen clear plugs (described above) for sale in my online wanderings.



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by WayTooCrazy View Post

Agreed... those are much nicer looking that the ones I paid $10 for to get shipped, and I nearly ruined trying to solder them together... I like these!
 



 


Yes these are much nicer..... Sadly I think the place that these come from stopped producing them. There was a thread about them a while ago. From a place called something(?) Global - based in HK. People were buying them for like $4 + shipping, but then the seller stopped replying to emails.  These are not mine, this is a picture from another audio forum I pulled off of google. However, I have been speaking to a bloke who is getting prices for better quality pin connectors to be manufactured in the USA, and wants to know if there is enough interest. So as soon as I have more info and possibly photos and prices of the connectors I will be starting a new thread to asses the amount of interest in them.
 

 

post #9021 of 13926
post #9022 of 13926

Thanks to Cogs... I had to de-solder my 3.5mm end, remove the shrink-tubing, drill out a Wooden bead and dress up my cable... Sheesh... I should've done this before I put it all together..  biggrin.gif

 

e4ee9c44.jpg

 

Was going to add in my 6-pin Mini-XLR connectors and make the cable balanced, with swappable SE ends (1/4" Furutech and the 1/8" ViaBlue).  ...but decided I didn't want to add any extra weight.  If I had the DT1350, then I'd have done it in a heartbeat...


Edited by WayTooCrazy - 4/8/12 at 2:36pm
post #9023 of 13926

I dont feel that I should take all the blame man! But, that does look nice. Good work , you chose a really nice bead - sets that copper off really well.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayTooCrazy View Post

Thanks to Cogs... I had to de-solder my 3.5mm end, remove the shrink-tubing, drill out a Wooden bead and dress up my cable... Sheesh... I should've done this before I put it all together..  biggrin.gif

 

e4ee9c44.jpg

 

Was going to add in my 6-pin Mini-XLR connectors and make the cable balanced, with swappable SE ends (1/4" Furutech and the 1/8" ViaBlue).  ...but decided I didn't want to add any extra weight.  If I had the DT1350, then I'd have done it in a heartbeat...



 

post #9024 of 13926

where yall getting the splitters? i found the viablue ones and the plastic one from qables. the wood ones look sick. 

post #9025 of 13926

Many people are just using wooden beads, and drilling the holes larger to accommodate the cable. I still like using a spare barrel from the neutrik/rean 3.5mm trs. and shrink tubing over it. 

post #9026 of 13926
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamstrain View Post

Many people are just using wooden beads, and drilling the holes larger to accommodate the cable. I still like using a spare barrel from the neutrik/rean 3.5mm trs. and shrink tubing over it. 


That is a method that has served me well on a couple of occasions. Have you tried it with the new plastic barrels? I wonder how they will react to the heat.
 

 

post #9027 of 13926


Neutrik/Rean has gone to plastic barrels?  Ppfffffttt!  I don't think I like that.  I used to use them because they had a nice metal body.  I also used to do the shrink tubing over their bodies... but I think the wood beads or something more decorative gives it a classier look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogsand gears View Post


That is a method that has served me well on a couple of occasions. Have you tried it with the new plastic barrels? I wonder how they will react to the heat.
 

 



 

post #9028 of 13926

I just got a bunch of Rean NYS231BG a few weeks ago, and was wondering why they felt lighter. My older NYS231BG is wrapped in heatshrink tubing, so I can't make an easy side-by-side comparison.

 

Oh well. The new barrels are thick and sturdy. Aside from not being as heavy as the old ones, they don't seem cheap at all. I don't think I'll mind.


Edited by ardgedee - 4/9/12 at 4:22am
post #9029 of 13926

Does Markertek sell wire that is a ton of strands and is super soft in the 24awg or 26-30awg range?  Would like to try out other wires, but not liking the overseas shipping that I'm doing lately (taking too much time).

post #9030 of 13926

Mogami 2893?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Gallery!!