New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headphone Setup Help:

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Hi.

I am planning to buy headphones + clip on mic + x2 RCA Red and Yellow to 3.5mm Female + USB Sound Card

I am planning to use this setup on the XBOX 360. Problem is, does the USB Sound Card mic input work for the XBOX 360? So that I can plug in the mic plug into the mic input on the USB Sound Card.

If it does work, I'll get headphones. If not, I'll get the Astro A40s. Thanks in advance.
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootBang View Post

I am planning to buy headphones + clip on mic + x2 RCA Red and Yellow to 3.5mm Female + USB Sound Card
I am planning to use this setup on the XBOX 360. Problem is, does the USB Sound Card mic input work for the XBOX 360? So that I can plug in the mic plug into the mic input on the USB Sound Card.
If it does work, I'll get headphones. If not, I'll get the Astro A40s. Thanks in advance.

For the Xbox 360, I would say just to get the Astro mix-amp.

Can you find USB sound cards that say on the box they work with Xbox gaming consoles?

post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 

For the Xbox 360, I would say just to get the Astro mix-amp.

Can you find USB sound cards that say on the box they work with Xbox gaming consoles?

 

First of all, thanks for responding. Second of all, I don't know. That's why I'm asking. And how will the Mixamp work with two plugs; one for audio and one for microphone? 

post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootBang View Post
 

 

First of all, thanks for responding. Second of all, I don't know. That's why I'm asking. And how will the Mix-amp work with two plugs; one for audio and one for microphone? 

With the Astro Mix-amp, you want to connect the S/PDIF (optical or coaxial) cable between the gaming console and the Mix-amp.

I'm guessing the mix-amp there are two 3.5mm jacks, one is an output for headphones, the other is a line-input for the mic.

Unless you talking about hooking the headphone and mic to the xBox controller, which I know very little about.

post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 

With the Astro Mix-amp, you want to connect the S/PDIF (optical or coaxial) cable between the gaming console and the Mix-amp.

I'm guessing the mix-amp there are two 3.5mm jacks, one is an output for headphones, the other is a line-input for the mic.

Unless you talking about hooking the headphone and mic to the xBox controller, which I know very little about.

These isn't a mic input sadly. I'm asking tho, is there any other way to use XBOX Live Chat function WITHOUT using the 2.5mm jack? Otherwise, I might just use my headphones with the XBOX 360 headset.

post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootBang View Post
 

These isn't a mic input sadly. I'm asking tho, is there any other way to use XBOX Live Chat function WITHOUT using the 2.5mm jack? Otherwise, I might just use my headphones with the XBOX 360 headset.

I just do not know enough about Xbox myself to know.

Might try and find an xBox forum.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home