Someone - quite possibly Blas - did his at home by stripping the clear anodizing and applying black; and apparently lost just a tiny bit of the painted markings. So who's adventurous enough for DIY?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 5/12/14 at 2:23am in High-end Audio Forum
- Toys for Boys Last post on 9/8/14 at 4:16pm in High-end Audio Forum
- New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil Last post on 9/14/14 at 5:45am in High-end Audio Forum
- Influence of cold/analytic DAC/AMP on warm sounding cans Last post on 5/6/14 at 12:05am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I ditch my Creative X-Fi? Last post on 3/8/14 at 11:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up - Page 22
Wow. If I could figure out how to re-apply the logo, I would DIY it in a hot second.
Actually, we do.
Actually, the guy didn't reapply the logo or anything else, just stripped gently and carefully and preserved the paint.
What was Mike's reaction when you presented him with this idea for the company's name? By the way, he seems to have a great sense of humor. "Christmas Presents!" haha
I really liked your sentiments about metal and case work Jason. I work for a manufacturer whose product is made primarily around a very intricately machined and anodized aluminum part. It's more of a surprise when the vendor gets it right than when they get it wrong. Either something is out of spec, or the anodize isn't cosmetically acceptable....... but it's *always* something. I have so many spreadsheets of testing and tracking data from this I don't remember where they all are anymore.
It's a lot of fun to read the back story about a company whose products you use and enjoy regularly. Thanks for the peek behind the curtain.
Yep, and I just got my Asgard 2! Loving it and the story.
- Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
- › Looking for price/performance portable headphones! 7 seconds ago
- › New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works 14 seconds ago
- › Looking for high quality Headphones + DAC/amp with 400 EURO budget... 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › IC Dual Questyle CMA800R's. 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › [Review] Philips SHL3300 "DJ" Headphones - Most Underrated Headphone? 2 minutes ago
- › Lake People G109 / G103 thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › beyerdynamic DTX 350 p Portable Headphones by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)