Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAstell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Playertagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productDenon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphonestagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productMotorola MOTOACTV 8GB GPS Sports Watch and MP3 Player - Retail Packagingtagged by joe, 1/19/15
Related Forum Threads
- Toys for Boys Last post on 3/6/15 at 9:09am in High-end Audio Forum
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on 3/11/15 at 3:37pm in Music
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- DAP Questions [from head-fi vet but DAP newbie] Last post on 2/3/15 at 11:47am in Portable Source Gear
- Portable amp for Astell & Kern Ak120ii Last post on 2/8/15 at 11:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
A little background before I start. I'm 16 years old and I slowly began to become addicted to fine, audiophile-quality headphones. I remember the first time I heard beats at an apple store. I...
The Major 6 was one of the older models in chord&Major's lineup that has been revamped into the Major 6'13, inline with the Tonal Earphone series design principles. While it looks identical to the...
REMEMBER! No elitists aloud here. Headphones are objects with personality! The richest people can enjoy the cheapest headphone just because it provides the sound he's looking for, has the highs...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! - Page 481
Gear mentioned in this thread:
@Borat: Thanks for the heads up on the micro scratches, I never considered that.
@Estreeter: Very true I seem to keep changing my mind almost daily on which watch I like best! I will pick one at some point...honest.
I must've bought at least a dozen watches off Ebay and haven't had any problems whatsoever. The whole Watchuseek.com forum community is practically based on Ebay purchases. :D
EDIT: I just counted, I've bought 19 watches off Ebay from 14 different sellers.
Edited by Negakinu - 3/19/13 at 1:23am
Fake people wear fake watches. I'm sorry to put it like that but I see no reason to wear a replica. If there's a certain style you like, just buy a homage from a real brand.
My wrist today. Vintage Vostok Komandirskie from 1982 on a military bund strap from the Ukraine.
If I had the money, I would buy the genuine version of the watch, and not a replica. But, these days there are so many things I would rather spend my money on where a replica is not available, like a nice Leica camera or lens. Far from cheap, but it feels like my money is better spent. But, yes, I would not pass a replica off as a genuine watch.
If it makes you happy, then do whatever you want. That's what I say.
I only buy watches to make me happy, but personally if I were to look down and know that I was wearing a replica, that wouldn't make me happy.
But I have a buddy that has a couple Bell&Ross replicas from Asia and he has fooled several watch enthusiasts with it. It's that good. He likes them, but I could never wear those.
Homages to historic vintage watches are all good in my book though. For example, the MKII Kingston, which is a nod to the 1960s big crown Bond Sub Ref 6538. The original is nearly impossible to buy because of its rarity and fetches $60-$90k at auctions.
These days there are so many nice watches to choose from at affordable price points so I don't see the need to wear a replica.
Edited by Borat - 3/21/13 at 6:13pm
- Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Looking for hard rock songs like *this* one! 41 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 49 seconds ago
- › Best 2.0/2.1 Speakers for $350 1 minute ago
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 1 minute ago
- › RockJaw Alfa Genus - Reviews, Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015) 4 minutes ago
- › FS: AKG K545 5 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by De1taE1even
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by iitime
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2