Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAstell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Playertagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productDenon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphonestagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productMotorola MOTOACTV 8GB GPS Sports Watch and MP3 Player - Retail Packagingtagged by joe, 1/19/15
Related Forum Threads
- Toys for Boys Last post on 7/19/15 at 12:55pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on 5/26/15 at 11:11pm in Music
- Please, your advice on DAC for Denon AH MM400 Last post on 7/20/15 at 1:39am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- DAP Questions [from head-fi vet but DAP newbie] Last post on 2/3/15 at 11:47am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! - Page 481post #7201 of 106343/15/13 at 3:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7202 of 106343/15/13 at 3:23pmpost #7203 of 106343/15/13 at 3:28pmpost #7204 of 106343/15/13 at 7:07pm
@Borat: Thanks for the heads up on the micro scratches, I never considered that.
@Estreeter: Very true I seem to keep changing my mind almost daily on which watch I like best! I will pick one at some point...honest.post #7205 of 106343/18/13 at 2:51pmpost #7206 of 106343/18/13 at 7:17pmpost #7207 of 106343/19/13 at 1:22amQuote:
I must've bought at least a dozen watches off Ebay and haven't had any problems whatsoever. The whole Watchuseek.com forum community is practically based on Ebay purchases. :D
EDIT: I just counted, I've bought 19 watches off Ebay from 14 different sellers.
Edited by Negakinu - 3/19/13 at 1:23ampost #7208 of 106343/19/13 at 4:53pmpost #7209 of 106343/20/13 at 1:36ampost #7210 of 106343/20/13 at 10:32pmpost #7211 of 106343/21/13 at 12:10amI have both gen and rep. I don't try to pass them off as real. I wear them daily; learned the hard way how many $k one can waste by scratching expensive Swiss ones. I also grab what few lower priced watches I like: some Incicta, O&W, Redline, Nixon. Have about 30. Put nice used, bespoke, or small-maker straps on, and its lots of fun.post #7212 of 106343/21/13 at 3:34am
Fake people wear fake watches. I'm sorry to put it like that but I see no reason to wear a replica. If there's a certain style you like, just buy a homage from a real brand.
My wrist today. Vintage Vostok Komandirskie from 1982 on a military bund strap from the Ukraine.post #7213 of 106343/21/13 at 9:36amIf I had the money, I would buy the genuine version of the watch, and not a replica. But, these days there are so many things I would rather spend my money on where a replica is not available, like a nice Leica camera or lens. Far from cheap, but it feels like my money is better spent. But, yes, I would not pass a replica off as a genuine watch.post #7214 of 106343/21/13 at 6:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Audioscope
If I had the money, I would buy the genuine version of the watch, and not a replica. But, these days there are so many things I would rather spend my money on where a replica is not available, like a nice Leica camera or lens. Far from cheap, but it feels like my money is better spent. But, yes, I would not pass a replica off as a genuine watch.
If it makes you happy, then do whatever you want. That's what I say.
I only buy watches to make me happy, but personally if I were to look down and know that I was wearing a replica, that wouldn't make me happy.
But I have a buddy that has a couple Bell&Ross replicas from Asia and he has fooled several watch enthusiasts with it. It's that good. He likes them, but I could never wear those.
Homages to historic vintage watches are all good in my book though. For example, the MKII Kingston, which is a nod to the 1960s big crown Bond Sub Ref 6538. The original is nearly impossible to buy because of its rarity and fetches $60-$90k at auctions.
These days there are so many nice watches to choose from at affordable price points so I don't see the need to wear a replica.
Edited by Borat - 3/21/13 at 6:13pm
- Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 56 seconds ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 1 minute ago
- › Critique my setup. What would you upgrade next? 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi Meet Downtown Montreal 2015 AUGUST 30TH DATE CONFIRMED 1 minute ago
- › Mystery of missing people 2 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for new headphones (considering ATH-M50X, DT-770PRO 250,... 2 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13,... 3 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2