Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAstell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Playertagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productDenon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphonestagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productMotorola MOTOACTV 8GB GPS Sports Watch and MP3 Player - Retail Packagingtagged by joe, 1/19/15
Related Forum Threads
- Toys for Boys Last post on 3/6/15 at 9:09am in High-end Audio Forum
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on 3/11/15 at 3:37pm in Music
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- DAP Questions [from head-fi vet but DAP newbie] Last post on 2/3/15 at 11:47am in Portable Source Gear
- Portable amp for Astell & Kern Ak120ii Last post on 2/8/15 at 11:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a few years, wireless...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! - Page 481
Gear mentioned in this thread:
@Borat: Thanks for the heads up on the micro scratches, I never considered that.
@Estreeter: Very true I seem to keep changing my mind almost daily on which watch I like best! I will pick one at some point...honest.
I must've bought at least a dozen watches off Ebay and haven't had any problems whatsoever. The whole Watchuseek.com forum community is practically based on Ebay purchases. :D
EDIT: I just counted, I've bought 19 watches off Ebay from 14 different sellers.
Edited by Negakinu - 3/19/13 at 1:23am
Fake people wear fake watches. I'm sorry to put it like that but I see no reason to wear a replica. If there's a certain style you like, just buy a homage from a real brand.
My wrist today. Vintage Vostok Komandirskie from 1982 on a military bund strap from the Ukraine.
If I had the money, I would buy the genuine version of the watch, and not a replica. But, these days there are so many things I would rather spend my money on where a replica is not available, like a nice Leica camera or lens. Far from cheap, but it feels like my money is better spent. But, yes, I would not pass a replica off as a genuine watch.
If it makes you happy, then do whatever you want. That's what I say.
I only buy watches to make me happy, but personally if I were to look down and know that I was wearing a replica, that wouldn't make me happy.
But I have a buddy that has a couple Bell&Ross replicas from Asia and he has fooled several watch enthusiasts with it. It's that good. He likes them, but I could never wear those.
Homages to historic vintage watches are all good in my book though. For example, the MKII Kingston, which is a nod to the 1960s big crown Bond Sub Ref 6538. The original is nearly impossible to buy because of its rarity and fetches $60-$90k at auctions.
These days there are so many nice watches to choose from at affordable price points so I don't see the need to wear a replica.
Edited by Borat - 3/21/13 at 6:13pm
- Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › USB Audio noise on iMac 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › AKG k550 alternate ear pads? 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 3 minutes ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › DAP: How to manage & search SD cards? 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2