Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAstell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Playertagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productDenon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphonestagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productMotorola MOTOACTV 8GB GPS Sports Watch and MP3 Player - Retail Packagingtagged by joe, 1/19/15
Related Forum Threads
- Toys for Boys Last post on 3/6/15 at 9:09am in High-end Audio Forum
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on 3/11/15 at 3:37pm in Music
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- DAP Questions [from head-fi vet but DAP newbie] Last post on 2/3/15 at 11:47am in Portable Source Gear
- Portable amp for Astell & Kern Ak120ii Last post on 2/8/15 at 11:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Bought one of these to keep me going while I save for a replacement dac for my bedside rig. My previous Dac's have all been in the lower to mid end so this review is based on that level- Arcam,...
Details: Single balanced armature flagship universal IEMs from Final Audio Design Price: Heaven VII EU 550; Heaven VIII EU 600 Specs: Driver: Single BA | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 106 dB | Freq: not...
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! - Page 481
Gear mentioned in this thread:
@Borat: Thanks for the heads up on the micro scratches, I never considered that.
@Estreeter: Very true I seem to keep changing my mind almost daily on which watch I like best! I will pick one at some point...honest.
I must've bought at least a dozen watches off Ebay and haven't had any problems whatsoever. The whole Watchuseek.com forum community is practically based on Ebay purchases. :D
EDIT: I just counted, I've bought 19 watches off Ebay from 14 different sellers.
Edited by Negakinu - 3/19/13 at 1:23am
Fake people wear fake watches. I'm sorry to put it like that but I see no reason to wear a replica. If there's a certain style you like, just buy a homage from a real brand.
My wrist today. Vintage Vostok Komandirskie from 1982 on a military bund strap from the Ukraine.
If I had the money, I would buy the genuine version of the watch, and not a replica. But, these days there are so many things I would rather spend my money on where a replica is not available, like a nice Leica camera or lens. Far from cheap, but it feels like my money is better spent. But, yes, I would not pass a replica off as a genuine watch.
If it makes you happy, then do whatever you want. That's what I say.
I only buy watches to make me happy, but personally if I were to look down and know that I was wearing a replica, that wouldn't make me happy.
But I have a buddy that has a couple Bell&Ross replicas from Asia and he has fooled several watch enthusiasts with it. It's that good. He likes them, but I could never wear those.
Homages to historic vintage watches are all good in my book though. For example, the MKII Kingston, which is a nod to the 1960s big crown Bond Sub Ref 6538. The original is nearly impossible to buy because of its rarity and fetches $60-$90k at auctions.
These days there are so many nice watches to choose from at affordable price points so I don't see the need to wear a replica.
Edited by Borat - 3/21/13 at 6:13pm
- Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 7 minutes ago
- › IC: 2015 Melbourne Meet 9 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 10 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 11 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD668B are they really that good or just a cheap copycat??? 12 minutes ago
- › Diagram or exploded view for AKG K340 elastic and headband... 12 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 13 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 13 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2