Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAstell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Playertagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productDenon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphonestagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productMotorola MOTOACTV 8GB GPS Sports Watch and MP3 Player - Retail Packagingtagged by joe, 1/19/15
Related Forum Threads
- Toys for Boys Last post on 7/19/15 at 12:55pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on 5/26/15 at 11:11pm in Music
- Please, your advice on DAC for Denon AH MM400 Last post on 7/20/15 at 1:39am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- DAP Questions [from head-fi vet but DAP newbie] Last post on 2/3/15 at 11:47am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! - Page 481post #7201 of 107433/15/13 at 3:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7202 of 107433/15/13 at 3:23pmpost #7203 of 107433/15/13 at 3:28pmpost #7204 of 107433/15/13 at 7:07pm
@Borat: Thanks for the heads up on the micro scratches, I never considered that.
@Estreeter: Very true I seem to keep changing my mind almost daily on which watch I like best! I will pick one at some point...honest.post #7205 of 107433/18/13 at 2:51pmpost #7206 of 107433/18/13 at 7:17pmpost #7207 of 107433/19/13 at 1:22amQuote:
I must've bought at least a dozen watches off Ebay and haven't had any problems whatsoever. The whole Watchuseek.com forum community is practically based on Ebay purchases. :D
EDIT: I just counted, I've bought 19 watches off Ebay from 14 different sellers.
Edited by Negakinu - 3/19/13 at 1:23ampost #7208 of 107433/19/13 at 4:53pmpost #7209 of 107433/20/13 at 1:36ampost #7210 of 107433/20/13 at 10:32pmpost #7211 of 107433/21/13 at 12:10amI have both gen and rep. I don't try to pass them off as real. I wear them daily; learned the hard way how many $k one can waste by scratching expensive Swiss ones. I also grab what few lower priced watches I like: some Incicta, O&W, Redline, Nixon. Have about 30. Put nice used, bespoke, or small-maker straps on, and its lots of fun.post #7212 of 107433/21/13 at 3:34am
Fake people wear fake watches. I'm sorry to put it like that but I see no reason to wear a replica. If there's a certain style you like, just buy a homage from a real brand.
My wrist today. Vintage Vostok Komandirskie from 1982 on a military bund strap from the Ukraine.post #7213 of 107433/21/13 at 9:36amIf I had the money, I would buy the genuine version of the watch, and not a replica. But, these days there are so many things I would rather spend my money on where a replica is not available, like a nice Leica camera or lens. Far from cheap, but it feels like my money is better spent. But, yes, I would not pass a replica off as a genuine watch.post #7214 of 107433/21/13 at 6:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Audioscope
If I had the money, I would buy the genuine version of the watch, and not a replica. But, these days there are so many things I would rather spend my money on where a replica is not available, like a nice Leica camera or lens. Far from cheap, but it feels like my money is better spent. But, yes, I would not pass a replica off as a genuine watch.
If it makes you happy, then do whatever you want. That's what I say.
I only buy watches to make me happy, but personally if I were to look down and know that I was wearing a replica, that wouldn't make me happy.
But I have a buddy that has a couple Bell&Ross replicas from Asia and he has fooled several watch enthusiasts with it. It's that good. He likes them, but I could never wear those.
Homages to historic vintage watches are all good in my book though. For example, the MKII Kingston, which is a nod to the 1960s big crown Bond Sub Ref 6538. The original is nearly impossible to buy because of its rarity and fetches $60-$90k at auctions.
These days there are so many nice watches to choose from at affordable price points so I don't see the need to wear a replica.
Edited by Borat - 3/21/13 at 6:13pm
- Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 39 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 preview world tour--Yes! It's here! Apply Now! 1 minute ago
- › Stax SR-007A or MrSpeakers Ether? 1 minute ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 6 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13,... 7 minutes ago
- › Twister6 Audio REVIEW index - the past, the present, and the future 7 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 7 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Woo Audio WA22 by tassardar
- › CustomArt Ei.XX 6-driver CIEM - MassDrop edition by twister6
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by LaRevolu
- › Nuforce NE800M by Dsnuts
- › Chord&Major 5'14 "World" by BloodyPenguin
- › Woo Audio WA 6 SE by PETEREK
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2