Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAstell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Playertagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productDenon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphonestagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productMotorola MOTOACTV 8GB GPS Sports Watch and MP3 Player - Retail Packagingtagged by joe, 1/19/15
Related Forum Threads
- Toys for Boys Last post on 2/28/15 at 10:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on 2/25/15 at 9:02am in Music
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- DAP Questions [from head-fi vet but DAP newbie] Last post on 2/3/15 at 11:47am in Portable Source Gear
- Portable amp for Astell & Kern Ak120ii Last post on 2/8/15 at 11:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! - Page 481
Gear mentioned in this thread:
@Borat: Thanks for the heads up on the micro scratches, I never considered that.
@Estreeter: Very true I seem to keep changing my mind almost daily on which watch I like best! I will pick one at some point...honest.
I must've bought at least a dozen watches off Ebay and haven't had any problems whatsoever. The whole Watchuseek.com forum community is practically based on Ebay purchases. :D
EDIT: I just counted, I've bought 19 watches off Ebay from 14 different sellers.
Edited by Negakinu - 3/19/13 at 1:23am
Fake people wear fake watches. I'm sorry to put it like that but I see no reason to wear a replica. If there's a certain style you like, just buy a homage from a real brand.
My wrist today. Vintage Vostok Komandirskie from 1982 on a military bund strap from the Ukraine.
If I had the money, I would buy the genuine version of the watch, and not a replica. But, these days there are so many things I would rather spend my money on where a replica is not available, like a nice Leica camera or lens. Far from cheap, but it feels like my money is better spent. But, yes, I would not pass a replica off as a genuine watch.
If it makes you happy, then do whatever you want. That's what I say.
I only buy watches to make me happy, but personally if I were to look down and know that I was wearing a replica, that wouldn't make me happy.
But I have a buddy that has a couple Bell&Ross replicas from Asia and he has fooled several watch enthusiasts with it. It's that good. He likes them, but I could never wear those.
Homages to historic vintage watches are all good in my book though. For example, the MKII Kingston, which is a nod to the 1960s big crown Bond Sub Ref 6538. The original is nearly impossible to buy because of its rarity and fetches $60-$90k at auctions.
These days there are so many nice watches to choose from at affordable price points so I don't see the need to wear a replica.
Edited by Borat - 3/21/13 at 6:13pm
- Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › hd25-1 appreciation thread 46 seconds ago
- › HiFiMAN @ StereoExchange Headphone Event Thursday March 19 in New... 50 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet Vol. 3 -- Nashville, TN -- Spring 2015 (April 18,... 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 333 IEMs compared (UBSOUND Fighter added... 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro VS Chord HUGO 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › The ATH-AD700 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2