Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAstell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Playertagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productDenon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphonestagged by musikaladin, 2/28/15
- productMotorola MOTOACTV 8GB GPS Sports Watch and MP3 Player - Retail Packagingtagged by joe, 1/19/15
Related Forum Threads
- Toys for Boys Last post on 3/6/15 at 9:09am in High-end Audio Forum
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on 3/11/15 at 3:37pm in Music
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- DAP Questions [from head-fi vet but DAP newbie] Last post on 2/3/15 at 11:47am in Portable Source Gear
- Portable amp for Astell & Kern Ak120ii Last post on 2/8/15 at 11:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one word comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
I have owned these headphones for about a week. The sounds quality is great but I'm not sure if I can wear these longer than 1 hour. My ears get way too warm. Would love a bit more airflow.
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! - Page 481
Gear mentioned in this thread:
@Borat: Thanks for the heads up on the micro scratches, I never considered that.
@Estreeter: Very true I seem to keep changing my mind almost daily on which watch I like best! I will pick one at some point...honest.
I must've bought at least a dozen watches off Ebay and haven't had any problems whatsoever. The whole Watchuseek.com forum community is practically based on Ebay purchases. :D
EDIT: I just counted, I've bought 19 watches off Ebay from 14 different sellers.
Edited by Negakinu - 3/19/13 at 1:23am
Fake people wear fake watches. I'm sorry to put it like that but I see no reason to wear a replica. If there's a certain style you like, just buy a homage from a real brand.
My wrist today. Vintage Vostok Komandirskie from 1982 on a military bund strap from the Ukraine.
If I had the money, I would buy the genuine version of the watch, and not a replica. But, these days there are so many things I would rather spend my money on where a replica is not available, like a nice Leica camera or lens. Far from cheap, but it feels like my money is better spent. But, yes, I would not pass a replica off as a genuine watch.
If it makes you happy, then do whatever you want. That's what I say.
I only buy watches to make me happy, but personally if I were to look down and know that I was wearing a replica, that wouldn't make me happy.
But I have a buddy that has a couple Bell&Ross replicas from Asia and he has fooled several watch enthusiasts with it. It's that good. He likes them, but I could never wear those.
Homages to historic vintage watches are all good in my book though. For example, the MKII Kingston, which is a nod to the 1960s big crown Bond Sub Ref 6538. The original is nearly impossible to buy because of its rarity and fetches $60-$90k at auctions.
These days there are so many nice watches to choose from at affordable price points so I don't see the need to wear a replica.
Edited by Borat - 3/21/13 at 6:13pm
- Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 44 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Abyss Amp Battle Royal! 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 6 minutes ago
- › Best closed headphone + AMP for $1000? Help! 7 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 8 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 8 minutes ago
- › Corny Jokes - the more the merrier 8 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 9 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 10 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › SKULLCANDY SLYR Circumaural Headset by ChromiumCola
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2