or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable - Page 22

post #316 of 954

All, quick question how do these cans sound amplified? Im torn between getting a pair of M50Xs plus a FiiO E18 or getting a pair of the V-MODA m 100's. From what it sounds like the V-Moda's are a little uneven in certain frequency bands and that the M50x's are more even and have better bass definition.  

post #317 of 954

I wish we could purchase replacement cables online. :( 

post #318 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by C00kies0fD00m View Post
 

All, quick question how do these cans sound amplified? Im torn between getting a pair of M50Xs plus a FiiO E18 or getting a pair of the V-MODA m 100's. From what it sounds like the V-Moda's are a little uneven in certain frequency bands and that the M50x's are more even and have better bass definition.  

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudioTechnicaATHM50x.pdf

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/VModaM100.pdf

 

in terms of sound someone else should chime in but according to the graph it looks pretty 50/50

 

theres a lot of people that asked the same thing as you, you'd just have to search around the m100 threads (under ath m50)

 

i loved the m100s, their not reference sound but ooh so fun to listen to without the mids left out in the dark =)

 

heres my review on them if your interested

post #319 of 954
The M100 has too much bass for me
post #320 of 954

Does anyone know where I can get ATH-M50 earpads online (In the UK)? My original M50 earpads are kind of knackered as I 've had them for 17 months now. I'd like new earpads but apparently the M50x are softer. 

post #321 of 954

Benaan and C00kies0fD00m, 

 

Looking forward to hearing whether the mic/remote cables you've ordered work with the MX50.

 

Thanks!

post #322 of 954
Remote and Microphone for audio technica. smily_headphones1.gif

http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=552
post #323 of 954
I found a remote and microphone for AT headphones its called Audio Technica: AT338is

Ive posted the link hope moderators would approve it. smily_headphones1.gif
post #324 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benaan View Post
 

 

This link also claims that their hd598 cable fits the M50x.

 

I've ordered this cable from Ebay. Hopefully it'll fit, I'll report back when I receive it. Might take a while to make it here though.

I've received the cable today and can confirm that it fits the M50x perfectly. The cable is thinner than the stock cable, but I can’t hear a difference in sound quality. All three buttons work on my Android phone, which is great since usually only the center button works on Android devices. I can’t test iDevices since I don’t own one. The mic sounds good too.

 

Here are some pics: http://imgur.com/a/CYmVm

post #325 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benaan View Post

I've received the cable today and can confirm that it fits the M50x perfectly. The cable is thinner than the stock cable, but I can’t hear a difference in sound quality. All three buttons work on my Android phone, which is great since usually only the center button works on Android devices. I can’t test iDevices since I don’t own one. The mic sounds good too.

Here are some pics: http://imgur.com/a/CYmVm

Ive found one for the iphone as well in ebay, will the twist to lock work?

Thanks
post #326 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferent View Post


Ive found one for the iphone as well in ebay, will the twist to lock work?

Thanks

Yes, twist to lock still works with this cable.

post #327 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benaan View Post
 

I've received the cable today and can confirm that it fits the M50x perfectly. The cable is thinner than the stock cable, but I can’t hear a difference in sound quality. All three buttons work on my Android phone, which is great since usually only the center button works on Android devices. I can’t test iDevices since I don’t own one. The mic sounds good too.

 

Here are some pics: http://imgur.com/a/CYmVm

That's awesome, thank you so much for posting this. Which android are you using? I want to get the microphone cable to use with my Nexus 5.

post #328 of 954
Just got my blue ATh-M50X today by courier , will post pictures whenever i can. biggrin.gif
post #329 of 954

post #330 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benaan View Post
 

I've received the cable today and can confirm that it fits the M50x perfectly. The cable is thinner than the stock cable, but I can’t hear a difference in sound quality. All three buttons work on my Android phone, which is great since usually only the center button works on Android devices. I can’t test iDevices since I don’t own one. The mic sounds good too.

 

Here are some pics: http://imgur.com/a/CYmVm

 

Awesome. Thanks for doing the research, definitely picking one up.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable