Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . . . . . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . .... - Page 166

post #2476 of 8239
I use one of these stuck to the back of my DX50 and 8 64GB cards and swap as needed

post #2477 of 8239
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgajet View Post


Buy 64gb cards for 1/3 the price and switch. We will have to wait and see how well that works. I have a 64 which should be enough for now bit as my hi res library grows I may have to upgrads or switch cards.

the 64Gb's seem to be the same price as this 128, and im not even gonna bother with the Chinese brands.. the cheapest on amazon are 20 euros, this  and because of my big library im looking for higher capacity, but fake stuff is everywhere.. do you have a reliable seller for those 1/3 price 64's?   

post #2478 of 8239
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post

I use one of these stuck to the back of my DX50 and 8 64GB cards and swap as needed

thats actually a better idea than what i had, very nice! but the problem remains the same, it will be impossible to stay on budget with those 64gb micro sd's im afraid..

post #2479 of 8239
Save yourself some trouble and just buy from Newegg.com

I've never gotten anything fake from there, and the prices are very good
post #2480 of 8239

oh and i found that http://www.amazon.de/DiMeCard-SD-SD-microSD-Speicherkartenhalter-Kreditkartenformat/dp/B008TT7CXW/ref=pd_sim_computers_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=05N7ED9337P2Q22CM4XQ

 

oh just realized thats only an holder,,,, what needed here is an adaptor.. i thoguht this was an adaptor for multiple cards at once :D shame


Edited by jenia1 - 4/10/14 at 9:43am
post #2481 of 8239
It's now been 3 days and still no shipping confirmation, I've sent 3 emails between yesterday and today and have not received a sing response.

I'm not being impatient or rude, I just want to know the estimated shipping/tracking #
post #2482 of 8239

If it makes you feel better I've been trying to contact Astell and Kern for weeks now.  AND I ALREADY OWN THE THING :P

post #2483 of 8239
Quote:
Originally Posted by IaHawkeye View Post

It's now been 3 days and still no shipping confirmation, I've sent 3 emails between yesterday and today and have not received a sing response.

I'm not being impatient or rude, I just want to know the estimated shipping/tracking #

 

Yeah, something is really going on up there. I sent them a couple mails today and yesterday and have not gotten any response.

 

It was stupid of me to make a mistake of giving them the wrong unit number for the delivery address. I am trying to get them to confirm that they are shipping mine to the correct address. Anyone has iBasso's contact number I could call?

post #2484 of 8239
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenia1 View Post

thats actually a better idea than what i had, very nice! but the problem remains the same, it will be impossible to stay on budget with those 64gb micro sd's im afraid..

Yes it is an expense. I have been accumulating them over some time buying one when an offer has been on and the funds available. And the good thing is that they can be used with many players so should potentially last longer than any given player (allthough I feel and hope the DX90 will last and satisfy me for a long time)
post #2485 of 8239
Glad we have the forum here so that everyone shares the fact of no delivery info. I'm new to the iBasso world (didn't stop me pressing the button within 10 minutes of announcement!) but does no one from the company communicate here or elsewhere with the public similar to James and Joe of Fiio?
post #2486 of 8239

The erji site has now updated the sound impression.

 

Here's the original link: http://bbs.erji.net/read.php?tid=1636596&fpage=0&toread=&page=12

 

For those who cannot read Chinese, here's a bit of the summary.

 

General impression: (Dx50 VS DX90)

DX90 has more resolution and transparency, not only that the highs and mids are more vivid, it also has better control and dynamics at the lower range. DX90 also has wider sound stage and better instrument placement. 

X5 vs X3
The fiio upgrade took a different approach. X5 has made the sound more delicate and sweet rather than making emphasis on upgrading the resolution, which made the player more musical.

 

Highs:

DX90 is apparently more extended and has more details than the DX50. In comparison with the X3, DX90 has about the same level of extension and power, but has more clarity. X5 sounds a bit tinted that made it sound more sweet, but has less detail than DX90. It should be said that DX90 and X5 each took a different approach to manage the highs. Both products have upgraded from their predecessors, but the upgrade from DX50 to DX90 is more apparent. Comparing with the DX100, it is apparent that DX100 has more details. DX90 sounds more soft than the DX100, but is more tolerant on headphones.

 

Mids: 

DX90 sounds more real than the DX50 but X5 is even better. The X5 is more musical while having the clarity and details. DX100 is the best in the comparison due to its super resolution which makes the vocals really real and natural.

 

Lows:

The DX90 has more control and dynamics than the DX50. The X5 in comparison with the X3 is more deep and has better control. Comparing the X5 and DX90, the X5 is a bit faster, but DX90 has better atmosphere. The difference isn't really large although it's there. DX100 lows has a lot of power and fast, very deep and good control. In general, the DX100 is better than all the others.

Soundstage and Instrument Separation:
DX90 has better instrument separation and placement than X5/X3/DX50, but is a bit inferior to the DX100 . In general, the DX90 has the widest soundstage.


Battery Life:

DX90 lasted approximately 8 hours and 10 minutes. (Used IE8, normal volume, playing WAV files in shuffle mode)
 

Conclusion: 

DX90 is a neutral, and very high-end in various regards. Comparing with the DX50, the DX90 has upgraded in every respect (But is still a bit inferior to DX100).

Fiio X5 has a very special sound signature. It has a very good balance on being musical and having high amount of details. The upgrade from X3 is apparently noticeable. In terms of build quality and the looks, the X5 seems inferior to the DX90. (Main problem of the X5 is that the scroll wheel is a bit loose and seem too sensitive.) 

post #2487 of 8239

Thanks for the translation!

post #2488 of 8239
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeCoke View Post

The erji site has now updated the sound impression.

Here's the original link: http://bbs.erji.net/read.php?tid=1636596&fpage=0&toread=&page=12

For those who cannot read Chinese, here's a bit of the summary.

General impression: (Dx50 VS DX90)
DX90 has more resolution and transparency, not only that the highs and mids are more vivid, it also has better control and dynamics at the lower range. DX90 also has wider sound stage and better instrument placement. 


X5 vs X3

The fiio upgrade took a different approach. X5 has made the sound more delicate and sweet rather than making emphasis on upgrading the resolution, which made the player more musical.

Highs:
DX90 is apparently more extended and has more details than the DX50. In comparison with the X3, DX90 has about the same level of extension and power, but has more clarity. X5 sounds a bit tinted that made it sound more sweet, but has less detail than DX90. It should be said that DX90 and X5 each took a different approach to manage the highs. Both products have upgraded from their predecessors, but the upgrade from DX50 to DX90 is more apparent. Comparing with the DX100, it is apparent that DX100 has more details. DX90 sounds more soft than the DX100, but is more tolerant on headphones.

Mids: 
DX90 sounds more real than the DX50 but X5 is even better. The X5 is more musical while having the clarity and details. DX100 is the best in the comparison due to its super resolution which makes the vocals really real and natural.

Lows:
The DX90 has more control and dynamics than the DX50. The X5 in comparison with the X3 is more deep and has better control. Comparing the X5 and DX90, the X5 is a bit faster, but DX90 has better atmosphere. The difference isn't really large although it's there. DX100 lows has a lot of power and fast, very deep and good control. In general, the DX100 is better than all the others.


Soundstage and Instrument Separation:

DX90 has better instrument separation and placement than X5/X3/DX50, but is a bit inferior to the DX100 . In general, the DX90 has the widest soundstage.


Battery Life:
DX90 lasted approximately 8 hours and 10 minutes. (Used IE8, normal volume, playing WAV files in shuffle mode)

 
Conclusion: 
DX90 is a neutral, and very high-end in various regards. Comparing with the DX50, the DX90 has upgraded in every respect (But is still a bit inferior to DX100).
Fiio X5 has a very special sound signature. It has a very good balance on being musical and having high amount of details. The upgrade from X3 is apparently noticeable. In terms of build quality and the looks, the X5 seems inferior to the DX90. (Main problem of the X5 is that the scroll wheel is a bit loose and seem too sensitive.) 

Thank you LimeCoke, that is very helpful!!!
post #2489 of 8239

AW: iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st page. . on sale now. . .

What you really want guys - bang for buck wise and considering the USB Otg capabilities - is this little gem ;-)
http://www.mix-computer.de/html/product/detail.html?artNo=IMILU6&
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenia1 View Post

considering the x3 price, i definatly dont :D

 

i was thinking to get SD cards which are wayyyy cheaper, and use a sd to micro sd adapter.

but finding Legit  128gb cards are almost impossible as i can see unless one is going for the most expensive brands, which kinda makes my idea useless, but im sure it can be done that why ive asked about that specific card >D


Note 3 tapatalking....
post #2490 of 8239
Thread Starter 

This is why it is good to get your own opinion from listening. I agree with a little of the review above and have all the daps, but much I find very off. Also, and this is very important, the DX90 requires no less than a few hundred hours burn in. I don't care if you believe in burn in or not, I have heard the changes and have compared to other daps as it goes along and the burn in is real and significant, to my ears. 


Edited by jamato8 - 4/10/14 at 11:36am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . . . . . . .