Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full... - Page 11

post #151 of 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplosive View Post
 

Ok Guys, I just want to address some issues that i am having with my pandora hope Vi

 

One of the earpad is start to teared of.. Luckily I got them from Jaben so it is easy solution to get another pad replacement,

 

 

The left ear piece start to sliding down by itself .. So this is a precaution for other user not to use them while lying down or even fell a sleep with those on ,

 

 

It caused the gap on the plastic cap. 

 

 

For the record I really love this headphone.. This is my main portable  setup now.  I just don't want other owner getting problem like this.. And I hope fad can fix this kind of issue in their future product,,

 

 

That happens with both of the ear cups on my pair. Solution? Roll up some rubber bands tight on the slider bars under the bottom edge of the cups! Not pretty, but sets them where you need them to stay! Earlier post a few pages back has a pic....

 

Edit- here.


Edited by cn11 - 3/6/14 at 5:29am
post #152 of 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post
 

 

 

That happens with both of the ear cups on my pair. Solution? Roll up some rubber bands tight on the slider bars under the bottom edge of the cups! Not pretty, but sets them where you need them to stay! Earlier post a few pages back has a pic....

 

Edit- here.

 

Yep I saw that. In fact that is a good idea. I am still trying other solution though..

post #153 of 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotshner View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplosive View Post
 

 

 

The left ear piece start to sliding down by itself .. So this is a precaution for other user not to use them while lying down or even fell a sleep with those on ,

 

Man I cant believe you fell asleep with these things on!!! I just sit and listen at my desk and don't walk about with them on. That's disappointing about the build quality....poor! I can see the sliders doing this after a short while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post

No it doesn't disappoint. That cymbal is the only problem I hear but its not a really brigh headphone. So since it sounds less bright than the yamaha on first listen but then I heard that tssss makes me want to figure it out more

That's weird, I haven't noticed this at all. I'm gonna have listen for it tonight......I haven't heard anything offensive like that.

I have been getting headaches from listening too loud and maybe the fit. It has so much headroom it's easy to loose how loud it is. I've never had to mess with the volume so much between tracks.....wish they were a bit harder to drive!.


It's very hard to imagine these having poor build. I wouldn't try sleeping with any 500+ headphone. Plus the issue seems fixable. IMO these are worth the $$.

The cymbal was loud to me on one song that made it pop out really loud but the other songs I had no issue with. It also wasn't painful had it been another hp it would have hurt.
These hp's aren't painful at all I can turn it up without squinting. It's pretty cool that I can do that even though these sound forward. It's prob revealing the mix o that song that other hp's have hidden as these are very detailed and clear. I'll try and figure it out today with some better material
post #154 of 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post

It's very hard to imagine these having poor build. I wouldn't try sleeping with any 500+ headphone. Plus the issue seems fixable. IMO these are worth the $$l
Yeah that's not quite the right term. I mean poor design I guess. It's an easy fix but now u have an expensive headphone with an elastic band on it. You wld think when testing them somebody might have picked up on this. That guy at vmoda has the right idea with his testing!
Not noticed any give in my sliders yet tho....still doin the job very well : ) and they sound pure sweeeet.....heyho.
post #155 of 769
True I will have to find some stylish band to put on it somehow if I run into that. I have a problem with not being able to keep a hp no matter how good it is so I will see if I do keep it. One thing I can say is that unlike others it doesn't sound overpriced. I am very curious how the th600 sounds next to this but I shy away from bright hp's
Edited by grizzlybeast - 3/6/14 at 10:37am
post #156 of 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post

True I will have to find some stylish band to put on it somehow if I run into that. I have a problem with not being able to keep a hp no matter how good it is so I will see if I do keep it. One thing I can say is that unlike others it doesn't sound overpriced. I am very curious how the th600 sounds next to this but I shy away from bright hp's

Hah, I can appreciate that. I came on here for 1 pair of decent headphones but there are loads I keep wondering how they sound! Started looking at the for sale pages a lot...... .

post #157 of 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotshner View Post
 

Hah, I can appreciate that. I came on here for 1 pair of decent headphones but there are loads I keep wondering how they sound! Started looking at the for sale pages a lot...... .

We are all in the same boat :biggrin:

post #158 of 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post

True I will have to find some stylish band to put on it somehow if I run into that. I have a problem with not being able to keep a hp no matter how good it is so I will see if I do keep it. One thing I can say is that unlike others it doesn't sound overpriced. I am very curious how the th600 sounds next to this but I shy away from bright hp's


Any way to slide a piece of shim stock up along where the adjuster rod comes through the ear cup to increase the friction?

post #159 of 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 


Any way to slide a piece of shim stock up along where the adjuster rod comes through the ear cup to increase the friction?

it doesn't look like it. but it goes up easy and pulls down hard so I think it would take a while before I have any issues with it slipping.

post #160 of 769

Actually a single layer of masking tape or any tape should do the job, It does stop the sliding problem.. But do this only when the slider start to slide by itself.. Easy fix and I am happy now :D

post #161 of 769

deleted I post impressions to early. 


Edited by grizzlybeast - 3/6/14 at 6:29pm
post #162 of 769
Anyone in the UK/EU looking to sell your pair please send me a PM asap.
post #163 of 769

The french Amazone (www.amazon.fr)  still offers it if You are interested. Unfortunately they charge the full price (799 Euro)  though  ...

post #164 of 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beocord View Post

These are now £285.67 at amazon.co.uk. Wish I had the money... Best deals are available always when I'm broke!  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Final-Audio-Design-Pandora-Headphones/dp/B00HSHEU7M/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1392972127&sr=1-4&keywords=headphones

I am so, so vexed i missed this, i've wanted these from day 1 and had the money ready, i can't justify paying well over double what i could have paid for them now, so i'll unfortunately have to move on and live through you guys. Truly gutted though.
post #165 of 769

Man - I do understand You ! 

I was able to get a terrific deal on the PHVI - therefore I am pretty relaxed about the earpad issues. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)