Announcing the 2014 SoCal Head-Fi meet on March 22, 2014 at the Westin South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, CA!
Saturday, March 22, 2014
9am to 5pm
Westin South Coast Plaza
686 Anton Boulevard
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Please reply to this thread if you plan on attending. Include a list of equipment that you plan on bringing. The next post in this thread includes the current attendee/vendor/gear list. If you are planning to come and your name is not on the list, please let me know via PM or post in the thread.
Please visit http://tinyurl.com/LASoCal2014 to complete the online registration form. Presale Registration is only complete once payment has been processed via Paypal.
$15 General Presale (available until Friday, March 14)
$20 Cash at Door
March 3 Update: $15 Presale Meet passes will be available until March 14 only. In order to be on the $15 Presale Pass list, please register using the online form AND process your $15 Paypal Gift payment by March 14. If you have already registered but have not processed payment yet, please do so by March 14. For all those planning to attend the meet that do not register by March 14, you will still be able to purchase a pass at the door for $20.
Name badges will be issued at the registration desk and must be worn at all times during the meet.
We will be having a fantastic raffle at the event, stay tuned for details!
Hotel self parking will be discounted at $10 for the day for attendees. Street parking and other self parking options may be available.
Our vendor list is now complete. Full details in post #2.
Facilities and Power
The event will be held on the second floor of the hotel. If you are bringing gear, please remember to bring power strips and extension cords.
- Please treat fellow head-fiers, vendors, and their gear with the utmost care and respect.
- Do not unplug headphones without asking permission from the owners first.
- Do not turn anything on or off without asking permission first.
- Do not move anyone's gear from their established area without asking permission.
- Absolutely no food and drink will be allowed near any equipment including your own. There is ample space within the hotel, as well as Starbucks/bar/restaurant for food and drink.
- Please have courtesy and ensure that your hands are CLEAN before handling other’s equipment.
- Be mindful of the time you are spending listening to vendors and others’ gear especially if there are others waiting in line.
- Be mindful of personal hygiene. DO NOT use hair gel or other product that may damage or stain a headband or earpads.
DO NOT wear hair gel or any cosmetic product that may damage or stain a headband or earpads.
- Please use common sense! To repeat the most important rule: treat fellow head-fiers, vendors, and their gear with the utmost care and respect.
Setup and Breakdown
Setup starts at 8am. Meet starts at 9am. Breakdown starts at 5:00pm.
If you are sending in equipment from out of town, please contact the hotel directly to make arrangements for handling and processing. Attendees bringing gear will be able to unload at the hotel entrance, our event is located on the second floor.
The hotel is ideally situated in close proximity to John Wayne Airport (SNA) in Orange County. There is also a footbridge directly into South Coast Plaza.
Check the travel sites (expedia.com, etc) as well as the Westin's own site for most current hotel pricing.
Edited by third_eye - 3/6/14 at 8:32pm