Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › S-EM6, 1p2 with Uber , TG334 or FAD 1602X-CC ???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

S-EM6, 1p2 with Uber , TG334 or FAD 1602X-CC ???

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

Hi all,

 

I have receive my HM901 with balanced card. My Grado PS-1000 rocks but i need a nice IEM which replace my grado. For classical music (symphony, opera) and jazz, what do you recommend as  high end universal IEM eq Grado PS-1000?

S-EM6, 1p2 with Uber , TG334 with 000 cable or FAD 1602X-CC ?

Cheers

 

Silvere

post #2 of 18
You also have other choices. My SE5, 1plus2 and Kaede all sound great with 901 balanced. I never heard the Grado, so what sig are you looking for.
post #3 of 18
Fitear Parterre
post #4 of 18
I've learnt that some people dont like to balance the 334 to use with 901 bcos the sound becomes too "in your face" mainly bcos 334 r very easy to drive ...
Parterre is tuned a little bit treble recessed when comparing with the 334... And it claims to tune for reproducing the concert hall experience...The extra power from the balance card in fact enhance that experience

If you plan to own one pair only, i would recommend 334 but depending on your preference whether to go balance.. Also, fitear iem are built true to the High Quality "MADE IN JAPAN" standard.
post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 

Hi ,

 

And S-EM6 or FAD 1602X-CC ? In fact i like warm sound with bass, medium and treble analytics, and high very clear but not dark sound

 

Rgds

 

Silvere


Edited by fxsm - 11/1/13 at 7:27am
post #6 of 18
The FAD supposedly has quite rolled off trebble.
post #7 of 18

The S-EM6 has recessed mids and I too, listen to classical music. The overall sound of the S-EM6 is quite muddy when you compare it to something that made for classical/jazz/instrument, say the Parterre.

 

FAD's sound tend to be you either love it or hate it. For your musical preference (and mine as well), I would recommend the FI-BA-SS. The Piano Forte series are just not meant for portable use...

post #8 of 18

On a side note, the FI-BA-SS is made more for classical music, therefore it really only shines if your a hardcore classical guy. The Parterre is excellent with classical as well, but performs well with other genres of music.

 

So it boils down to whether you want an "only-classical" (or maybe vocals) performer, or you want and "all-rounder-but-geared-towards-classical" type of IEM.

 

Hope it will be helpful :)

post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MahthovenWang View Post

The S-EM6 has recessed mids and I too, listen to classical music. The overall sound of the S-EM6 is quite muddy when you compare it to something that made for classical/jazz/instrument, say the Parterre.

FAD's sound tend to be you either love it or hate it. For your musical preference (and mine as well), I would recommend the FI-BA-SS. The Piano Forte series are just not meant for portable use...
S-EM6 has recessed mids? That is the first time I hear this...earsonics house sound is mid centric and most reviews confirm that...well I will get a loaner next week and see.
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


S-EM6 has recessed mids? That is the first time I hear this...earsonics house sound is mid centric and most reviews confirm that...well I will get a loaner next week and see.

Its for me at least. I never really rely on reviews because what others hear is not necessarily what we perceive to hear. I just feel that it lacks what make an earphone good for classical music, and the S-EM6 is quite a disappointment for me personally because the sound that it produces is not on par with its technology used and does not equate to the price. But for others who listen to other genres of music and who value sound qualities other than the mids, they might find the S-EM6 to be a gem.

 

But I have to say that ALL of this are my PERSONAL experiences, based on my personal musical taste, so take it or not, its really up to you. I just thought of contributing a little because I found fxsm's musical taste to be similar to mine.I think it has recessed mids because I've heard some IEMs with very, very, lush mids, such as the FitEar 335 and the FAD Piano Forte series, therefore I found the S-EM6 to be lacking in the midrange. 

post #11 of 18
You are totally entitled to your opinion no problem there smily_headphones1.gif But if you say an iem has recessed mids because it has slightly less forward mids than iems with VERY forward mids than it is a bit misleading I guess...but have not heard them so you might be right.
post #12 of 18

I quickly compared my S-EM6 to somebody's 334 and 435 and they have really different presentations. The Fitear are really impressive and appear to be quite a bit more detailed but I believe it is  because the mids are quite forward and  they have this wall of sound quality. I liked it but I am worrying they could get quite tiring after a while.

The S-EM6 are more about finesse and very realistic imaging. The overall sound is a lot closer to that of a  full-size headphone.


Edited by zenpunk - 11/2/13 at 6:11am
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyPForever View Post
 

Fitear parterre probably is the IEM you should get. S-EM6 sound quite muddy compare to the parterre while 1+2 is very bright, analytical treble and dry if you like warm sounding try to avoid the 1+2. Fitear 334 sound darker than parterre and overall smoother sounding but the parterre is still a bit warm and smooth but better treble present :))

+1 I personally ordered a pair of Parterre :) For classical music, the FAD FI-BA-SS is also definitely worth an audition

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

You are totally entitled to your opinion no problem there smily_headphones1.gif But if you say an iem has recessed mids because it has slightly less forward mids than iems with VERY forward mids than it is a bit misleading I guess...but have not heard them so you might be right.

Yeah I guess I might be over-reacting and be kinda "unfriendly", but maybe because I have too high of an expectation for mids that made me perceive that the S-EM6 has recessed mids. 

post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MahthovenWang View Post

Its for me at least. I never really rely on reviews because what others hear is not necessarily what we perceive to hear. I just feel that it lacks what make an earphone good for classical music, and the S-EM6 is quite a disappointment for me personally because the sound that it produces is not on par with its technology used and does not equate to the price. But for others who listen to other genres of music and who value sound qualities other than the mids, they might find the S-EM6 to be a gem.

But I have to say that ALL of this are my PERSONAL experiences, based on my personal musical taste, so take it or not, its really up to you. I just thought of contributing a little because I found fxsm's musical taste to be similar to mine.I think it has recessed mids because I've heard some IEMs with very, very, lush mids, such as the FitEar 335 and the FAD Piano Forte series, therefore I found the S-EM6 to be lacking in the midrange. 

+1, just a/bed the Parterre with the S-EM6. Listening to Angela Aki - Kiss me goodbye. Right after i switched from the Parterre to the S-EM6, i noticed the high mid of the S-EM6 is weird. The female voice it rendered lacks a lot of "air" and "breath" compared to the Parterre. The background violin also seems to be not as clear as on the Parterre also. My opinion is that the S-EM6 is not bad but i won't pay $1000 for it. The source i used is iPad Air and iPhone 4.
post #15 of 18

The iPhone and iPad are not great sources...

 

I have tried the 1plus2 and really liked them, but only with EQ. Without EQ I feel like the mids were too recessed. 

 

I did not like the FAD FI-BA-SS at all, but I heard that it is a love/hate relationship so yeah. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › S-EM6, 1p2 with Uber , TG334 or FAD 1602X-CC ???