Geek Pulse is a high-definition DAC and 3W headphone amplifier.
Beyond being a rad DAC, Geek Pulse has two ways to get music out of it. First, there's a pair of RCA connectors on the back. Second, it has an amazing headphone amplifier inside that is accessed by a 1/4" headphone jack on the front. Again, this is audiophile approved stuff and it is powerful. It'll push 3,000 milliwatts into a pair of headphones.
The Geek Pulse DAC is just one component in a line that LH Labs hopes to continue building that will work together in synchronized harmony.
For Updated Features and Specification see:
Geek Pulse, X and S differences
- Fully Balanced
Fully balanced internal circuit.
- The 3D Awesomifier
Geek Pulse's 3D Awesomifier electronically duplicates what happens naturally when we listen to sound through a stereo. Sometimes this technology is called "crossfeeding," but Geek Pulse does it in a very unique way, using both digital and analog technologies proprietary to LH Labs.
Super Quiet DC Power Circuit
Since Geek Pulse isn't USB powered (like Geek Out is), we'll make "Da Vinci magic" again with a quiet and proven super regulator that uses a large bank of capacitors, providing the best power supply in its class.
New Addon Products
Geek Blue is a Bluetooth 4.0 addon with the aptX codec so you can stream your tunes from your Android, iDevice, and any other Bluetooth-compatible device.
Same chassis as Geek Pulse and Geek Blue
Benefits of a Linear Power Supply
- No switching power noise!
- Unlike a battery, no need to recharge.
- Unlike a battery, a LPS has excellent system grounding.
Specs of Geek Linear Power Supply
- 110V/120V or 220V/240V 50/60 Hz AC input.
- 12V DC, 800mA output (uses the notoriously good power supply technology inside Da Vinci DAC)
- 5V DC, 500mA output in front panel via USB-A connector (Can be used with Geek Out via split USB cable to reduce power noise from computer.)
- 47,000uF Reservoir Capacitor (4700uF * 10) with zero switching off noise Schottky diode
- 30VA High Quality Noise Shielded Transformer
Special note: If you live in a country where your power is not one of the ones specified (Japan or Brazil, for example), please don't buy Geek LPS. Also note that the 110V/120V and 220V/240V is NON-switchable (i.e. is set at the factory).
Will update periodically.
Poll for your suggestions added (Geek Pulse team is informed of our effort).
System wont allow me to edit Poll - Sorry!
Just here for the music.
Reason for Edit: Removed poll
Edited by m-i-c-k-e-y - 2/26/14 at 5:48am