ah, yeah now i can see the mic coming out of the first coming soon pic
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by Ra97oR, 10/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need help : Screw driver for AKG K812 Last post on 7/4/16 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 8/6/16 at 9:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K8XX massdrop?! K812 Last post on 1/30/15 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Video Review of the AKG K812 (on SALE in Hong Kong!) Last post on 12/22/14 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
This review is from earphonia.com Re-posted on headfi to share to impressions http://earphonia.com/earphone-cables/effect-audio-iem-cable-thor-silver-ii-lightning-strikes As a lot of...
Intro The Meze 12 Classics has been provided to me by the Meze company as part of the official European review tour in exchange for my honest opinion. Later on Meze decided the participants can...
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
AKG K812 Pro - Page 145
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Discount doesn't apply to these, just checked.
I had a chance to audition the K812 at a HeadFi meet yesterday. I have to say that I was pretty impressed but given that the room was noisy and I had about 20 minutes with them, I'm eager to give them an extended audition, hopefully with my system.
It's probably the usual AKG fluff of releasing variants and variants, &c., of the same model.
If they really wanted to help, they could start with a better cable.
But I'm a patient man, so I can wait another 10 years for my favorite big firm to make improvements. I have plenty to listen with in the meantime.
Agreed, Claritas. AKG needs to work on their stock cables.
That's what some have been saying here for a while.
Edit: I didn't see the picture.
Could be an April Fools but I don't really care. Here is an April Fools on a product that you would never want. The real April Fools is the K812.
Edited by AUserName501 - 4/1/14 at 5:15am
I got this headphone before reading much into the specific technical details. I've owned the AKG K1000s for a long time and thought it was about time that they came out with another flagship headphone. After receiving these, I was very confused why AKG would make a headphone with portable scenarios in mind so OPEN. Due to the ridiculously slim drivers, the 812s have a ton of area for air, which results in a significant amount of leakage. Given that they stuck such a crappy cable on this why would they ever think you would wear these in any setting where people are in close proximity to you? The cable feels extremely cheap and the snap-on 6.3mm seems like kind of a joke. I really don't get why AKG didn't make this semi-open or at least with a design more intended for home use.
I'm not trying to completely bash these because they sound very good. I would place them somewhere ahead of the T1s and right around the LCD-2 in terms of listening pleasure. The drivers and ear cushioning in conjunction with the completely open design delivers a very unique sound signature. I would place it closer to HiFiMAN and Sennheiser than any other brand as they tend to be brighter than other headphones.
What I found interesting was that it powers very easily off a smartphone but doesn't so much off of an amp like the Woo WA7. Granted, the sound that is produced by a smartphone is going to be far less distinguished but I had to adjust the level on my Woo WA7 very high to get similar volume to my HD800s. I understand these are completely different headphones and generally I would not make a comparison like that but the Woo WA7 is positioned as a fairly well-suited amp for a variety of headphones.
Overall, I just don't quite get what AKG was trying to accomplish with these headphones. If they wanted to produce something that could be easily positioned with a portable amp/dac then why did they make it one of the most open headphones that I can think of besides Grado? If they figured it would be used primarily in more intimate settings then why make the cable so crappy? I would definitely opt for these over the TH900s but definitely not over the HD800s or HE-6s. Either way, these headphones do not provide the noise isolation needed to take them traveling. They barely suffice in an office setting with large cubicles.
Two completely different headphones. Some similar qualities but the K1000 is a beast of its own. The K812s do not accentuate the highs as well as the K1000s or HD800s (with proper amp). Again, the K812s are kind of a chameleon. I would say it has some similar qualities to the K1000s and some similar qualities to the 701s. I am going to test the K812s on a very diverse, high-end system this weekend and will let you know my impressions. My thinking is that given AKG has made a compromise to make them work as portables that a really high-end system will have somewhat diminishing returns.
feel the opposite way about the th900. not so sure about the hd800 tho. need to spend more time comparing it with the k812. but yeah - the hd800 did impress more first time around.
- AKG K812 Pro
- › Orgy of Capacitors: The Cap Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread 44 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › 2016 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange sign up 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 5 minutes ago
- › Shure se215 vs se846 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 7 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 8 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear