New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Velour on A700x & A900x

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

A quick scan of the forums didn't really give me an answer on the efficacy of putting velour pads on the closed ath-a700x & 900x.

 

I'm dead set on buying either the a700x or the a900x and I want to get velour pads to work on them for the reason of comfort. I already own a busted old AD700 and I was hoping I could just do a quick swap with those pads.

 

My questions are:

 

1) Will the AD700 pads work on the A700x/A900x?

 

2) If not, then what velour pads do work, and if none, then what's the best best alternative to stock?

 

3 & 4) How much is the sound signature affected by velour pads, and what about noise leakage?

 

Quick note, I want to get the A700x/A900x because I want privacy, if putting velour on them will negate this then I'll just throw in the towel and get an open model.

 

Many thanks to any and all who may choose to help me out with these queries.

post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Meister View Post
 

A quick scan of the forums didn't really give me an answer on the efficacy of putting velour pads on the closed ATH-A700X & A900X.

I'm dead set on buying either the A700X or the A900X and I want to get velour pads to work on them for the reason of comfort. I already own a busted old AD700 and I was hoping I could just do a quick swap with those pads.

My questions are:

1) Will the AD700 pads work on the A700X/A900X?

2) If not, then what velour pads do work, and if none, then what's the best best alternative to stock?

3 & 4) How much is the sound signature affected by velour pads, and what about noise leakage?

Quick note, I want to get the A700X/A900X because I want privacy, if putting velour on them will negate this then I'll just throw in the towel and get an open model.

I'm a fan of Velour ear pads and I own the ATH-A900X, but I feel no reason to replace the stock ear pads on the A900X, I find them very comfortable, just the way they are.

post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 

Thanks for your input. I noticed that you own the HM5. How would you compare the HM5 to the A900X in terms of comfort? I have a very wide head if that makes any difference.

post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Meister View Post
 

Thanks for your input. I noticed that you own the HM5. How would you compare the HM5 to the A900X in terms of comfort? I have a very wide head if that makes any difference.

Never use the HM5, not a lot of bass and my other headphones (like the A900X) are more comfortable to wear. Not trying to be negative about the HM5s, I just have better headphones (that cost 3 times as much).

If your looking for a closed headphone with a good seal (but not a lot of bass), then the HM5s are decent for the price.

post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 

Last question since you've been so helpful. In terms of raw comfort, would you recommend the A900x or the DT770 Pro 80 to me? I have no experience with Beyer and I know I like Audio Technica's 3D wing support. I just want to make the right decision. If I could afford both, I'd try both. Sorry that I've turned this into a suggestion thread when it's not in the correct forum!

post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Meister View Post
 

Last question since you've been so helpful. In terms of raw comfort, would you recommend the A900x or the DT770 Pro 80 to me? I have no experience with Beyer and I know I like Audio Technica's 3D wing support. I just want to make the right decision. If I could afford both, I'd try both. Sorry that I've turned this into a suggestion thread when it's not in the correct forum!

I guess the DT770 would be considered the more comfortable.

Bestbuy is sell the DT770 Pro 250-Ohm for $150, with free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/beyerdynamic-Over-the-Ear-Studio-Headphones-/200965913858?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item2eca807d02

 

But you have to have a decent amplifier to plug them into, or a receiver.

post #7 of 8
Thread Starter 

Again, thanks.

 

I care about comfort above all else and since you said the DT770 beats out the AT 900x in that regard, right now it looks like I'm going with the Beyer. Oh I was planning on getting a FiiO E7K down the road, I'll budget that in if I do go with the DT770 250 Ohm.

 

Welp, feel free to delete this thread since I'm now off-topic.

post #8 of 8
So did the velour ear pads for the a700x. Was thinking of buying the ad700 velour one for my a700x but not sure if it fits.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home