So it seems that these cans have been out long enough now that there should be some good comparison / impression threads, but I'm not finding anything. I use & love my Focal CMS50 studio monitors & would love a similarly voiced set of cans. Right now my primary set of closed back cans are the Shure SRH840's. They're great, but I really, thoroughly hate their head band, even after a few modifications. Anyone care to share a comparison of their Focal Spirit Pro's? I currently also have a set of HD600's, K240 studios, HD280's and SE535 in ears for comparison. Thanks!
- productFocal Spirit Professionaltagged by System, 10/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Has anybody purchased from Chinese sellers on Ebay? Last post on 2/19/15 at 9:31am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Philips Fidelio X2 vs Bowers&Wilkins p7 vs Focal Spirit Professional ?? Last post on 1/4/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- $229.00!! FOCAL SPIRIT PRO - MINT in BOX - Top closed back monitor headphones! Last post on 8/16/14 at 11:42pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Focal Spirit One S Last post on 8/4/16 at 6:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio Reference Headphones—Recommendations? Last post on 5/2/14 at 10:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
Impressions of Focal Spirit Professional?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Nice contrasts between the two. I tend to prefer the more open mids of the Pro, but that is why you have to hear them for yourself. Everyone hears differently.
Nice clean blog!
Thank you bixby!
Indeed, I always tell people that if they have the chance they should listen before buying!
I have a review of the Spirit Pro on my blog.
Thanks for the link/review... I was considering both the Pro and the Classic but decided to go with the Pro because I was looking for an example of a phone that was more neutral/accurate in its voicing and frequency response. I'm looking forward to more reviews of the FSP as well as hopefully seeing some frequency charts. I too found that my (larger?) ears will just fit inside the cups of the Pro where as the cups of the ATH-M50 and B&W P7 are both roomier. I briefly tried the Momemtum on at Best Buy and my ears didn't work/fit well with them at all.
I've recently written a review on both Classic and Professional.
Now that I have the Pro... I'd also like to hear how Focal voiced the Classic. It would be interesting to also compare the Classic to the B&W P7.
I don't think they are... I checked the owners manual and it didn't mention anything about it. They seem to be securely attached to the cups.
Just got word the other day that there will be replaceable ear pads available for the Pro and Classic. They are attached with adhesive rings. Don't know exactly when they'll be available, but my information source is pretty good.
The earcups were the only problem with the FSP, thats very interesting Tyll thanks. Any news?
I like the Focal Spirit Pro, can anyone contrast it in SQ/sound signature to a basic modded Fostex T50rp? (or the NAD VISO HP50 / B&W P7)
- Impressions of Focal Spirit Professional?
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 (Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear... 57 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 2 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 vs Sony MDR 1000X? Help! 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › NuForce HEM4 IEM 4 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 6 minutes ago
- › SPL Phonitor X / Phonitor E impressions and TOUR sign up 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 8 minutes ago
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Meze 12 Classics by Mightygrey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Astell&Kern JH Audio Siren Series Michelle by MrOTL
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear