So it seems that these cans have been out long enough now that there should be some good comparison / impression threads, but I'm not finding anything. I use & love my Focal CMS50 studio monitors & would love a similarly voiced set of cans. Right now my primary set of closed back cans are the Shure SRH840's. They're great, but I really, thoroughly hate their head band, even after a few modifications. Anyone care to share a comparison of their Focal Spirit Pro's? I currently also have a set of HD600's, K240 studios, HD280's and SE535 in ears for comparison. Thanks!
- productFocal Spirit Professionaltagged by System, 10/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- $229.00!! FOCAL SPIRIT PRO - MINT in BOX - Top closed back monitor headphones! Last post on 8/16/14 at 11:42pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Focal Spirit One S Last post on 9/17/14 at 6:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio Reference Headphones—Recommendations? Last post on 5/2/14 at 10:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG 545 vs Focal Spirit Classic Last post on 4/27/14 at 12:58pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best Studio Headphones Last post on 9/15/14 at 12:20am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
Impressions of Focal Spirit Professional?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Nice contrasts between the two. I tend to prefer the more open mids of the Pro, but that is why you have to hear them for yourself. Everyone hears differently.
Nice clean blog!
Thank you bixby!
Indeed, I always tell people that if they have the chance they should listen before buying!
I have a review of the Spirit Pro on my blog.
Thanks for the link/review... I was considering both the Pro and the Classic but decided to go with the Pro because I was looking for an example of a phone that was more neutral/accurate in its voicing and frequency response. I'm looking forward to more reviews of the FSP as well as hopefully seeing some frequency charts. I too found that my (larger?) ears will just fit inside the cups of the Pro where as the cups of the ATH-M50 and B&W P7 are both roomier. I briefly tried the Momemtum on at Best Buy and my ears didn't work/fit well with them at all.
I've recently written a review on both Classic and Professional.
Now that I have the Pro... I'd also like to hear how Focal voiced the Classic. It would be interesting to also compare the Classic to the B&W P7.
I don't think they are... I checked the owners manual and it didn't mention anything about it. They seem to be securely attached to the cups.
Just got word the other day that there will be replaceable ear pads available for the Pro and Classic. They are attached with adhesive rings. Don't know exactly when they'll be available, but my information source is pretty good.
- Impressions of Focal Spirit Professional?
- › FS: New Rhapsodio Westone 6-core Mono Crystal Copper IEM cable... 14 seconds ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 31 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** RHA (Reid Heath Acoustics) T10i IEM to debut at IFA 2014 3 minutes ago
- › looking for home-use headphones 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)