So it seems that these cans have been out long enough now that there should be some good comparison / impression threads, but I'm not finding anything. I use & love my Focal CMS50 studio monitors & would love a similarly voiced set of cans. Right now my primary set of closed back cans are the Shure SRH840's. They're great, but I really, thoroughly hate their head band, even after a few modifications. Anyone care to share a comparison of their Focal Spirit Pro's? I currently also have a set of HD600's, K240 studios, HD280's and SE535 in ears for comparison. Thanks!
- productFocal Spirit Professionaltagged by System, 10/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Has anybody purchased from Chinese sellers on Ebay? Last post on 2/19/15 at 9:31am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Philips Fidelio X2 vs Bowers&Wilkins p7 vs Focal Spirit Professional ?? Last post on 1/4/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- $229.00!! FOCAL SPIRIT PRO - MINT in BOX - Top closed back monitor headphones! Last post on 8/16/14 at 11:42pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Focal Spirit One S Last post on 8/4/16 at 6:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio Reference Headphones—Recommendations? Last post on 5/2/14 at 10:11am in Headphones (full-size)
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I'd like to acknowledge Head-fier Ajaxander (Andy) and also Ken Ball from ALO/Campfire...
I bought these (at £150) expecting much but was shocked by how far they fell short of even competency. They are very uncomfortable, badly designed and the sound is really nothing special. Whatever...
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
Impressions of Focal Spirit Professional?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Nice contrasts between the two. I tend to prefer the more open mids of the Pro, but that is why you have to hear them for yourself. Everyone hears differently.
Nice clean blog!
Thank you bixby!
Indeed, I always tell people that if they have the chance they should listen before buying!
I have a review of the Spirit Pro on my blog.
Thanks for the link/review... I was considering both the Pro and the Classic but decided to go with the Pro because I was looking for an example of a phone that was more neutral/accurate in its voicing and frequency response. I'm looking forward to more reviews of the FSP as well as hopefully seeing some frequency charts. I too found that my (larger?) ears will just fit inside the cups of the Pro where as the cups of the ATH-M50 and B&W P7 are both roomier. I briefly tried the Momemtum on at Best Buy and my ears didn't work/fit well with them at all.
I've recently written a review on both Classic and Professional.
Now that I have the Pro... I'd also like to hear how Focal voiced the Classic. It would be interesting to also compare the Classic to the B&W P7.
I don't think they are... I checked the owners manual and it didn't mention anything about it. They seem to be securely attached to the cups.
Just got word the other day that there will be replaceable ear pads available for the Pro and Classic. They are attached with adhesive rings. Don't know exactly when they'll be available, but my information source is pretty good.
The earcups were the only problem with the FSP, thats very interesting Tyll thanks. Any news?
I like the Focal Spirit Pro, can anyone contrast it in SQ/sound signature to a basic modded Fostex T50rp? (or the NAD VISO HP50 / B&W P7)
- Impressions of Focal Spirit Professional?
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 6 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Show 2 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 8 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 9 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...