So it seems that these cans have been out long enough now that there should be some good comparison / impression threads, but I'm not finding anything. I use & love my Focal CMS50 studio monitors & would love a similarly voiced set of cans. Right now my primary set of closed back cans are the Shure SRH840's. They're great, but I really, thoroughly hate their head band, even after a few modifications. Anyone care to share a comparison of their Focal Spirit Pro's? I currently also have a set of HD600's, K240 studios, HD280's and SE535 in ears for comparison. Thanks!
- productFocal Spirit Professionaltagged by System, 10/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best Studio Headphones Last post on 4/11/14 at 7:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Appreciation Society Last post on Today at 9:27 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Focal Spirit Professional Last post on 12/31/13 at 6:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyerdynamic dt1350 vs focal spirit classic Last post on 3/14/14 at 10:13am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Focal Spirit Classic vs Focal Spirit Professional Vs Bowers & Wilkins P7 Last post on 1/4/14 at 5:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
Impressions of Focal Spirit Professional?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Nice contrasts between the two. I tend to prefer the more open mids of the Pro, but that is why you have to hear them for yourself. Everyone hears differently.
Nice clean blog!
Thank you bixby!
Indeed, I always tell people that if they have the chance they should listen before buying!
I have a review of the Spirit Pro on my blog.
Thanks for the link/review... I was considering both the Pro and the Classic but decided to go with the Pro because I was looking for an example of a phone that was more neutral/accurate in its voicing and frequency response. I'm looking forward to more reviews of the FSP as well as hopefully seeing some frequency charts. I too found that my (larger?) ears will just fit inside the cups of the Pro where as the cups of the ATH-M50 and B&W P7 are both roomier. I briefly tried the Momemtum on at Best Buy and my ears didn't work/fit well with them at all.
I've recently written a review on both Classic and Professional.
Now that I have the Pro... I'd also like to hear how Focal voiced the Classic. It would be interesting to also compare the Classic to the B&W P7.
I don't think they are... I checked the owners manual and it didn't mention anything about it. They seem to be securely attached to the cups.
Just got word the other day that there will be replaceable ear pads available for the Pro and Classic. They are attached with adhesive rings. Don't know exactly when they'll be available, but my information source is pretty good.
- Impressions of Focal Spirit Professional?
- › Headphone Amp thats both POWERFUL and Neutral 11 seconds ago
- › Most detailed, accurate, clear, neutral IEMs 21 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 29 seconds ago
- › Charlotte, NC meet April 19, 2014 <> meet impressions 55 seconds ago
- › Review + Appreciation thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 1 minute ago
- › Recommendations for desktop amp and DAC for Sennheiser HD 600- $900... 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. 1 minute ago
- › The Basshead Club 1 minute ago
- › Sony's DSD-capable PHA-2 portable headphone amp/DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob