So it seems that these cans have been out long enough now that there should be some good comparison / impression threads, but I'm not finding anything. I use & love my Focal CMS50 studio monitors & would love a similarly voiced set of cans. Right now my primary set of closed back cans are the Shure SRH840's. They're great, but I really, thoroughly hate their head band, even after a few modifications. Anyone care to share a comparison of their Focal Spirit Pro's? I currently also have a set of HD600's, K240 studios, HD280's and SE535 in ears for comparison. Thanks!
- productFocal Spirit Professionaltagged by System, 10/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Has anybody purchased from Chinese sellers on Ebay? Last post on 2/19/15 at 9:31am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Philips Fidelio X2 vs Bowers&Wilkins p7 vs Focal Spirit Professional ?? Last post on 1/4/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- $229.00!! FOCAL SPIRIT PRO - MINT in BOX - Top closed back monitor headphones! Last post on 8/16/14 at 11:42pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Focal Spirit One S Last post on 3/30/15 at 6:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio Reference Headphones—Recommendations? Last post on 5/2/14 at 10:11am in Headphones (full-size)
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
Impressions of Focal Spirit Professional?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Nice contrasts between the two. I tend to prefer the more open mids of the Pro, but that is why you have to hear them for yourself. Everyone hears differently.
Nice clean blog!
Thank you bixby!
Indeed, I always tell people that if they have the chance they should listen before buying!
I have a review of the Spirit Pro on my blog.
Thanks for the link/review... I was considering both the Pro and the Classic but decided to go with the Pro because I was looking for an example of a phone that was more neutral/accurate in its voicing and frequency response. I'm looking forward to more reviews of the FSP as well as hopefully seeing some frequency charts. I too found that my (larger?) ears will just fit inside the cups of the Pro where as the cups of the ATH-M50 and B&W P7 are both roomier. I briefly tried the Momemtum on at Best Buy and my ears didn't work/fit well with them at all.
I've recently written a review on both Classic and Professional.
Now that I have the Pro... I'd also like to hear how Focal voiced the Classic. It would be interesting to also compare the Classic to the B&W P7.
I don't think they are... I checked the owners manual and it didn't mention anything about it. They seem to be securely attached to the cups.
Just got word the other day that there will be replaceable ear pads available for the Pro and Classic. They are attached with adhesive rings. Don't know exactly when they'll be available, but my information source is pretty good.
The earcups were the only problem with the FSP, thats very interesting Tyll thanks. Any news?
I like the Focal Spirit Pro, can anyone contrast it in SQ/sound signature to a basic modded Fostex T50rp? (or the NAD VISO HP50 / B&W P7)
- Impressions of Focal Spirit Professional?
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 22 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity – it’s... 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › FS: LH GeekOut 450 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for Sony Xperia Z3 3 minutes ago
- › RHA T10 Vs Sennheiser IE80 3 minutes ago
- › MIT Study on Articulation Pole Technology 3 minutes ago
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2