or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 268

post #4006 of 8284
Quote:
Originally Posted by eso6686 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post



When did you order? (if you answered this already, my apologies, it's hard to keep track). I assume October but I want to confirm.

 




Yes , mid oct order 11215

damn , i ordered BF, god knows when mine will arrive !! am so sick and tired of this wait, they were to ship late november !!

post #4007 of 8284
Quote:
Originally Posted by liyzag1 View Post
 

damn , i ordered BF, god knows when mine will arrive !! am so sick and tired of this wait, they were to ship late november !!

This might be my cynical nature kicking in, but very few "new releases" are produced on time. I think Heir had a fiasco during Black Friday sales, and personally for me, Frogbeats had that delay as well. UM also had something like that. But yea, I'd buy into these products thinking that I'd get it ... half a year or more of delay. Especially when this "new product" is conveniently placed around a Black Friday "sale." 

post #4008 of 8284

Seriously considering an upgrade from my 16s to the Roxanne TAT

post #4009 of 8284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiAki View Post

Seriously considering an upgrade from my 16s to the Roxanne TAT


 



I have both and Roxanne is clearly an upgrade over JH16. It just make everything better in terms of details, soundstage, depth, extension on both ends and separation. Not to mention the adjustable bass. The additional drivers really take things to the next level.
post #4010 of 8284
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcichocki View Post

The super nuts are estimated to be mid to end of March.

Oh OK thanks. I hope I get mine before end of march then.
post #4011 of 8284
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiAki View Post
 

Seriously considering an upgrade from my 16s to the Roxanne TAT

 



I have both and Roxanne is clearly an upgrade over JH16. It just make everything better in terms of details, soundstage, depth, extension on both ends and separation. Not to mention the adjustable bass. The additional drivers really take things to the next level.

I found the opposite. Roxanne has pretty much same cloth as my JH13 FP and JH16 non FP with adjustable bass (JH16's bass is about 60% of roxanne bass gain). Actually the clarity is slightly better on the JH16, roxanne is a little warmer. The overall soundstage width is slightly larger on the roxanne. The treble extension is about the same on the three. IMO roxanne has typical JHA sound with adjustable bass, it's clearly not an upgrade IMO over JH13/16 FP/non-FP unless someone just want the bass function.

post #4012 of 8284
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

I found the opposite. Roxanne has pretty much same cloth as my JH13 FP and JH16 non FP with adjustable bass (JH16's bass is about 60% of roxanne bass gain). Actually the clarity is slightly better on the JH16, roxanne is a little warmer. The overall soundstage width is slightly larger on the roxanne. The treble extension is about the same on the three. IMO roxanne has typical JHA sound with adjustable bass, it's clearly not an upgrade IMO over JH13/16 FP/non-FP unless someone just want the bass function.

 



I actually have to set the bass on Roxanne to 0dB (9 o'clock) to hear the biggest difference over JH16 which acctually decreasing the bass from JH16 or JH13 even. I have not heard of JH13 so I can't directly compare. Songs that have piercing treble in JH16 is actually tamed and sounds balaned on Roxanne. The soundstage is the clear difference. Going back to JH16 gives me a feeling that everything suddenly gets smaller. Especially on classical songs.

I find the treble details is more natural in Roxanne when I closely listen to the reverb on the cymbals. By the wa,y my JH16 is the FP version so maybe we are hearing different tones on details. I can hear the same amount of details but rendering in Roxanne is much more real than the JH16.
post #4013 of 8284
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 
The soundstage is the clear difference. Going back to JH16 gives me a feeling that everything suddenly gets smaller. Especially on classical songs.

 

Yes I agree on that. Roxanne is more spacious. Actually roxanne is less mid centric than JH13/16 (rather than more mid centric as people said, it's just warmer because of the relaxed treble), which I think might be the reason of the increase in soundstage because the laid back mid fills more space into the presentation. Just like when you switch from hifiman 901 to dx100. The space gets better instantly.

post #4014 of 8284

More bass, more space, (and with this winter weather in the U.S.) "more warmth" sounds pretty good to me.:D 


Edited by truckdriver - 3/3/14 at 4:32am
post #4015 of 8284
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdriver View Post
 

More bass, more space, (and with this winter weather in the U.S.) "more warmth" sounds pretty good to me.:D 


Though you'll most likely get them on summer :wink:

post #4016 of 8284
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdriver View Post
 

More bass, more space, (and with this winter weather in the U.S.) "more warmth" sounds pretty good to me.:D 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainRazer View Post
 


Though you'll most likely get them on summer :wink:

 

lol. nice one :jecklinsmile:

post #4017 of 8284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainRazer View Post
 


Though you'll most likely get them on summer :wink:

 

No doubt (as I wait on the UF edition). If the UF comes out before custom pre-orders are filled, the "warmth" (more like serious heat) will come from customers.

post #4018 of 8284
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdriver View Post
 

 

No doubt (as I wait on the UF edition). If the UF comes out before custom pre-orders are filled, the "warmth" (more like serious heat) will come from customers.

I am not so sure about that... they posted this on Facebook the 1st of March:
 

''We apologize for the extended delay and appreciate your patience. We plan to start shipping the Roxanne UF to our dealer network in the middle of March. They will notify you when they receive the product.''

Seems like the universals will be sooner than CF Black Friday orders.

 

post #4019 of 8284
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanCandel View Post
 

I am not so sure about that... they posted this on Facebook the 1st of March:
 

''We apologize for the extended delay and appreciate your patience. We plan to start shipping the Roxanne UF to our dealer network in the middle of March. They will notify you when they receive the product.''

Seems like the universals will be sooner than CF Black Friday orders.

 

 

I didn't mean to imply that JHA wouldn't do it, but that it probably should anger pre-order acrylic customers. I mean, I don't know the manufacturing process, but it looks like a lack of prioritizing (or all hands on deck to get orders out). People who still want CF model are different. That has been shown to clearly be a separate process.

 

But then again, what the heck do I know?

post #4020 of 8284
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdriver View Post
 

 

I didn't mean to imply that JHA wouldn't do it, but that it probably should anger pre-order acrylic customers. I mean, I don't know the manufacturing process, but it looks like a lack of prioritizing (or all hands on deck to get orders out). People who still want CF model are different. That has been shown to clearly be a separate process.

 

But then again, what the heck do I know?

Haha, I think we are all in the dark on this one... :)
Just passing along the messages that I come across.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"