Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › LG G2 Mini-Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LG G2 Mini-Review - Page 3

post #31 of 61
I tested some more with the G2. I lent my brothers Senheisser HD800 (still €1200) for a couple of days. I tried it with the G2. The sound is on par with my DT911. I gues it can't really get the best out of the HD800. On the sony nwz-a829 mp3 player the sound was better allready. It beat my DT911 on mids, high and details (not the basses).
post #32 of 61
Were there ever any confirmations of the rumors lg put a Wolfson in the g2 and disconnected the wcd9320 or was that total bs?

Sent from my SM-N9005
post #33 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukemon View Post

Were there ever any confirmations of the rumors lg put a Wolfson in the g2 and disconnected the wcd9320 or was that total bs?

Sent from my SM-N9005

 

LOL!

post #34 of 61

I have a G2 and i have to say i think it sounds like crap. Soundstage is pretty compressed as OP noted and it just overall has a kind of weird sound signature that I'm not fond of. I wouldn't exactly describe it as cold/analytical either. Guess i'm sticking to my ipod video. Also why does everyone hate plastic? I mean yeah the iphone and HTC One use metal and it feels and looks industrial and solid, but the LG G2 by no means feels cheap, WITH EXCEPTION OF THE BACK. I don't like the gloss plastic back either because it gets greasy very easily, but the LG G2 feels very solid in my hands. I think people are too fixated on metal construction. The screen is also the smoothest i've felt (I feel LG does this well on most of their phones) though probably no one cares as i've never seen anyone mention this.

post #35 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukemon View Post

Were there ever any confirmations of the rumors lg put a Wolfson in the g2 and disconnected the wcd9320 or was that total bs?

Sent from my SM-N9005

I did see info about the Wolfson wm5110 when there is talk about the LG G2 on the internet.
https://www.google.nl/#q=wolfson+wm5110+lg+g2

You could also read post 7 here:
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/new-lg-g2-smartphone-will-play-24-192-wav-and-flac-files-17161/
post #36 of 61

 I did a quick test today with my wifes G2 and it seemed to work fine with my Fiio E17 although I was only seeing 48k 16 bit resolution

post #37 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks.nl View Post

I tested some more with the G2. I lent my brothers Senheisser HD800 (still €1200) for a couple of days. I tried it with the G2. The sound is on par with my DT911. I gues it can't really get the best out of the HD800. On the sony nwz-a829 mp3 player the sound was better allready. It beat my DT911 on mids, high and details (not the basses).

I tested some more. I set some sound settings in Poweamp. This did the job for me.
A few conclusions. 1. The HD800 is a beast, what a great device. 2. The sony nwz-a829 mp3 player does no longer beat the LG G2. The G2 is on par. 3. With these settings I can no longer call the sound crap.
One note, it is still a mobile device of course.
I will test the HD800 on my receiver (Onkyo tx-nr 808) later for reference (since I sold my Marantz PM16). Just to know how much better it can be.
post #38 of 61

Good news!!

 

I found settings that made the default music app sound better. I set the equalizer 500Hz (1/10th), 2KHz (1/10) really low and lowered the 250 Hz band (2/5). After this I raised the 6KHz (2/3) and 16KHz (3/4).

The good news of this is that the default app allows to set the 16KHz band, setting the 16 KHz band in Poweramp didn't affect anything.

 



Edit: I forgot to tell that I used the LG speakerdock (I was working at home, listening to the radio/other music) while I was testing this. I will hook up my dt911 later
Edited by sparks.nl - 12/6/13 at 6:15am
post #39 of 61

Here could the FiiO E18 Comes in as it is compatible with the G2, this could give firework soundwise?

post #40 of 61

Did you use the G2 with Spotify if you have it on the phone, and if yes, how did Sound that?Upgrading it with the FiiO E18 and Yamaha EPH -100 earphones could do the Job properly, before we have a high Quality Player with a Wlan chip.

post #41 of 61
I don't use spotify so I haven't tried it. I don't use an external DAC either (rather use real high end audio instead).
post #42 of 61

I use the stock music app on my G2,  I played with the EQ a bit and honestly it is the best sounding DAP I have now.  I'm extremely happy with it.  With USB OTG I can take my whole music collection with me.

post #43 of 61

This means Big45-70 you have your complete collection on a USB stick?

post #44 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvlyminck View Post

This means Big45-70 you have your complete collection on a USB stick?

When my 128 gig comes in!
post #45 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmarket View Post
 

I have a G2 and i have to say i think it sounds like crap. Soundstage is pretty compressed as OP noted and it just overall has a kind of weird sound signature that I'm not fond of. I wouldn't exactly describe it as cold/analytical either. Guess i'm sticking to my ipod video. Also why does everyone hate plastic? I mean yeah the iphone and HTC One use metal and it feels and looks industrial and solid, but the LG G2 by no means feels cheap, WITH EXCEPTION OF THE BACK. I don't like the gloss plastic back either because it gets greasy very easily, but the LG G2 feels very solid in my hands. I think people are too fixated on metal construction. The screen is also the smoothest i've felt (I feel LG does this well on most of their phones) though probably no one cares as i've never seen anyone mention this.


I had originally said that the G2 sounds like crap, but I've finally got it to sound actually really good (well i guess i should say that i got it to sound like most other normal DAP's). Normally the soundstage is super compressed sounding making the G2 sound very terrible, but i played around more with the settings inside Neutron and i found that disabling the Generic Driver (under the Audio Hardware section) makes the G2 sound much better and more like my ipod video. The only problem was that disabling the generic driver brought some glitching into the music, as it would stutter for a fraction of a micro-second quite often. I downloaded the NEON optimised Neutron app from their site and the stuttering problem is mostly gone. Quite happy with the G2 sound now.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › LG G2 Mini-Review