Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX & Mainline
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX & Mainline - Page 52

post #766 of 775
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolus Kratos View Post
 

I'm proud to be a Bottlehead fan :D

 

 

 

 

 

The new DHT SMASH preamp sounded really awesome with the S.E.X :) 

 

P/S: sorry for the photo qualities, the camera of my iPod is just bad!

 

I didn't know you owned Orcas!!!!

post #767 of 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post
 

 

I didn't know you owned Orcas!!!!


Oops! Sorry, I initially thought you weren't interested in speakers :p

post #768 of 775
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolus Kratos View Post
 


Oops! Sorry, I initially thought you weren't interested in speakers :p

 

Not as much, and I use active speakers so no amp required, but the SEX + Orca pairing is very interesting.

post #769 of 775

Nobody is talking Smack in here!  I wish I had other Bottlehead amps to compare with, but I have a Smack kit with some small changes (Caps and Pot) and have been enjoying it for a while now. Seems to work with most everything except sensitive balanced armature in ear monitors.

post #770 of 775
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3NTAL View Post
 

Nobody is talking Smack in here!  I wish I had other Bottlehead amps to compare with, but I have a Smack kit with some small changes (Caps and Pot) and have been enjoying it for a while now. Seems to work with most everything except sensitive balanced armature in ear monitors.

 

No, the Smack is retired isn't it? (Or have I just lost track of all the crazy names? ;))

post #771 of 775

Unfortunately it was retired. Doc had good reasons too and I don't blame him as a business man. 

post #772 of 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolus Kratos View Post
 

I'm proud to be a Bottlehead fan :D

 

 

 

 

 

The new DHT SMASH preamp sounded really awesome with the S.E.X :) 

 

P/S: sorry for the photo qualities, the camera of my iPod is just bad!


Nice set up Kratos and interesting to see the Mainline with the headphones and other amps in close proximity I know they give the measurements and there are lots of pics about but somehow I had got it in my head the Mainlines footprint was much bigger. I don't know how that came about so its good to see it is more compact than I thought. How did you get on with shipping the speakers did they come flat packed or ready assembled?

 

Cheers

post #773 of 775
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieMcC View Post
 


Nice set up Kratos and interesting to see the Mainline with the headphones and other amps in close proximity I know they give the measurements and there are lots of pics about but somehow I had got it in my head the Mainlines footprint was much bigger. I don't know how that came about so its good to see it is more compact than I thought. How did you get on with shipping the speakers did they come flat packed or ready assembled?

 

Cheers

 

Perhaps because it is much bigger than the Crack and / or S.E.X. - particularly in depth because it's as deep as it is wide. My Crack and S.E.X. both fitted on the bench beside my desk, but the Mainline hangs well over the edge (and therefore has to go on my desk).

post #774 of 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post
 

 

Perhaps because it is much bigger than the Crack and / or S.E.X. - particularly in depth because it's as deep as it is wide. My Crack and S.E.X. both fitted on the bench beside my desk, but the Mainline hangs well over the edge (and therefore has to go on my desk).

 

Yes I expect so, photographs can sometime be deceptive, Those close up shots of the HLMP-6000 biasing LED's for the Crack spring to because the perspective is required for the manual they look quiet big and you think ok that looks easy enough, when actually they are tiny and rather fiddly.  

post #775 of 775
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieMcC View Post
 

 

Yes I expect so, photographs can sometime be deceptive, Those close up shots of the HLMP-6000 biasing LED's for the Crack spring to because the perspective is required for the manual they look quiet big and you think ok that looks easy enough, when actually they are tiny and rather fiddly.  


Haha. Don't remind me! I'm going to have dreams about melted LEDs tonight!! ;)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX & Mainline