If any owner based within the (annoying) EU wants to uncage the amp of their 5s here is what i did. And it's working wonders withou drawbacks of any kind (Aside the JB).
2. Add to Cydia the repo from hackmyiphone
3. Install the EU Volume Limit Disabler from that repo
Now you have got rid of the annoying yellow/red squares and from screen turning on when you get loud
1. Install iFile (from cydia)
2. Through iFile go to /var/mobile/library/preferences
3. open the archive com.apple.celestial.plist%
4. go to volumelimits/headphone and change 1 for 1.2
Now the headphone amp from your 5s is not capped. It will get as loud as an iPad Air or non capped iPhone 4s. And that without adding any audible distortion or audible raise in the noise floor.
Even if people don't know the EU has set a double volume limit (measured with bundled earphones):
1. 85db (if you have the Music Setting toggle EU Limit set to On)
2. 100db (If you have the Music Setting toggle EU Limit set to Off)
That is for the Earpods. Problem is that non EU iPhones/Touches drive the Earpods to far more than 100db. Hence even turning Off EU Limit on the menu you are chained to the second volume limit set by the CENELEC. Your amp remains capped. Less capped but capped nonetheless.
The regulation is stupid enough that when earphones are not bundled with the player there is no cap since the amount of capping can not be assessed. Hence: iPads are no volume limited within the EU.
I installed EU Volume Limit Disabler from Cyda and installed it. I also installed iFile and went to /var/mobile/library/preferences and opened the archive com.celestial.plist% but I cannot find volumelimits/headphone. It seems to be missing. Please advise as I am wanting the EU volume cap on my iPhone 5S uncapped.