Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Please help! Should I get LCD3 with HD800 or LCD3 with TH900?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Please help! Should I get LCD3 with HD800 or LCD3 with TH900?

post #1 of 59
Thread Starter 
Hi guys, as the title says.

I have already owned a pair of LCD3 with silver widow from Toxic cable and I love it!! I use Bakoon HPA-21 to drive my LCD3, now I have the budget for one more new headphone. I'm looking forward to get the TH900 or the HD800 now. I tried both and both pleased my ear. But haven't try them with the Bakoon amplifier.

But if just pick one of these 2, should I get the TH900 or the HD800? The amp for it will be the Bakoon only. smily_headphones1.gif
post #2 of 59

IMO, the TH-900 if you listen to EDM especially, and rock. The HD-800 for everything else. I also think the TH-900 will be a better complement to the LCD-3. Either way, you have a very nice problem to have on your hands, as both will be fantastic.

post #3 of 59

Having been in the same predicament, I went w/ the HD800.  For a couple reasons, 1) its like 700 dollars cheaper w/ actual prices 2) I think it compliments the LCD3's talents better, E.g excells where LCD3 is merely good at (sound stage, detail retrieval)  3) HD800 has better resale value 4) HD800 responds to tubes if you ever venture that way.  

 

I'd only consider the fostex only if I needed a closed headphone, because I think acoustically LCD3 does everything the fostex does better.

post #4 of 59
Thread Starter 
Code:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post

IMO, the TH-900 if you listen to EDM especially, and rock. The HD-800 for everything else. I also think the TH-900 will be a better complement to the LCD-3. Either way, you have a very nice problem to have on your hands, as both will be fantastic.

Thank you brunk! smily_headphones1.gif

The LCD3 was too dark to my ear with the original cable, and it improved the detail, soundstage, bright side and clear image after I changed the cable to the silver widow. I have heard that the HD800 has good potential but the cable, amp stuff for it will be much pickier than the TH900 and even the lCD3.

Yes I'm looking forward to get the TH900 now. But I wish to try the HD800 under my Bakoon first. :P
post #5 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahman View Post

Having been in the same predicament, I went w/ the HD800.  For a couple reasons, 1) its like 700 dollars cheaper w/ actual prices 2) I think it compliments the LCD3's talents better, E.g excells where LCD3 is merely good at (sound stage, detail retrieval)  3) HD800 has better resale value 4) HD800 responds to tubes if you ever venture that way.  

I'd only consider the fostex only if I needed a closed headphone, because I think acoustically LCD3 does everything the fostex does better.

Yeah the HD800's soundstage really WOW me but I just afraid that my Bakoon could not drive it so good as the TH900. As they both in similar price. I wish I could have a chance to try the HD800 under my system first. smily_headphones1.gif
post #6 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by archeryc View Post


Yeah the HD800's soundstage really WOW me but I just afraid that my Bakoon could not drive it so good as the TH900. As they both in similar price. I wish I could have a chance to try the HD800 under my system first. smily_headphones1.gif

Check out the headphone lending library :)

post #7 of 59

My opinion... HD800 and TH900

post #8 of 59

Usually open headphones are better than closed.

 

The Sony MDR R10 would be the exception for some , not for others.

 

If you want the BEST current dynamic headphone, go HD800

 

If you want a closed headphone when you need to block the sound coming in/out, go TH900

 

Work out your requirement/preference, and go for it.

post #9 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wink View Post

Usually open headphones are better than closed.

The Sony MDR R10 would be the exception for some , not for others.

If you want the BEST current dynamic headphone, go HD800

If you want a closed headphone when you need to block the sound coming in/out, go TH900

Work out your requirement/preference, and go for it.

In your opinion, what's the best after market cable that suits the HD800 best?
post #10 of 59

I was thinking, I can do with Th900/ Hd800 for most of my listenings when I saw the title but then I was like where does that leave T1 :)

 

It is good to have options


Edited by snapple10 - 9/24/13 at 7:38am
post #11 of 59
Quote:archeryc
 In your opinion, what's the best after market cable that suits the HD800 best?

I have the Blue Dragon, and have done the Anaxilus mod.

 

The general concensus is that the Black Dragon is better.

I am very happy with mine as is.

post #12 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple10 View Post
 

I was thinking, I can leave with Th900/ Hd800 for most of my listenings when I saw the title but then I was like where does that leave T1 :)

 

It is good to have options

 

+1

 
i would personally choose T1 and TH-900. though i've been listening to HD 800 and LCD-3 more than T1 lately.....
post #13 of 59

using T1 at the moment and feeling I can do with only T1 but then  again I felt the same way  with Th900 last night  :biggrin:

post #14 of 59
Thread Starter 
Haha so now what? Should I add T1 as one of the option? :P

I haven't heard the T1 yet, but I assume that the Th900 and HD800 can support more types of music than the T1s...
post #15 of 59
Must as well , lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Please help! Should I get LCD3 with HD800 or LCD3 with TH900?