Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model - Page 454

post #6796 of 6809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuwk Siphon View Post
 

 

Did it get your paper weight to work..?!

 

Yes! Working like a charm now. Bit-streams and charges at the same time.

 

No more 3 hrs battery life when outputting to DAC over WM port.

 

This turns my ZX1 into the digital front end for home listening.

 

Regards

post #6797 of 6809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinche View Post
 

 

Yes! Working like a charm now. Bit-streams and charges at the same time.

 

No more 3 hrs battery life when outputting to DAC over WM port.

 

This turns my ZX1 into the digital front end for home listening.

 

Regards


Good grief, finally a solution to the ZX1 charging and output issue.

 

Can the cable be removed from the BCR-NW10 (is that the same as the BCR-NWH10) to just allow use standalone with a dac, do you think?


Edited by mannp - Yesterday at 4:33 am
post #6798 of 6809
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannp View Post
 


Good grief, finally a solution to the ZX1 charging and output issue.

 

Can the cable be removed from the BCR-NW10 (is that the same as the BCR-NWH10) to just allow use standalone with a dac, do you think?

 

Hi mannp,

 

Hope I havent misunderstood your question. 

 

The cradle (BCR-NWH10) allows you to hook up your ZX1 directly to your DAC (by plain USB B cable, no more adapter NWH10 cable required). You can also hook it up to Sony's portable PHA headphone amps and PC's by using the standard (supplied) usb mirco b cable.   

 

Cheers

post #6799 of 6809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinche View Post
 

 

Hi mannp,

 

Hope I havent misunderstood your question. 

 

The cradle (BCR-NWH10) allows you to hook up your ZX1 directly to your DAC (by plain USB B cable, no more adapter NWH10 cable required). You can also hook it up to Sony's portable PHA headphone amps and PC's by using the standard (supplied) usb mirco b cable.   

 

Cheers

 

Hi Dinche

 

I am currently using the NWH10 adapter cable to connect to my Hugo but the ZX1 loses power in as you say 3-4 hours.

 

If there was a way to inject power to the ZX1 at the same time as getting hd output, then that would go someway to solve the problem.

 

The cradle looks rather large for mobile use, but I was thinking that it may be manufactured like the Xperia phone docks are in that they use a cable which is mounted inside of a plastic casing; and the cable can actually be removed from the casing to use alone.

 

I have not seen the unit and am probably talking rubbish, but thought I would ask anyway.

 

Does that make sense?

 

The diagram below from Sony JP show what I am talking about, but it is not clear how the power is injected if the cable is standalone. That said, their website also shows a pcb inside of the cradle, which may be feeding in the power...

 


Edited by mannp - Yesterday at 5:26 am
post #6800 of 6809
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannp View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinche View Post
 

 

Hi mannp,

 

Hope I havent misunderstood your question. 

 

The cradle (BCR-NWH10) allows you to hook up your ZX1 directly to your DAC (by plain USB B cable, no more adapter NWH10 cable required). You can also hook it up to Sony's portable PHA headphone amps and PC's by using the standard (supplied) usb mirco b cable.   

 

Cheers

 

Hi Dinche

 

I am currently using the NWH10 adapter cable to connect to my Hugo but the ZX1 loses power in as you say 3-4 hours.

 

If there was a way to inject power to the ZX1 at the same time as getting hd output, then that would go someway to solve the problem.

 

The cradle looks rather large for mobile use, but I was thinking that it may be manufactured like the Xperia phone docks are in that they use a cable which is mounted inside of a plastic casing; and the cable can actually be removed from the casing to use alone.

 

I have not seen the unit and am probably talking rubbish, but thought I would ask anyway.

 

Does that make sense?

 

The diagram below from Sony JP show what I am talking about, but it is not clear how the power is injected if the cable is standalone. That said, their website also shows a pcb inside of the cradle, which may be feeding in the power...

 

There is a power input for a ac adapter to feed power, if you need to know the price it's 14,750 Yen

 


Edited by kms108 - Yesterday at 7:53 am
post #6801 of 6809
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurix67 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinche View Post
 


 Hi,

 

Has anyone saved this update file to post it somewhere. The download link is down v1.14.002 and the available one through the different link v1.14.000 is not being recognised by zx1. I tried on both windows and mac and its not working.

 

v 1.14.002 please anyone?

 

Regards

Hello everyone!

At your request, post the link to the firmware file 1.14.002. Installation in Windows.

http://dropmefiles.com/EiVT2

Powered by the European version of the player exactly the rest try!

Good Luck!


Many thanks. Update to 1.14 worked perfectly.
post #6802 of 6809
I recently bought the Zx1, liking it so far.
What exactly is the Clear Audio +, so far I find its got more texture and intricate timbre in the high and low frequency.
It makes the music lively, whereas the vocals sound a little off and the sound stage is not as wide.

What's your finding..
post #6803 of 6809
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuter View Post

I recently bought the Zx1, liking it so far.
What exactly is the Clear Audio +, so far I find its got more texture and intricate timbre in the high and low frequency.
It makes the music lively, whereas the vocals sound a little off and the sound stage is not as wide.

What's your finding..

That is an automatic preset EQ from Sony :-)... Good that you like it...I dont. I have ZX2 though. I also learn a few tricks too, and there is one trick to work with ZX1...it originated here though, and works with ZX2 as well

Increase the volume output. 3x louder...turn your volumes....wayssss down before proceed ?

1/ setting
2/ apps
3/ swipe left to "all" tab
4/ scroll 75% downward
5/ click Sound Adjustemtn
6/ disable

biggrin.gif
post #6804 of 6809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitigir View Post

That is an automatic preset EQ from Sony :-)... Good that you like it...I dont. I have ZX2 though. I also learn a few tricks too, and there is one trick to work with ZX1...it originated here though, and works with ZX2 as well

Increase the volume output. 3x louder...turn your volumes....wayssss down before proceed ?

1/ setting
2/ apps
3/ swipe left to "all" tab
4/ scroll 75% downward
5/ click Sound Adjustemtn
6/ disable

biggrin.gif

That worked, wow.
I didn't even have to reboot
post #6805 of 6809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitigir View Post


That is an automatic preset EQ from Sony :-)... Good that you like it...I dont. I have ZX2 though. I also learn a few tricks too, and there is one trick to work with ZX1...it originated here though, and works with ZX2 as well

Increase the volume output. 3x louder...turn your volumes....wayssss down before proceed ?

1/ setting
2/ apps
3/ swipe left to "all" tab
4/ scroll 75% downward
5/ click Sound Adjustemtn
6/ disable

biggrin.gif

 

 

Hi Whitigir,

 

After do this adjustment can we go back to original setting?

 

Thanks in advance

post #6806 of 6809
Quote:
Originally Posted by croqui View Post


Hi Whitigir,

After do this adjustment can we go back to original setting?

Thanks in advance

Yes, just remember those steps, and scroll all the way to the bottom as the app is disabled, you will find it there, enable it. Then reboot your device to have the app fully working correctly again
post #6807 of 6809
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannp View Post
 

 

Hi Dinche

 

I am currently using the NWH10 adapter cable to connect to my Hugo but the ZX1 loses power in as you say 3-4 hours.

 

If there was a way to inject power to the ZX1 at the same time as getting hd output, then that would go someway to solve the problem.

 

The cradle looks rather large for mobile use, but I was thinking that it may be manufactured like the Xperia phone docks are in that they use a cable which is mounted inside of a plastic casing; and the cable can actually be removed from the casing to use alone.

 

I have not seen the unit and am probably talking rubbish, but thought I would ask anyway.

 

Does that make sense?

 

The diagram below from Sony JP show what I am talking about, but it is not clear how the power is injected if the cable is standalone. That said, their website also shows a pcb inside of the cradle, which may be feeding in the power...

 


Hi,

 

Understand what you are after now.

 

Unfortunately no, it cannot be detached. There's a a PCB wiithin this unit (with the additional capacitors) in the power supply chain.

 

Regards

post #6808 of 6809
Didn't really need the volume boost mode on jh13.
What I'am missing is clear audio + with the mod
post #6809 of 6809
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuter View Post

Didn't really need the volume boost mode on jh13.
What I'am missing is clear audio + with the mod

Reverse the steps, and reboot :-)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model