Why does the device haven't a coaxial input, there is a lot of new DAPs like Ibasso dx50 & fiio x3 with coaxial output.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productADL X1tagged by dbsaffor, 10/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- ADL-X1 Alpha Design Labs X1 24/192 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier, new in box Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:55am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Recommendation - on Portable Headphone Amps/DAC Last post on 10/6/13 at 12:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Recommendations for iPhone 5 DAC/AMP setup Last post on 1/31/15 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iPods and External DACs Last post on 1/16/15 at 4:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [NEW PRODUCT] ADL Furutech X1 - The iDevice DACs Coming Thick and Fast Last post on 5/27/15 at 5:23am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC: A New Portable 24/192 USB/iDevice/Android DAC & Amp - Page 2
Very nice looking unit with a great set of features. Love the battery lifespan. The box size is still very manageable. I'm not inclined to a balanced potable setup but if it's only a question of recabling my phones then this makes it a possibility. I love my other Cypher labs products except for the wall warts. I'm peeved the 720 needs a wall wart to recharge and would have liked it to recharge via USB as well but I do really appreciate the thought they have put into the wall wart itself. It packs flat, it's (kinda) small and has a shiny red cable.
Sadly, I'm an IEM guy - as must be a huge segment of the possible market for this device - so the noise floor is a deal breaker to me.
The fact that it's not available in silver is just extra reason for me to stay aloof.
I really, really want one though. This is very close to the feature set I want in my portable idevice.
No iems? Bummer.
iDevice is great for portable, ultimate portable is iem for me.
Would love to get excited but it's just not happening.
Why do you never talk about VentureCraft products? They're available to the international market and offer similar features to the M8 and 720 as well as other unique functionality (such as the TT which is a portable DAC/Amp with tubes).
Well at least Jude mentioned the VERZA, and to be honest, I think the M8 and CLT720 are on a tier above VC/V-MODA, as least in terms of configurations, power, battery, and price. VC is aimming for technical advancement like portable tubes with the TT, or master quality source of DSD and up conversion with the SounDroid Typhoon, vs. CEntrance and Cypher Labs on improving existing tech and SQ. However, like a lot of other poeple have said before, if CEntrance can pull off 24/96 native res for their M8, which the T720 can only do 16/48, then it will change the game completely.
Looks nice. It is a shame it does not do well with ultra high sensitivity iems, but it's crazy that something like this is even allowed to exist in terms of people are buying it and it's a product that is viable in the current market. Pretty awesome.
Emailed David instead. Below is an excerpt. Super quick replying btw
The DAC section is basically the same as the Solo -dB, both will process 24/192 on computers and some android devices. Apple devices are more limited, but still very high quality with 24/96 on iPad2 and above, 16/48 on other Apple devices. You can also use a FLAC player app on the iOS devices (not Classic). I have a blog on this topic somewhere on the website.
The audio quality is in my opinion better than the Solo -dB + any other portable amp. Maybe I should make an analog amp to go with the Solo -dB. :-)
I have more reviews in the works.
I have a lot of amps here and the goal was to be the best.
- Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC: A New Portable 24/192 USB/iDevice/Android DAC & Amp
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 42 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 6 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3