Why does the device haven't a coaxial input, there is a lot of new DAPs like Ibasso dx50 & fiio x3 with coaxial output.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productADL X1tagged by dbsaffor, 10/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- ADL-X1 Alpha Design Labs X1 24/192 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier, new in box Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:55am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Recommendation - on Portable Headphone Amps/DAC Last post on 10/6/13 at 12:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Recommendations for iPhone 5 DAC/AMP setup Last post on 1/31/15 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iPods and External DACs Last post on 1/16/15 at 4:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [NEW PRODUCT] ADL Furutech X1 - The iDevice DACs Coming Thick and Fast Last post on 2/26/15 at 9:18am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
thinksound rain2 - A mini Review Firstly, I'd like to thank @d marc0 for including me on this tour. It's always a great experience and privilege to be a part of such a great community which...
Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC: A New Portable 24/192 USB/iDevice/Android DAC & Amp - Page 2
Very nice looking unit with a great set of features. Love the battery lifespan. The box size is still very manageable. I'm not inclined to a balanced potable setup but if it's only a question of recabling my phones then this makes it a possibility. I love my other Cypher labs products except for the wall warts. I'm peeved the 720 needs a wall wart to recharge and would have liked it to recharge via USB as well but I do really appreciate the thought they have put into the wall wart itself. It packs flat, it's (kinda) small and has a shiny red cable.
Sadly, I'm an IEM guy - as must be a huge segment of the possible market for this device - so the noise floor is a deal breaker to me.
The fact that it's not available in silver is just extra reason for me to stay aloof.
I really, really want one though. This is very close to the feature set I want in my portable idevice.
No iems? Bummer.
iDevice is great for portable, ultimate portable is iem for me.
Would love to get excited but it's just not happening.
Why do you never talk about VentureCraft products? They're available to the international market and offer similar features to the M8 and 720 as well as other unique functionality (such as the TT which is a portable DAC/Amp with tubes).
Well at least Jude mentioned the VERZA, and to be honest, I think the M8 and CLT720 are on a tier above VC/V-MODA, as least in terms of configurations, power, battery, and price. VC is aimming for technical advancement like portable tubes with the TT, or master quality source of DSD and up conversion with the SounDroid Typhoon, vs. CEntrance and Cypher Labs on improving existing tech and SQ. However, like a lot of other poeple have said before, if CEntrance can pull off 24/96 native res for their M8, which the T720 can only do 16/48, then it will change the game completely.
Looks nice. It is a shame it does not do well with ultra high sensitivity iems, but it's crazy that something like this is even allowed to exist in terms of people are buying it and it's a product that is viable in the current market. Pretty awesome.
Emailed David instead. Below is an excerpt. Super quick replying btw
The DAC section is basically the same as the Solo -dB, both will process 24/192 on computers and some android devices. Apple devices are more limited, but still very high quality with 24/96 on iPad2 and above, 16/48 on other Apple devices. You can also use a FLAC player app on the iOS devices (not Classic). I have a blog on this topic somewhere on the website.
The audio quality is in my opinion better than the Solo -dB + any other portable amp. Maybe I should make an analog amp to go with the Solo -dB. :-)
I have more reviews in the works.
I have a lot of amps here and the goal was to be the best.
- Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC: A New Portable 24/192 USB/iDevice/Android DAC & Amp
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 59 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500 2 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › [WTS] JH13 Freqphase Custom IEM 5 minutes ago
- › I tried to avoid a new thread but...DAC -up to 300 5 minutes ago
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by moedawg140
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › FLC Technology FLC8 by jk47
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2