Why does the device haven't a coaxial input, there is a lot of new DAPs like Ibasso dx50 & fiio x3 with coaxial output.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productADL X1tagged by dbsaffor, 10/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- ADL-X1 Alpha Design Labs X1 24/192 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier, new in box Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:55am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Recommendation - on Portable Headphone Amps/DAC Last post on 10/6/13 at 12:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Recommendations for iPhone 5 DAC/AMP setup Last post on 1/31/15 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iPods and External DACs Last post on 1/16/15 at 4:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [NEW PRODUCT] ADL Furutech X1 - The iDevice DACs Coming Thick and Fast Last post on 2/26/15 at 9:18am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC: A New Portable 24/192 USB/iDevice/Android DAC & Amp - Page 2
Very nice looking unit with a great set of features. Love the battery lifespan. The box size is still very manageable. I'm not inclined to a balanced potable setup but if it's only a question of recabling my phones then this makes it a possibility. I love my other Cypher labs products except for the wall warts. I'm peeved the 720 needs a wall wart to recharge and would have liked it to recharge via USB as well but I do really appreciate the thought they have put into the wall wart itself. It packs flat, it's (kinda) small and has a shiny red cable.
Sadly, I'm an IEM guy - as must be a huge segment of the possible market for this device - so the noise floor is a deal breaker to me.
The fact that it's not available in silver is just extra reason for me to stay aloof.
I really, really want one though. This is very close to the feature set I want in my portable idevice.
No iems? Bummer.
iDevice is great for portable, ultimate portable is iem for me.
Would love to get excited but it's just not happening.
Why do you never talk about VentureCraft products? They're available to the international market and offer similar features to the M8 and 720 as well as other unique functionality (such as the TT which is a portable DAC/Amp with tubes).
Well at least Jude mentioned the VERZA, and to be honest, I think the M8 and CLT720 are on a tier above VC/V-MODA, as least in terms of configurations, power, battery, and price. VC is aimming for technical advancement like portable tubes with the TT, or master quality source of DSD and up conversion with the SounDroid Typhoon, vs. CEntrance and Cypher Labs on improving existing tech and SQ. However, like a lot of other poeple have said before, if CEntrance can pull off 24/96 native res for their M8, which the T720 can only do 16/48, then it will change the game completely.
Looks nice. It is a shame it does not do well with ultra high sensitivity iems, but it's crazy that something like this is even allowed to exist in terms of people are buying it and it's a product that is viable in the current market. Pretty awesome.
Emailed David instead. Below is an excerpt. Super quick replying btw
The DAC section is basically the same as the Solo -dB, both will process 24/192 on computers and some android devices. Apple devices are more limited, but still very high quality with 24/96 on iPad2 and above, 16/48 on other Apple devices. You can also use a FLAC player app on the iOS devices (not Classic). I have a blog on this topic somewhere on the website.
The audio quality is in my opinion better than the Solo -dB + any other portable amp. Maybe I should make an analog amp to go with the Solo -dB. :-)
I have more reviews in the works.
I have a lot of amps here and the goal was to be the best.
- Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC: A New Portable 24/192 USB/iDevice/Android DAC & Amp
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 18 year old with questions regarding purchasing quality headphones 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Nuforce HA-200: High performance, Single Ended, Class-A Headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 6 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 6 minutes ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: January 24th 2015 - Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2