Why does the device haven't a coaxial input, there is a lot of new DAPs like Ibasso dx50 & fiio x3 with coaxial output.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productADL X1tagged by dbsaffor, 10/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- ADL-X1 Alpha Design Labs X1 24/192 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier, new in box Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:55am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Recommendation - on Portable Headphone Amps/DAC Last post on 10/6/13 at 12:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Recommendations for iPhone 5 DAC/AMP setup Last post on 1/31/15 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iPods and External DACs Last post on 1/16/15 at 4:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [NEW PRODUCT] ADL Furutech X1 - The iDevice DACs Coming Thick and Fast Last post on 5/27/15 at 5:23am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC: A New Portable 24/192 USB/iDevice/Android DAC & Amp - Page 2
Very nice looking unit with a great set of features. Love the battery lifespan. The box size is still very manageable. I'm not inclined to a balanced potable setup but if it's only a question of recabling my phones then this makes it a possibility. I love my other Cypher labs products except for the wall warts. I'm peeved the 720 needs a wall wart to recharge and would have liked it to recharge via USB as well but I do really appreciate the thought they have put into the wall wart itself. It packs flat, it's (kinda) small and has a shiny red cable.
Sadly, I'm an IEM guy - as must be a huge segment of the possible market for this device - so the noise floor is a deal breaker to me.
The fact that it's not available in silver is just extra reason for me to stay aloof.
I really, really want one though. This is very close to the feature set I want in my portable idevice.
No iems? Bummer.
iDevice is great for portable, ultimate portable is iem for me.
Would love to get excited but it's just not happening.
Why do you never talk about VentureCraft products? They're available to the international market and offer similar features to the M8 and 720 as well as other unique functionality (such as the TT which is a portable DAC/Amp with tubes).
Well at least Jude mentioned the VERZA, and to be honest, I think the M8 and CLT720 are on a tier above VC/V-MODA, as least in terms of configurations, power, battery, and price. VC is aimming for technical advancement like portable tubes with the TT, or master quality source of DSD and up conversion with the SounDroid Typhoon, vs. CEntrance and Cypher Labs on improving existing tech and SQ. However, like a lot of other poeple have said before, if CEntrance can pull off 24/96 native res for their M8, which the T720 can only do 16/48, then it will change the game completely.
Looks nice. It is a shame it does not do well with ultra high sensitivity iems, but it's crazy that something like this is even allowed to exist in terms of people are buying it and it's a product that is viable in the current market. Pretty awesome.
Emailed David instead. Below is an excerpt. Super quick replying btw
The DAC section is basically the same as the Solo -dB, both will process 24/192 on computers and some android devices. Apple devices are more limited, but still very high quality with 24/96 on iPad2 and above, 16/48 on other Apple devices. You can also use a FLAC player app on the iOS devices (not Classic). I have a blog on this topic somewhere on the website.
The audio quality is in my opinion better than the Solo -dB + any other portable amp. Maybe I should make an analog amp to go with the Solo -dB. :-)
I have more reviews in the works.
I have a lot of amps here and the goal was to be the best.
- Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC: A New Portable 24/192 USB/iDevice/Android DAC & Amp
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 1 minute ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 1 minute ago
- › AKG K553 Pro vs Audio Technica M50X vs Philips Fidelio L1 1 minute ago
- › Why tubes but no equalization? 1 minute ago
- › Objectivists board room 1 minute ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 3 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 7 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2