Why does the device haven't a coaxial input, there is a lot of new DAPs like Ibasso dx50 & fiio x3 with coaxial output.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productADL X1tagged by dbsaffor, 10/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- ADL-X1 Alpha Design Labs X1 24/192 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier, new in box Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:55am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Recommendation - on Portable Headphone Amps/DAC Last post on 10/6/13 at 12:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Recommendations for iPhone 5 DAC/AMP setup Last post on 1/31/15 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iPods and External DACs Last post on 1/10/16 at 5:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [NEW PRODUCT] ADL Furutech X1 - The iDevice DACs Coming Thick and Fast Last post on 1/18/16 at 8:44am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 12/22/15
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC: A New Portable 24/192 USB/iDevice/Android DAC & Amp - Page 2
Very nice looking unit with a great set of features. Love the battery lifespan. The box size is still very manageable. I'm not inclined to a balanced potable setup but if it's only a question of recabling my phones then this makes it a possibility. I love my other Cypher labs products except for the wall warts. I'm peeved the 720 needs a wall wart to recharge and would have liked it to recharge via USB as well but I do really appreciate the thought they have put into the wall wart itself. It packs flat, it's (kinda) small and has a shiny red cable.
Sadly, I'm an IEM guy - as must be a huge segment of the possible market for this device - so the noise floor is a deal breaker to me.
The fact that it's not available in silver is just extra reason for me to stay aloof.
I really, really want one though. This is very close to the feature set I want in my portable idevice.
No iems? Bummer.
iDevice is great for portable, ultimate portable is iem for me.
Would love to get excited but it's just not happening.
Why do you never talk about VentureCraft products? They're available to the international market and offer similar features to the M8 and 720 as well as other unique functionality (such as the TT which is a portable DAC/Amp with tubes).
Well at least Jude mentioned the VERZA, and to be honest, I think the M8 and CLT720 are on a tier above VC/V-MODA, as least in terms of configurations, power, battery, and price. VC is aimming for technical advancement like portable tubes with the TT, or master quality source of DSD and up conversion with the SounDroid Typhoon, vs. CEntrance and Cypher Labs on improving existing tech and SQ. However, like a lot of other poeple have said before, if CEntrance can pull off 24/96 native res for their M8, which the T720 can only do 16/48, then it will change the game completely.
Looks nice. It is a shame it does not do well with ultra high sensitivity iems, but it's crazy that something like this is even allowed to exist in terms of people are buying it and it's a product that is viable in the current market. Pretty awesome.
Emailed David instead. Below is an excerpt. Super quick replying btw
The DAC section is basically the same as the Solo -dB, both will process 24/192 on computers and some android devices. Apple devices are more limited, but still very high quality with 24/96 on iPad2 and above, 16/48 on other Apple devices. You can also use a FLAC player app on the iOS devices (not Classic). I have a blog on this topic somewhere on the website.
The audio quality is in my opinion better than the Solo -dB + any other portable amp. Maybe I should make an analog amp to go with the Solo -dB. :-)
I have more reviews in the works.
I have a lot of amps here and the goal was to be the best.
- Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC: A New Portable 24/192 USB/iDevice/Android DAC & Amp
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 37 seconds ago
- › Westone W80 43 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 50 seconds ago
- › I'm riding this audio wave, but now I can see the sharks. 52 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo issue solutions thread. 52 seconds ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 1 minute ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Trinity Audio - PHANTOM AIR - The worlds FIRST tuneable truly... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 7 Will Revolutionize Portable Audio for the First Time in a... 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...