So I purchased a modded pair of ATH-M50's from SoundProfessionals. They now have a removable cable but I was wondering is it worth it to try and find a good cable to use with these? Would purchasing a third party cable improve the sound quality? If so what companies make good male to male audio cables?
Related Forum Threads
- ath-m50s now what Last post on Yesterday at 8:54 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 Gaming Performance question. Last post on 12/5/13 at 9:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50s Review Last post on 11/30/13 at 2:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones in iphone vs Laptop Last post on 11/24/13 at 10:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 380 Pro's versus Audio Technica ATH-M50's. Last post on 11/13/13 at 1:03am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/6/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
ATH-M50 modded, which cable to use?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 28/21/13 at 10:47am
The argument goes round and round about cables improving sound quality. All I will advise is instead of going for sound quality improvements with a cable look at it more like a hobby addition. If you want a cool-looking cable go for it, but I doubt anyone can show me a measurement proving that a cable drastically improves the sound quality.
We can argue opinions all day, but unless I see repeatable measurements showing to the contrary cables just do not make a big difference.
For me it is more about the hobby once I have a setup I trust. All of my gear has been measured so any further "upgrades" are more for the fun of the hobby and getting the sound signature I want to hear in my music.Return Home
- ATH-M50 modded, which cable to use?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Like New Ortofon e-q5 iem - silver 24 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 34 seconds ago
- › Do I just plug a headphone amp into the stereo's headphone socket? 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 3 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X1 or Sennheiser Momentum? 6 minutes ago
- › New HD 800 very different than the old HD 800 8 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi