So I purchased a modded pair of ATH-M50's from SoundProfessionals. They now have a removable cable but I was wondering is it worth it to try and find a good cable to use with these? Would purchasing a third party cable improve the sound quality? If so what companies make good male to male audio cables?
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? Last post on 4/23/14 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH-440 w/HPAEC840 pads vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 4/24/14 at 1:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
ATH-M50 modded, which cable to use?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The argument goes round and round about cables improving sound quality. All I will advise is instead of going for sound quality improvements with a cable look at it more like a hobby addition. If you want a cool-looking cable go for it, but I doubt anyone can show me a measurement proving that a cable drastically improves the sound quality.
We can argue opinions all day, but unless I see repeatable measurements showing to the contrary cables just do not make a big difference.
For me it is more about the hobby once I have a setup I trust. All of my gear has been measured so any further "upgrades" are more for the fun of the hobby and getting the sound signature I want to hear in my music.
- ATH-M50 modded, which cable to use?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 41 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 41 seconds ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 48 seconds ago
- › I truly believe these are one of the best Classical Music... 57 seconds ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 1 minute ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 3 minutes ago
- › Dac/amp for Grado sr325e 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 3 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Guarding oneself against insurance fraud
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3