So I purchased a modded pair of ATH-M50's from SoundProfessionals. They now have a removable cable but I was wondering is it worth it to try and find a good cable to use with these? Would purchasing a third party cable improve the sound quality? If so what companies make good male to male audio cables?
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? Last post on 4/23/14 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH-440 w/HPAEC840 pads vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 4/24/14 at 1:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for the strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
ATH-M50 modded, which cable to use?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The argument goes round and round about cables improving sound quality. All I will advise is instead of going for sound quality improvements with a cable look at it more like a hobby addition. If you want a cool-looking cable go for it, but I doubt anyone can show me a measurement proving that a cable drastically improves the sound quality.
We can argue opinions all day, but unless I see repeatable measurements showing to the contrary cables just do not make a big difference.
For me it is more about the hobby once I have a setup I trust. All of my gear has been measured so any further "upgrades" are more for the fun of the hobby and getting the sound signature I want to hear in my music.
- ATH-M50 modded, which cable to use?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Help finding the right cans for people with Tinnitus 47 seconds ago
- › Help me for the best movie-sound headphone........ I have DT 770... 1 minute ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 1 minute ago
- › Beats by Dre question, could you like them if.. 1 minute ago
- › CnC machine + plastic cutting bit = Baffle cutting win ? 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-400 with Focus Pads 3 minutes ago
- › MS-2 (MS-2i) appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › SummitFi EDM Rig - Studio Six vs Liquid Gold vs BHSE / LCD X vs LCD... 4 minutes ago
- › Custom IEM Review: Hidition NT-6 Pro – Clear & Precise Fun 6 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)