So I purchased a modded pair of ATH-M50's from SoundProfessionals. They now have a removable cable but I was wondering is it worth it to try and find a good cable to use with these? Would purchasing a third party cable improve the sound quality? If so what companies make good male to male audio cables?
Related Forum Threads
- Which ATH M50 to get ? Last post on Yesterday at 1:26 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? Last post on 4/23/14 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
So I got these real cheap, I thought what the heck for $15 I can't go wrong.....I was wrong. Well they are listenable, I hardly call them a gaming headphone besides the mic built in, explosions...
ATH-M50 modded, which cable to use?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The argument goes round and round about cables improving sound quality. All I will advise is instead of going for sound quality improvements with a cable look at it more like a hobby addition. If you want a cool-looking cable go for it, but I doubt anyone can show me a measurement proving that a cable drastically improves the sound quality.
We can argue opinions all day, but unless I see repeatable measurements showing to the contrary cables just do not make a big difference.
For me it is more about the hobby once I have a setup I trust. All of my gear has been measured so any further "upgrades" are more for the fun of the hobby and getting the sound signature I want to hear in my music.
- ATH-M50 modded, which cable to use?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 39 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Sound Blaster Z > Magni > DT990 , will Fiio D03k make a difference? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 9 minutes ago
- › Official X3 firmware 3.30--M3U playlists, 5-band EQ. Merry Christmas! 9 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 10 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)