Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Light Harmonic GEEK
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Light Harmonic GEEK - Page 73

post #1081 of 1367

IMO, talking about size/cost/performance/features GO is hard to beat.

 

Better, IF they resolve the Bugs out.

post #1082 of 1367
How does the Geek Out fare next to the iDSD Micro?
I just saw the playback abilities it has and it surpasses those of the Geek Out. I only know of 1 DSD256 album though, let alone any in DSD512.
post #1083 of 1367

During early of this year, LH was mentioning of a DSD256 possibility thru firmware upgrade but needs testing.

 

Who knows.... 

post #1084 of 1367
How do i up sample to 384k with Jriver?
post #1085 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam50000 View Post

How do i up sample to 384k with Jriver?


Tools -> Audio tab -> under Settings -> DSP & Output format -> Output format -> There you can set the sample frequency for the corresponding input frequency,

post #1086 of 1367

Better yet instead of changing the Sample Rate all to 384k why not upsample everything to DSD128 in the output encoding...:bigsmile_face:

 

Change Output encoding to: 2xDSD in DoP format

 

 

 

Will result like this:

 

Input is 24/192 flac. Output is DSD128

 

post #1087 of 1367
Thanks, both of you ^_^
post #1088 of 1367
So apparently my GO 720 finally shipped after numerous emails and a couple of tickets opened. Don't know why it was such an arduous process, but it was...
post #1089 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by kugino View Post

So apparently my GO 720 finally shipped after numerous emails and a couple of tickets opened. Don't know why it was such an arduous process, but it was...

I pre-ordered a blue GO 720 in March.  The only email update I received was a generic update email in May or June.  I finally opened a ticket a couple of weeks and found out there are no more blue GO 720 units, they will only come in black.  Manny promptly sent me a black 720 which I got last week.

post #1090 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahorn View Post
 

I pre-ordered a blue GO 720 in March.  The only email update I received was a generic update email in May or June.  I finally opened a ticket a couple of weeks and found out there are no more blue GO 720 units, they will only come in black.  Manny promptly sent me a black 720 which I got last week.


that sounds about right. i originally ordered the green, but only when i opened a ticket was i told that black was the only color available. and i wondered why no one contacted me to tell me that only the black was availalbe...and why did i have to open a ticket just to get the black one, which apparently was in stock? </endrant>

post #1091 of 1367
Do you think it has anything to do with their new found focus for milking the crowd funding cash cow?

Why bother with fixing the firmware which may cause hearing damage when they were so kind to include that warning on the geek out? After all they are simply doing us a favor, by stating on the label that their device may cause hearing damage. This should preclude them from any backlash shouldn't it?

Why bother letting anyone know that although they were promised certain colors that they only have black? Is it possible that they needed additional time to fulfill the production demand and thought that they would be able to buy additional time to catch up on orders? Or is it possible that their focus on nickel and diming the audiophile community took up most of their time, it is possible that it was a genuine mistake and oversight.

Let us see what Friday brings.
post #1092 of 1367

Hi,

 

For color, the major consideration is the M.O.Q of anodization factory here. We are forced to pick the most popular color and assign one color for one model to meet the M.O.Q

 

Sorry to say, even with our hard work to promote and trying hard to make the production volume big enough. But audiophile market's size seems not so attractive for the manufacturers.

This is not IF I want to do it, it is about IF they want to accept our purchase order under 100 pieces. 

 

Cheers,

 

Larry

post #1093 of 1367
Looking forward to the updated driver release on Friday Larry. I for one haven't even used my GO as it has been collecting dust for over a month since I received it. I refuse to damage my ears, my ciems/iems nor would I even consider selling my GO until such time that the volume issue is addressed.

From what I have been reading on the LH Forum is it true that this will finally be fixed with a firmware update this Friday?
post #1094 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Ho View Post

Hi,

For color, the major consideration is the M.O.Q of anodization factory here. We are forced to pick the most popular color and assign one color for one model to meet the M.O.Q

Sorry to say, even with our hard work to promote and trying hard to make the production volume big enough. But audiophile market's size seems not so attractive for the manufacturers.
This is not IF I want to do it, it is about IF they want to accept our purchase order under 100 pieces. 

Cheers,

Larry
It's only a color, people. We're not wearing it.

And if you have been involved with manufacturing, indeed, our "audiophile" hobby is small volumes and at the mercy of manufacturers.

I sympathize with Larry and LH. Next time just follow Henry Ford. Black only!

Meanwhile I'm enjoying my GO1000. Even if it had come in pink with purple dots.
post #1095 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Ho View Post
 

Hi,

 

For color, the major consideration is the M.O.Q of anodization factory here. We are forced to pick the most popular color and assign one color for one model to meet the M.O.Q

 

Sorry to say, even with our hard work to promote and trying hard to make the production volume big enough. But audiophile market's size seems not so attractive for the manufacturers.

This is not IF I want to do it, it is about IF they want to accept our purchase order under 100 pieces. 

 

Cheers,

 

Larry

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelai57 View Post


It's only a color, people. We're not wearing it.

And if you have been involved with manufacturing, indeed, our "audiophile" hobby is small volumes and at the mercy of manufacturers.

I sympathize with Larry and LH. Next time just follow Henry Ford. Black only!

Meanwhile I'm enjoying my GO1000. Even if it had come in pink with purple dots.

i could care less about the color. that's not the issue. the issue is why, when people are ordering other colors, are they not being told that black is the only color available? why does it take opening multiple tickets for information to flow to the customer? when it was known that only black was going to be available, why weren't all the backers of the 720 told about it? THAT's the issue. i could care less whether they had pink or green or whatever color. it's the lack of communication that's quite frankly, terrible.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Light Harmonic GEEK