New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FAQ and Advice of X3

post #1 of 158
Thread Starter 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #2 of 158

Hi James, will ReplayGain capability be considered for the X3?

 

Thank you for the thread :)

post #3 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

 

So you guys means the gapless should work in more condition ? 

 

james you have a beautifully constructed product with superb sound. but gapless does not work i'm afraid. on the x3 i have gapless feature switched 'on'. 32gb tf card inserted with all my music ripped as 320 mp3. playing from 'category' (although it should not matter where it is played from). for a product to advertise gapless support, an album should be heard without 'gaps'. the same tf card used in my clip+ (rockbox) albums play gapless without problem. and also the same files loaded onto a ipod play gapless and have done for years.

 

on the x3, i hear a small 'pop' or 'click' between tracks. yes it is a small noise but it is still a noise frown.gif for an album to be heard truly gapless. you should not be able to tell for example, when track 9 ends and track 10 starts. it should be seamless just like if playing that same album on a regular cd player.

post #4 of 158
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarn View Post

Hi James, will ReplayGain capability be considered for the X3?

 

Thank you for the thread :)

 

 

already support gain control in X3.

post #5 of 158
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabetagaga View Post

 

james you have a beautifully constructed product with superb sound. but gapless does not work i'm afraid. on the x3 i have gapless feature switched 'on'. 32gb tf card inserted with all my music ripped as 320 mp3. playing from 'category' (although it should not matter where it is played from). for a product to advertise gapless support, an album should be heard without 'gaps'. the same tf card used in my clip+ (rockbox) albums play gapless without problem. and also the same files loaded onto a ipod play gapless and have done for years.

 

on the x3, i hear a small 'pop' or 'click' between tracks. yes it is a small noise but it is still a noise frown.giffor an album to be heard truly gapless. you should not be able to tell for example, when track 9 ends and track 10 starts. it should be seamless just like if playing that same album on a regular cd player.

 

sorry, we will try our best to fix it

post #6 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

 

 

already support gain control in X3.

Hi James, I was referring to this functionality: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReplayGain; files with such ID3 tags will become softer/louder depending on the set values if the DAP supports it.

post #7 of 158
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarn View Post

Hi James, I was referring to this functionality: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReplayGain; files with such ID3 tags will become softer/louder depending on the set values if the DAP supports it.

 

 

I see, will discuss it with our engineers .

post #8 of 158

Originally Posted by KeepItOn View Post
 

  • Menu structure under "Category/Genre/%<chosen genre>%" should show a list of albums (grouped by artist) of that genre.

 

Not sure what it should be , any DAPs carry this feature?

I'm referring to the behavior of Squeezeplay (product: slimdevices/Logitech Squeezebox) which is not a portable DAP, actually. I can also find it in the much-loved PowerAmp and Neutron MP on Android. I find it a lot more useful than a huge list of songs belonging to a certain genre. Like in Rockbox, there could be a "dummy album" on top of the list of albums, like "Play All Songs" which then would mean the user wants to play all songs out of albums belonging to the chosen genre. This would retain the functionality as it is right now  for those who want it that way.

 

  • Sorting the "Category/Album" list should not just work alphabetically, but for example be grouped by artist / sorted by year -> alphabet or alphabet only

 

Thanks, but need more feedback from other users, personally I think people have different idea about this.

It's more a convenient way of displaying the list. Show the artist with a small font like a group header followed by a list of her/his/their albums with normal font size, slightly indent. And sort it by artist name. Icing on the cake: sort albums within the group by year.

 

  • Quick fade out/-in when going into seek, continue playing within a song, pause (let's say 100-200ms)

 

Thanks, but need more feedback from other users, personally I think people have different idea about this.

This is only meant as a way to make the "go-out-of-playing" i.e. stopping-audio process a little less abrupt. If you make it short enough (okay 40-80ms then), only the "click" sound would disappear and I can't imagine someone complaining about that ;-). I don't want a general fade in/-out! Just in the cases mentioned above.

 

  • Resume on power-on in pause mode, so the user would have to (re-)start playback

 

Thanks, but need more feedback from other users, personally I think people have different idea about this.

Just add another option to the menu: "Position | Track | Track paused | Off". No harm done :-)


Wishful thinking:

  • Intelligent/dynamic playlist(s). Based on Genre/Rating/Year/... with a memory for recently played tracks/artists (i.e. "don't play the same track twice within 24h and don't play tracks by the same artist within 10 songs" The user would only save the settings, so if the library content changes it would automatically adapt.

 

Sorry, it is a good idea but out of our ability right now.

I thought so. Thanks for reading it anyway!

 

Regarding ReplayGain: Oh yes, my vote for it! The implementation I liked best so far is in Rockbox, Foobar2000 and PowerAmp (Android).

post #9 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

 

 

I see, will discuss it with our engineers .

 

Thanks James!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItOn View Post

Regarding ReplayGain: Oh yes, my vote for it! The implementation I liked best so far is in Rockbox, Foobar2000 and PowerAmp (Android).

 

Sweet! I also use these programs too! ^_^

post #10 of 158

I have a suggestion. Since the vol+ and vol- buttons are unused while browsing files, could you consider to add a fast scrolling function? If we could scroll 10 files at once with these buttons it would make easier to browse through the songs for those of us who chose to stick with a single HUGE directory. This could be a nice palliative until the quirks with the file browser on 64GB cards are resolved and the ID3 tags on m4a files are finally readable.

post #11 of 158

How does one buy the black skin if you live in the US?

 

Thanks

post #12 of 158

Hi James,

 

would it be possible to change the display of the storage options in the "Browse Files" menu in a way, that you don´t have to choose internal memory or sd card anymore, but that it instead displays both contents in one list? Should be a firmware thing and doable, right? 

 

Just asking because it gets annoying to have that extra unnecessary step there. Thx :)

post #13 of 158

Just received my X3 and it's an excellent player!

 

One suggestion for the library function, i'm sorting all my music by Album Artist, so i easily can listen to compilations, and albums with collaboration tracks don't get split into several artist sections. So the suggestion is, if it could be possible to include sort by album artist and then the albums below that in future firmwares.

 

Regards

 

Simon


Edited by Psymon - 8/12/13 at 3:53am
post #14 of 158
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psymon View Post

Just received my X3 and it's an excellent player!

 

One suggestion for the library function, i'm sorting all my music by Album Artist, so i easily can listen to compilations, and albums with collaboration tracks don't get split into several artist sections. So the suggestion is, if it could be possible to include sort by album artist and then the albums below that in future firmwares.

 

Regards

 

Simon

 

 

yes, the future firmwre will support artist---album

post #15 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

 

 

yes, the future firmwre will support artist---album


What is your estimated release date?

 

Nice to see such strong involvement in the forum from a manufacturer.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FiiO