I saw the headphone lounge cable. I usually buy Whiplash or DHC, but I do not want to put 300$ in a cable for a 900$ iem. However, call me shallow, but I am not a fan of the looks / finish of the headphone lounge silver cable. I find the Silver Dragon to have an (apparently) better finish, and the price difference is minimal.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by piercer, 8/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) Last post on Yesterday at 9:38 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 9/6/15 at 10:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 7/13/16 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
I have a pair of EarTech Music Quads that I felt were worthy of a better cable. In particular I was hoping an aftermarket, high end cable would bring some missing "air" and resolution, more...
Hi, I'm new to this head-fi community and this would be my first headphone review here at head-fi. Other headphones I've owned and listened to so far would be the Sennheiser hd239, px100, rha...
Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 83
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I gave a new try to all filter with the ZX1, to my surprise the (so far) very disappointing neutral filter is probably an even better fit than the bright. Fuller sound, just a little more balanced and less transparent. Although I love the crazy shivery transparency and details of the bright filter, the ZX1 renders details so well it's the first time the bright filter is fatiguing for me after 2 hours or so (at moderate listening level). I never liked the neutral filter with Touch 5G and FiiO E18, but the extra details, soundstage and dynamic range from the ZX1 is changing the game for me. I need to do so more listening of different genres, but first 2h are really interesting.
It's all about source and filters with the SE846, I like the flexibility of the system really!
I also tried the bright filter for a while after reading posts here and I really enjoy the nice lift in the treble but I just switched back and I believe that's the one for me and that at the end Shure is probably right to call it the neutral filter. But I can see why many would prefer the bright one.
Before I had the ZX1 frankly the neutral filter was a total fail, I liked the warm for its laid back character and more emphasis on mediums, and used the bright the most for its transparency and shivery (but never hot) treble. I am rather a warmer sound kind of guy so that suprised me. Neutral was kind of a let down for me. I tried it several times but never liked it. I did a lot of source/filter trials. Bright came out on top, with the warm used for late listening sessions for its soothing character. With the ZX1, the warm filter is curiously not as pleasing, the bright is exciting but tiring and the neutral seem to strike the balance I expected from its name. Maybe burn-in is also a factor with 400+ hours now on my SE846.
I guess with different sound sig from sources, filters will have a different expression so to speak. It's a combo, you have to try the filter with your source, I gave neutral a chance with ZX1 even though I had bad experience with it from day one and I don't regret it.
Edited by davidmolliere - 2/22/14 at 11:27am
Objectively the bright one is the neutral filter and the others are warm and dark.
Note the GoldenEars measurements are on a recent batch, ie no phase issue and as such less suck out through that range. Highlights that the bass is a whee high BUT there are no iems that are closer to the target curve... period. Add that it's easier to eq out a single shelf than many spikes and the 846 is a very easy iem to get what you want out of.
Edited by Solude - 2/22/14 at 3:41pm
I have SE535 and was wondering if you all are using Objective DAC/O2 Amp combo at unity gain setting with SE846. There is no source quite like it, it is transparent. What is crazy is that I've compared with other DACs, and I can hear O2 outputting better sound sourced from Objective DAC. Didn't know you can actually hear a difference with DACs. Do you guys know of a portable DAC/Amp that can be up to that level of transparency?
Edited by SilverEars - 2/23/14 at 12:26am
- Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
- › Singxer SU-1 2 seconds ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 22 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 24 seconds ago
- › Advice Wanted: Amp For Beyerdynamic T1 54 seconds ago
- › Blox B320, Blue De'mun earbuds 1 minute ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 1 minute ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear