I saw the headphone lounge cable. I usually buy Whiplash or DHC, but I do not want to put 300$ in a cable for a 900$ iem. However, call me shallow, but I am not a fan of the looks / finish of the headphone lounge silver cable. I find the Silver Dragon to have an (apparently) better finish, and the price difference is minimal.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by piercer, 8/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- MUIX IX3000: A collaboration between Golden Ears and iSOUND Last post on 12/3/14 at 9:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from IE800 Last post on 12/19/14 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE 800 at $600 vs AKG K3003 at $900 vs Shure se846 at $715 Last post on 11/2/14 at 12:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Soundstage in an IEM?... Last post on 12/19/14 at 5:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Keeping IEM's in desk drawer Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 83
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I gave a new try to all filter with the ZX1, to my surprise the (so far) very disappointing neutral filter is probably an even better fit than the bright. Fuller sound, just a little more balanced and less transparent. Although I love the crazy shivery transparency and details of the bright filter, the ZX1 renders details so well it's the first time the bright filter is fatiguing for me after 2 hours or so (at moderate listening level). I never liked the neutral filter with Touch 5G and FiiO E18, but the extra details, soundstage and dynamic range from the ZX1 is changing the game for me. I need to do so more listening of different genres, but first 2h are really interesting.
It's all about source and filters with the SE846, I like the flexibility of the system really!
I also tried the bright filter for a while after reading posts here and I really enjoy the nice lift in the treble but I just switched back and I believe that's the one for me and that at the end Shure is probably right to call it the neutral filter. But I can see why many would prefer the bright one.
Before I had the ZX1 frankly the neutral filter was a total fail, I liked the warm for its laid back character and more emphasis on mediums, and used the bright the most for its transparency and shivery (but never hot) treble. I am rather a warmer sound kind of guy so that suprised me. Neutral was kind of a let down for me. I tried it several times but never liked it. I did a lot of source/filter trials. Bright came out on top, with the warm used for late listening sessions for its soothing character. With the ZX1, the warm filter is curiously not as pleasing, the bright is exciting but tiring and the neutral seem to strike the balance I expected from its name. Maybe burn-in is also a factor with 400+ hours now on my SE846.
I guess with different sound sig from sources, filters will have a different expression so to speak. It's a combo, you have to try the filter with your source, I gave neutral a chance with ZX1 even though I had bad experience with it from day one and I don't regret it.
Edited by davidmolliere - 2/22/14 at 11:27am
Objectively the bright one is the neutral filter and the others are warm and dark.
Note the GoldenEars measurements are on a recent batch, ie no phase issue and as such less suck out through that range. Highlights that the bass is a whee high BUT there are no iems that are closer to the target curve... period. Add that it's easier to eq out a single shelf than many spikes and the 846 is a very easy iem to get what you want out of.
Edited by Solude - 2/22/14 at 3:41pm
I have SE535 and was wondering if you all are using Objective DAC/O2 Amp combo at unity gain setting with SE846. There is no source quite like it, it is transparent. What is crazy is that I've compared with other DACs, and I can hear O2 outputting better sound sourced from Objective DAC. Didn't know you can actually hear a difference with DACs. Do you guys know of a portable DAC/Amp that can be up to that level of transparency?
Edited by SilverEars - 2/23/14 at 12:26am
- Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
- › Band Name Game II 2 seconds ago
- › post your grado mods.... 13 seconds ago
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › Tokyo Headphone Festival presented by FUJIYA AVIC, October 25-26,... 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Review 6 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 7 minutes ago
- › Need help on choosing the proper IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 8 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)