I saw the headphone lounge cable. I usually buy Whiplash or DHC, but I do not want to put 300$ in a cable for a 900$ iem. However, call me shallow, but I am not a fan of the looks / finish of the headphone lounge silver cable. I find the Silver Dragon to have an (apparently) better finish, and the price difference is minimal.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by piercer, 8/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) Last post on Today at 8:24 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 2/28/15 at 9:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 3/26/15 at 8:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 83
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I gave a new try to all filter with the ZX1, to my surprise the (so far) very disappointing neutral filter is probably an even better fit than the bright. Fuller sound, just a little more balanced and less transparent. Although I love the crazy shivery transparency and details of the bright filter, the ZX1 renders details so well it's the first time the bright filter is fatiguing for me after 2 hours or so (at moderate listening level). I never liked the neutral filter with Touch 5G and FiiO E18, but the extra details, soundstage and dynamic range from the ZX1 is changing the game for me. I need to do so more listening of different genres, but first 2h are really interesting.
It's all about source and filters with the SE846, I like the flexibility of the system really!
I also tried the bright filter for a while after reading posts here and I really enjoy the nice lift in the treble but I just switched back and I believe that's the one for me and that at the end Shure is probably right to call it the neutral filter. But I can see why many would prefer the bright one.
Before I had the ZX1 frankly the neutral filter was a total fail, I liked the warm for its laid back character and more emphasis on mediums, and used the bright the most for its transparency and shivery (but never hot) treble. I am rather a warmer sound kind of guy so that suprised me. Neutral was kind of a let down for me. I tried it several times but never liked it. I did a lot of source/filter trials. Bright came out on top, with the warm used for late listening sessions for its soothing character. With the ZX1, the warm filter is curiously not as pleasing, the bright is exciting but tiring and the neutral seem to strike the balance I expected from its name. Maybe burn-in is also a factor with 400+ hours now on my SE846.
I guess with different sound sig from sources, filters will have a different expression so to speak. It's a combo, you have to try the filter with your source, I gave neutral a chance with ZX1 even though I had bad experience with it from day one and I don't regret it.
Edited by davidmolliere - 2/22/14 at 11:27am
Objectively the bright one is the neutral filter and the others are warm and dark.
Note the GoldenEars measurements are on a recent batch, ie no phase issue and as such less suck out through that range. Highlights that the bass is a whee high BUT there are no iems that are closer to the target curve... period. Add that it's easier to eq out a single shelf than many spikes and the 846 is a very easy iem to get what you want out of.
Edited by Solude - 2/22/14 at 3:41pm
I have SE535 and was wondering if you all are using Objective DAC/O2 Amp combo at unity gain setting with SE846. There is no source quite like it, it is transparent. What is crazy is that I've compared with other DACs, and I can hear O2 outputting better sound sourced from Objective DAC. Didn't know you can actually hear a difference with DACs. Do you guys know of a portable DAC/Amp that can be up to that level of transparency?
Edited by SilverEars - 2/23/14 at 12:26am
- Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
- › Music Game IX 29 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › It is odd but not peculiar... 3 minutes ago
- › FS/FT Hifiman he-6 with audeze vegan pads fuzzor/grill mod 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › Help planning my first sitting room hi-fi setup 9 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 10 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 10 minutes ago
- › Meridian Director DAC: Anyone here own one? 12 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)