I saw the headphone lounge cable. I usually buy Whiplash or DHC, but I do not want to put 300$ in a cable for a 900$ iem. However, call me shallow, but I am not a fan of the looks / finish of the headphone lounge silver cable. I find the Silver Dragon to have an (apparently) better finish, and the price difference is minimal.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productShure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphonetagged by piercer, 8/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- amp for se846? Last post on 9/20/14 at 7:49am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best UIEM to run with Last post on 9/23/14 at 9:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears' New Way Of Making Custom In-Ear Monitors - Head-Fi TV Last post on 9/23/14 at 4:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacing HD-650's with IEM's for travelling Last post on 9/27/14 at 2:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 or Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 8/31/14 at 10:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
Shure SE846 Impressions Thread - Page 83
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I gave a new try to all filter with the ZX1, to my surprise the (so far) very disappointing neutral filter is probably an even better fit than the bright. Fuller sound, just a little more balanced and less transparent. Although I love the crazy shivery transparency and details of the bright filter, the ZX1 renders details so well it's the first time the bright filter is fatiguing for me after 2 hours or so (at moderate listening level). I never liked the neutral filter with Touch 5G and FiiO E18, but the extra details, soundstage and dynamic range from the ZX1 is changing the game for me. I need to do so more listening of different genres, but first 2h are really interesting.
It's all about source and filters with the SE846, I like the flexibility of the system really!
I also tried the bright filter for a while after reading posts here and I really enjoy the nice lift in the treble but I just switched back and I believe that's the one for me and that at the end Shure is probably right to call it the neutral filter. But I can see why many would prefer the bright one.
Before I had the ZX1 frankly the neutral filter was a total fail, I liked the warm for its laid back character and more emphasis on mediums, and used the bright the most for its transparency and shivery (but never hot) treble. I am rather a warmer sound kind of guy so that suprised me. Neutral was kind of a let down for me. I tried it several times but never liked it. I did a lot of source/filter trials. Bright came out on top, with the warm used for late listening sessions for its soothing character. With the ZX1, the warm filter is curiously not as pleasing, the bright is exciting but tiring and the neutral seem to strike the balance I expected from its name. Maybe burn-in is also a factor with 400+ hours now on my SE846.
I guess with different sound sig from sources, filters will have a different expression so to speak. It's a combo, you have to try the filter with your source, I gave neutral a chance with ZX1 even though I had bad experience with it from day one and I don't regret it.
Edited by davidmolliere - 2/22/14 at 11:27am
Objectively the bright one is the neutral filter and the others are warm and dark.
Note the GoldenEars measurements are on a recent batch, ie no phase issue and as such less suck out through that range. Highlights that the bass is a whee high BUT there are no iems that are closer to the target curve... period. Add that it's easier to eq out a single shelf than many spikes and the 846 is a very easy iem to get what you want out of.
Edited by Solude - 2/22/14 at 3:41pm
I have SE535 and was wondering if you all are using Objective DAC/O2 Amp combo at unity gain setting with SE846. There is no source quite like it, it is transparent. What is crazy is that I've compared with other DACs, and I can hear O2 outputting better sound sourced from Objective DAC. Didn't know you can actually hear a difference with DACs. Do you guys know of a portable DAC/Amp that can be up to that level of transparency?
Edited by SilverEars - 2/23/14 at 12:26am
- Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 5 seconds ago
- › Recording SPIDF Audio to PC? 8 seconds ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 14 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 20 seconds ago
- › Comparisons: 22 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 38 seconds ago
- › Need help choosing the right pair for a variety of genres, like... 50 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 2 minutes ago
- › Birthday present for me!! Budget 600$ Headphone/amp/dac setup for... 2 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)