Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread - Page 41

post #601 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by robm321 View Post
 

I liked the SQ on the M500s much better than the P7. The isolation is about the same which is kind of poor. 

I'd suggest your seal wasn't ideal. Actually I find the P7s about as good as it gets of the headphones that I've tried. But between the two, they are 1 and 1A for me with regards to sound quality.

post #602 of 920

OK i got the Kef m500 today, two days delivery from amazon.

 

Let's start with saying that they don't slip as much as i was scared they would.Their clamp is fine and they are absolutely ok to walk around or twist the head (i have average/small head).

 

They look FANTASTIC! Really, guys, these headphone are real beauties (and they are probably one of the best looking headphones i've ever seen (classy and modern at the same time). The construction quality is sturdy and even the case is looking good and it should offer good protection.

 

 

 I had the chance to test them briefly in my lunch break and the sound seems to match the look: The sound VERY VERY,VERY good.

I can't wait to go back home and give them a good listening.

 

Maybe they will have a special place in my headphones collection :beyersmile:

 

At the moment very happy with the purchase;) 


Edited by HarlanDraka81 - 11/12/13 at 7:02am
post #603 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

I'd suggest your seal wasn't ideal. Actually I find the P7s about as good as it gets of the headphones that I've tried. But between the two, they are 1 and 1A for me with regards to sound quality.

 

You're probably right. Not only that, but I listened to them in a pretty loud environment where the M500s have almost always been in a quiet environment. I compared the P7s to the Momentums at the time and preferred the Momentums, but it seems some really like sound of the P7, so maybe I should give them another listen. 

post #604 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by robm321 View Post
 

 

You're probably right. Not only that, but I listened to them in a pretty loud environment where the M500s have almost always been in a quiet environment. I compared the P7s to the Momentums at the time and preferred the Momentums, but it seems some really like sound of the P7, so maybe I should give them another listen. 

 

When I first tried the P7s it was in a fairly loud environment and I didn't have a good seal. They sounded like crap. I tried a second time and they sounded fantastic, much better than the Momentum. 

post #605 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlanDraka81 View Post
 

OK i got the Kef m500 today, two days delivery from amazon.

 

Let's start with saying that they don't slip as much as i was scared they would.Their clamp is fine and they are absolutely ok to walk around or twist the head (i have average/small head).

 

They look FANTASTIC! Really, guys, these headphone are real beauties (and they are probably one of the best looking headphones i've ever seen (classy and modern at the same time). The construction quality is sturdy and even the case is looking good and it should offer good protection.

 

 

 I had the chance to test them briefly in my lunch break and the sound seems to match the look: The sound VERY VERY,VERY good.

I can't wait to go back home and give them a good listening.

 

Maybe they will have a special place in my headphones collection :beyersmile:

 

At the moment very happy with the purchase;) 


Well done, they get even better with burn-in. I have grown more in love with my KEF's since pairing them with an ibasso DX50, they sound amazing and are more than capable of revealing the extra detail and clarity in high definition recordings. They really are a very special set of cans. I am already setting aside some spends in anticipation of KEF releasing a full size can.

post #606 of 920
So for the longest time I've always thought that the m500 had an odd low frequency murkiness, but today I tried my ipod touch 2nd gen line out dock to the fiio e11 (a combo I never thought would sound good) and I was actually really impressed. The resolution and clarity was finally up to par and the sound was really immersive even with the low bit rate songs that i had on that ipod touch from pre head-fi days. I really need to update the music on the ipod and give it a go with better music.

Oh yeah and given how mediocre of a rig this is i can only imagine what a higher end source and dac will do.
post #607 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknet View Post

So for the longest time I've always thought that the m500 had an odd low frequency murkiness, but today I tried my ipod touch 2nd gen line out dock to the fiio e11 (a combo I never thought would sound good) and I was actually really impressed. The resolution and clarity was finally up to par and the sound was really immersive even with the low bit rate songs that i had on that ipod touch from pre head-fi days. I really need to update the music on the ipod and give it a go with better music.

Oh yeah and given how mediocre of a rig this is i can only imagine what a higher end source and dac will do.

I recommend ripping your cds to flac, sticking them on a micro card then investing in an ibasso dx50. Absolute nirvana.
post #608 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by subseasniper View Post


I recommend ripping your cds to flac, sticking them on a micro card then investing in an ibasso dx50. Absolute nirvana.

 

I can imagine that they would sound amazing off of the DX50.

 

I know that they sound amazing off of the Colorfly C3 + C&C BH combo. Anyone else out there running the M500's off of the C3/BH?

 

Down the road I hopefully will find out how amazing they sound off of the X5 :)

post #609 of 920

Wondering if anyone is can give a comparison between the KEF M500, Shure SRH-1540, Sony MDR-7520 and the NAD Viso HP50?

 

Apart from Shure, all the headphones are about the same $300 range. All are light weight and appear to be comfortable. 

 

The Shure headphones are $200 more expensive; it's got carbon fiber cups with alcantara pads and its over the ears. The materials, comfort and sound signature might worth the additional costs.

 

The least amount of info I've got is on the Sony MDR-7520. The most is the KEF M500.

 

The reason I bring these up is they are closed portable cans, with low impedance that can be driven by a portable iDevice or something similar.

 

Finding it difficult to narrow down the list.

post #610 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by subseasniper View Post

I recommend ripping your cds to flac, sticking them on a micro card then investing in an ibasso dx50. Absolute nirvana.

Dude if I had the money for that, I would in a heart beat, but those dx50s are a bit pricey and I still need to save up for an earphone. I might get it assuming I abandon the earphone, but if the hifiman hm700 or e18 are any good i might look into one of those.
post #611 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknet View Post


Dude if I had the money for that, I would in a heart beat, but those dx50s are a bit pricey and I still need to save up for an earphone. I might get it assuming I abandon the earphone, but if the hifiman hm700 or e18 are any good i might look into one of those.


I would recommend abandoning the search for new earphones. I was always chasing new cans or IEM's, thinking they would bump up the sound level and, whilst they do to a certain extent, buying a hi-res player has totally thrown me into hi-fi orbit. I can't recommend it enough, I have totally chilled out on scouting for new cans for the time being (wife breathes a sigh of relief). Well, until KEF drop their full size cans, that is!

post #612 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknet View Post


Dude if I had the money for that, I would in a heart beat, but those dx50s are a bit pricey and I still need to save up for an earphone. I might get it assuming I abandon the earphone, but if the hifiman hm700 or e18 are any good i might look into one of those.

DX50 pricey?  The DX50 is at a great price point for what it does.  Are you thinking of the DX100?

post #613 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen68 View Post
 

DX50 pricey?  The DX50 is at a great price point for what it does.  Are you thinking of the DX100?

 

Hey, when I started on head-fi 1.5 years ago, the $50 E11 I got seemed expensive.

 

I don't have any more money now than I did then, but now for some reason that seems like chump change.

 

Moral of the story: this is a dangerous place. :D

post #614 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

Hey, when I started on head-fi 1.5 years ago, the $50 E11 I got seemed expensive.

 

I don't have any more money now than I did then, but now for some reason that seems like chump change.

 

Moral of the story: this is a dangerous place. :D

 

No doubt. I remember when I drooled over $200 headphones.  Now they are $1,800.

post #615 of 920
Waiting for m500 @ Black Friday!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread