I just joined this site because I need help deciding on some headphones. I am new as you can see to this whole headphone thing. My dad owns a pair of the Beats with the powered bass which are pretty sweet but I hear they are overrated and way too expensive. Also if anyone knows of other good pairs around the same price let me know. A lot of it comes down to opinion and I understand that. I just want to get a general idea about what most people prefer Right now I am interested in the Audio-Technica ATH-50 and the V-MODA Crossfade LP. I have read a bunch of reviews on both and both have a bunch of great reviews. I listen to mostly Metal, Rock, Scremo and sometimes Dubstep and Rap. I want something that had great clear crisp sound when I am listening to metal, rock, scremo ect. I also want it to have a good amount of bass for when I do listen to Dubstep and Rap. I am also very anal when it comes to comfort. So I am also looking for something that is pretty comfortable for long period use. Thanks for any help you all can give.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/28/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/13
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 7/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs V-MODA Crossfade LP (Please Help) Last post on 7/29/13 at 9:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50S vs. V-MODA Crossfade LP Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphone Last post on 7/30/12 at 5:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Quick question... V-Moda Cross LP for $100 or Audio-Technica ATH-M50 fro $160? Last post on 1/9/12 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Krk 6400's or ATH-M50's Last post on 2/7/12 at 11:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Appreciation of the ATH-M50's Last post on 4/29/12 at 10:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs V-MODA Crossfade LP (Please Help)
Poll Results: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs V-MODA Crossfade LP
66% (2)Audio-Technica ATH-M50
0% (0)V-MODA Crossfade LP
33% (1)Other (Please type in the comments which pair you are suggesting)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
First of all. Beats aren't even an option. I've listened to both of these headphones and I own the m50's. The m50's are the one you want. Don't be worried about people saying it doesn't have any bass. The bass is powerful, controlled and clear. Not like the muddy beats. Best bang for your buck. Plus, they look 10 times better than those hideous crossfades.
May I know your budget? If you ask me to choose one of the above mentioned headphones, I would rather go for the V-Modas Crossfade LPs for better build and more airy presentation to me and the bass is better controlled than the ATH-M50 to me.
I do not quite like the ATH-M50 boomy bass and it bleeds in my opinion. Soundstage are really bad as well. I would only suggest it for hip hop.
Other than those two, feel free to look into the UE6000
Hope it helps!
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs V-MODA Crossfade LP (Please Help)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 48 seconds ago
- › Looking for a high-end all-in-one upgrade recommendation. 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000's 4 minutes ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DB-2, the Boomslang 2 with dual dacs and 24/196 input. 1st... 9 minutes ago
- › Interest Check / Trading Down: SE846 + Silver Litz Cable 10 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 11 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)