I just joined this site because I need help deciding on some headphones. I am new as you can see to this whole headphone thing. My dad owns a pair of the Beats with the powered bass which are pretty sweet but I hear they are overrated and way too expensive. Also if anyone knows of other good pairs around the same price let me know. A lot of it comes down to opinion and I understand that. I just want to get a general idea about what most people prefer Right now I am interested in the Audio-Technica ATH-50 and the V-MODA Crossfade LP. I have read a bunch of reviews on both and both have a bunch of great reviews. I listen to mostly Metal, Rock, Scremo and sometimes Dubstep and Rap. I want something that had great clear crisp sound when I am listening to metal, rock, scremo ect. I also want it to have a good amount of bass for when I do listen to Dubstep and Rap. I am also very anal when it comes to comfort. So I am also looking for something that is pretty comfortable for long period use. Thanks for any help you all can give.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/28/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/13
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 7/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs V-MODA Crossfade LP (Please Help) Last post on 7/29/13 at 9:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50S vs. V-MODA Crossfade LP Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphone Last post on 7/30/12 at 5:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Quick question... V-Moda Cross LP for $100 or Audio-Technica ATH-M50 fro $160? Last post on 1/9/12 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Krk 6400's or ATH-M50's Last post on 2/7/12 at 11:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Appreciation of the ATH-M50's Last post on 4/29/12 at 10:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs V-MODA Crossfade LP (Please Help)
Poll Results: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs V-MODA Crossfade LP
66% (2)Audio-Technica ATH-M50
0% (0)V-MODA Crossfade LP
33% (1)Other (Please type in the comments which pair you are suggesting)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
First of all. Beats aren't even an option. I've listened to both of these headphones and I own the m50's. The m50's are the one you want. Don't be worried about people saying it doesn't have any bass. The bass is powerful, controlled and clear. Not like the muddy beats. Best bang for your buck. Plus, they look 10 times better than those hideous crossfades.
May I know your budget? If you ask me to choose one of the above mentioned headphones, I would rather go for the V-Modas Crossfade LPs for better build and more airy presentation to me and the bass is better controlled than the ATH-M50 to me.
I do not quite like the ATH-M50 boomy bass and it bleeds in my opinion. Soundstage are really bad as well. I would only suggest it for hip hop.
Other than those two, feel free to look into the UE6000
Hope it helps!
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs V-MODA Crossfade LP (Please Help)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Meier Corda Rock 23 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Marantz HD-DAC1 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5DAC USB DAC Headphone Amplifier World Tour --Reviewers Wanted. 3 minutes ago
- › Viva Egoista 845 SET Tube amplifier 10K Headphone Masterpiece 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 5 minutes ago
- › Reversible AKG K701 bass mod 6 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 7 minutes ago
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3