I just joined this site because I need help deciding on some headphones. I am new as you can see to this whole headphone thing. My dad owns a pair of the Beats with the powered bass which are pretty sweet but I hear they are overrated and way too expensive. Also if anyone knows of other good pairs around the same price let me know. A lot of it comes down to opinion and I understand that. I just want to get a general idea about what most people prefer Right now I am interested in the Audio-Technica ATH-50 and the V-MODA Crossfade LP. I have read a bunch of reviews on both and both have a bunch of great reviews. I listen to mostly Metal, Rock, Scremo and sometimes Dubstep and Rap. I want something that had great clear crisp sound when I am listening to metal, rock, scremo ect. I also want it to have a good amount of bass for when I do listen to Dubstep and Rap. I am also very anal when it comes to comfort. So I am also looking for something that is pretty comfortable for long period use. Thanks for any help you all can give.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/28/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/13
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 7/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs V-MODA Crossfade LP (Please Help) Last post on 7/29/13 at 9:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50S vs. V-MODA Crossfade LP Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphone Last post on 7/30/12 at 5:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Quick question... V-Moda Cross LP for $100 or Audio-Technica ATH-M50 fro $160? Last post on 1/9/12 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Krk 6400's or ATH-M50's Last post on 2/7/12 at 11:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Appreciation of the ATH-M50's Last post on 4/29/12 at 10:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs V-MODA Crossfade LP (Please Help)
Poll Results: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs V-MODA Crossfade LP
3 Total Votes
66% (2)Audio-Technica ATH-M50
0% (0)V-MODA Crossfade LP
33% (1)Other (Please type in the comments which pair you are suggesting)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 37/28/13 at 10:58pm
First of all. Beats aren't even an option. I've listened to both of these headphones and I own the m50's. The m50's are the one you want. Don't be worried about people saying it doesn't have any bass. The bass is powerful, controlled and clear. Not like the muddy beats. Best bang for your buck. Plus, they look 10 times better than those hideous crossfades.post #3 of 37/29/13 at 2:29am
May I know your budget? If you ask me to choose one of the above mentioned headphones, I would rather go for the V-Modas Crossfade LPs for better build and more airy presentation to me and the bass is better controlled than the ATH-M50 to me.
I do not quite like the ATH-M50 boomy bass and it bleeds in my opinion. Soundstage are really bad as well. I would only suggest it for hip hop.
Other than those two, feel free to look into the UE6000
Hope it helps!
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs V-MODA Crossfade LP (Please Help)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 14 seconds ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread,... 16 seconds ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 18 seconds ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 minutes ago
- › For Sale or Trade: Refurbished Audio Technica ESW9 5 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob