Hey I will be moving from my old dying HD 598 to a new DT 990. I haven't bought it yet so I came here to ask for advice. I don't want to go all the way out to audition headphones, so I'll just ask here if the DT 990 sounds better than the HD 598. I listen to a little bit of pop songs and also progressive, I say a little bit cause I do most of pop songs on my phone. On my desktop usually, I listen to these types of music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHsFIv8VA7w as its good study music :D And I do study alot. I also listen to some wind orchestras as I am in one myself.
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 7/27/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 7/27/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 7/27/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 7/27/13
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 7/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Gaming: HD 598, DT 990, Q 701 or others? Last post on 7/8/14 at 7:39pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD598 + Ultrasone Hfi-780 for your Beyerdynamic Dt880 or Dt990 Last post on 7/27/13 at 1:08pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Changing PC350 SE for either Beyerdynamic DT880 vs DT 990 vs Sennheiser HD 598 Last post on 6/15/13 at 11:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Should I buy a Sennheiser hd 598 or Beyerdynaics DT990 Last post on 4/29/13 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of the following headphones complement my DT990 best? Last post on 11/8/12 at 3:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
How does the DT 990 sound over my HD 598?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you do not have a true headphone amplifier, then do not get the DT990s
I'm assuming your using the motherboard's on-board audio?
I found a fiio e11 and ad900 for cheap too!. So will an ad900 + e11 or dt 990 + e11 sound any better than my hd 598? (with e11 of course) Thanks :D
The DT990 are full bass & full treble, that overshadows the mids a little, but the mids are clear.
I'm going to guess the ATH-AD900s will have a "warmer" sound, compared to the HD598s
Also the AD900s should easily work plugged straight into the phone
The Fiio E11 can easily drive 250-Ohm (DT990) headphones.
The Fiio E11 low impedance is a benefit for driving the AD900s, from the PC
What price is the AD900 & E11 going for?
180 USD for both ( converted from my countries currency.) Used of course. About the same for dt 990s, used too. I think im going for the ad900s. For my music preferences do you think thats better than the dt 990s?
For the situation, the AD900/E11 combo seems like a better choice.
And you can plug the AD900s straight into the phone and not have to use the E11 amp (optional).
On your desktop PC, might think of getting an Asus Xonar DG sound card, chances are the DG's DAC is better then the motherboard's DAC.
And a used Xonar DG is usually low costing.
- How does the DT 990 sound over my HD 598?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears 1 minute ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › DC/MD/VA meet, Feb or March 2015, tbd 2 minutes ago
- › Looking to buy a pair of headphones that succeed the ATH-WS55's. 3 minutes ago
- › New Steven Wilson album in February! 3 minutes ago
- › Odd Nichicon Capacitor - Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)