Hey I will be moving from my old dying HD 598 to a new DT 990. I haven't bought it yet so I came here to ask for advice. I don't want to go all the way out to audition headphones, so I'll just ask here if the DT 990 sounds better than the HD 598. I listen to a little bit of pop songs and also progressive, I say a little bit cause I do most of pop songs on my phone. On my desktop usually, I listen to these types of music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHsFIv8VA7w as its good study music :D And I do study alot. I also listen to some wind orchestras as I am in one myself.
Related Forum Threads
- Gaming: HD 598, DT 990, Q 701 or others? Last post on 7/8/14 at 7:39pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD598 + Ultrasone Hfi-780 for your Beyerdynamic Dt880 or Dt990 Last post on 7/27/13 at 1:08pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Changing PC350 SE for either Beyerdynamic DT880 vs DT 990 vs Sennheiser HD 598 Last post on 6/15/13 at 11:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Should I buy a Sennheiser hd 598 or Beyerdynaics DT990 Last post on 4/29/13 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of the following headphones complement my DT990 best? Last post on 11/8/12 at 3:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
How does the DT 990 sound over my HD 598?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you do not have a true headphone amplifier, then do not get the DT990s
I'm assuming your using the motherboard's on-board audio?
I found a fiio e11 and ad900 for cheap too!. So will an ad900 + e11 or dt 990 + e11 sound any better than my hd 598? (with e11 of course) Thanks :D
The DT990 are full bass & full treble, that overshadows the mids a little, but the mids are clear.
I'm going to guess the ATH-AD900s will have a "warmer" sound, compared to the HD598s
Also the AD900s should easily work plugged straight into the phone
The Fiio E11 can easily drive 250-Ohm (DT990) headphones.
The Fiio E11 low impedance is a benefit for driving the AD900s, from the PC
What price is the AD900 & E11 going for?
180 USD for both ( converted from my countries currency.) Used of course. About the same for dt 990s, used too. I think im going for the ad900s. For my music preferences do you think thats better than the dt 990s?
For the situation, the AD900/E11 combo seems like a better choice.
And you can plug the AD900s straight into the phone and not have to use the E11 amp (optional).
On your desktop PC, might think of getting an Asus Xonar DG sound card, chances are the DG's DAC is better then the motherboard's DAC.
And a used Xonar DG is usually low costing.
- How does the DT 990 sound over my HD 598?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ATH A900x 5 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 13 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Looking at Grado GR10E 2 minutes ago
- › Lime Ears appreciation, discussion, and review thread - introducing... 2 minutes ago
- › Are Sony MDR-F1 worth anything? 2 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 firmware version 1.22beta download and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2