Hey I will be moving from my old dying HD 598 to a new DT 990. I haven't bought it yet so I came here to ask for advice. I don't want to go all the way out to audition headphones, so I'll just ask here if the DT 990 sounds better than the HD 598. I listen to a little bit of pop songs and also progressive, I say a little bit cause I do most of pop songs on my phone. On my desktop usually, I listen to these types of music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHsFIv8VA7w as its good study music :D And I do study alot. I also listen to some wind orchestras as I am in one myself.
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 7/27/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 7/27/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 7/27/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 7/27/13
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 7/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Gaming: HD 598, DT 990, Q 701 or others? Last post on 7/8/14 at 7:39pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD598 + Ultrasone Hfi-780 for your Beyerdynamic Dt880 or Dt990 Last post on 7/27/13 at 1:08pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Changing PC350 SE for either Beyerdynamic DT880 vs DT 990 vs Sennheiser HD 598 Last post on 6/15/13 at 11:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Should I buy a Sennheiser hd 598 or Beyerdynaics DT990 Last post on 4/29/13 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of the following headphones complement my DT990 best? Last post on 11/8/12 at 3:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
How does the DT 990 sound over my HD 598?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you do not have a true headphone amplifier, then do not get the DT990s
I'm assuming your using the motherboard's on-board audio?
I found a fiio e11 and ad900 for cheap too!. So will an ad900 + e11 or dt 990 + e11 sound any better than my hd 598? (with e11 of course) Thanks :D
The DT990 are full bass & full treble, that overshadows the mids a little, but the mids are clear.
I'm going to guess the ATH-AD900s will have a "warmer" sound, compared to the HD598s
Also the AD900s should easily work plugged straight into the phone
The Fiio E11 can easily drive 250-Ohm (DT990) headphones.
The Fiio E11 low impedance is a benefit for driving the AD900s, from the PC
What price is the AD900 & E11 going for?
180 USD for both ( converted from my countries currency.) Used of course. About the same for dt 990s, used too. I think im going for the ad900s. For my music preferences do you think thats better than the dt 990s?
For the situation, the AD900/E11 combo seems like a better choice.
And you can plug the AD900s straight into the phone and not have to use the E11 amp (optional).
On your desktop PC, might think of getting an Asus Xonar DG sound card, chances are the DG's DAC is better then the motherboard's DAC.
And a used Xonar DG is usually low costing.
- How does the DT 990 sound over my HD 598?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 10 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › worst date stories 1 minute ago
- › Car Cassette Deck adaptors...? 1 minute ago
- › Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones 2 minutes ago
- › double post, please delete 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 4 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)