Hey I will be moving from my old dying HD 598 to a new DT 990. I haven't bought it yet so I came here to ask for advice. I don't want to go all the way out to audition headphones, so I'll just ask here if the DT 990 sounds better than the HD 598. I listen to a little bit of pop songs and also progressive, I say a little bit cause I do most of pop songs on my phone. On my desktop usually, I listen to these types of music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHsFIv8VA7w as its good study music :D And I do study alot. I also listen to some wind orchestras as I am in one myself.
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 7/27/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 7/27/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 7/27/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 7/27/13
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 7/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Gaming: HD 598, DT 990, Q 701 or others? Last post on 7/8/14 at 7:39pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD598 + Ultrasone Hfi-780 for your Beyerdynamic Dt880 or Dt990 Last post on 7/27/13 at 1:08pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Changing PC350 SE for either Beyerdynamic DT880 vs DT 990 vs Sennheiser HD 598 Last post on 6/15/13 at 11:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Should I buy a Sennheiser hd 598 or Beyerdynaics DT990 Last post on 4/29/13 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of the following headphones complement my DT990 best? Last post on 11/8/12 at 3:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
My comprehensive review of the Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones BURN-IN TIME - Took about 3-4 days to burn in so maybe 12 or so hours for me Upon receiving these as a gift for my birthday (so I...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music and sound equipment but I...
Brace yourself... Pardon any grammatical errors please as this is one of my longer reviews. Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be...
How does the DT 990 sound over my HD 598?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you do not have a true headphone amplifier, then do not get the DT990s
I'm assuming your using the motherboard's on-board audio?
I found a fiio e11 and ad900 for cheap too!. So will an ad900 + e11 or dt 990 + e11 sound any better than my hd 598? (with e11 of course) Thanks :D
The DT990 are full bass & full treble, that overshadows the mids a little, but the mids are clear.
I'm going to guess the ATH-AD900s will have a "warmer" sound, compared to the HD598s
Also the AD900s should easily work plugged straight into the phone
The Fiio E11 can easily drive 250-Ohm (DT990) headphones.
The Fiio E11 low impedance is a benefit for driving the AD900s, from the PC
What price is the AD900 & E11 going for?
180 USD for both ( converted from my countries currency.) Used of course. About the same for dt 990s, used too. I think im going for the ad900s. For my music preferences do you think thats better than the dt 990s?
For the situation, the AD900/E11 combo seems like a better choice.
And you can plug the AD900s straight into the phone and not have to use the E11 amp (optional).
On your desktop PC, might think of getting an Asus Xonar DG sound card, chances are the DG's DAC is better then the motherboard's DAC.
And a used Xonar DG is usually low costing.
- How does the DT 990 sound over my HD 598?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ATH W1000X "Grandioso". 1 Year old. Excellent Condition. 12 seconds ago
- › Mint ZMF Blackwood, shipping and Paypal included, stock 1/4" connector 51 seconds ago
- › Why most of the old recordings ae 24bit and the new are 16bit? 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Meridian Prime Headphone Amplifier Review 4 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by bkyoung
- › Superlux HD-631 by Sharingan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)