Hey I will be moving from my old dying HD 598 to a new DT 990. I haven't bought it yet so I came here to ask for advice. I don't want to go all the way out to audition headphones, so I'll just ask here if the DT 990 sounds better than the HD 598. I listen to a little bit of pop songs and also progressive, I say a little bit cause I do most of pop songs on my phone. On my desktop usually, I listen to these types of music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHsFIv8VA7w as its good study music :D And I do study alot. I also listen to some wind orchestras as I am in one myself.
Related Forum Threads
- Gaming: HD 598, DT 990, Q 701 or others? Last post on 7/8/14 at 7:39pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD598 + Ultrasone Hfi-780 for your Beyerdynamic Dt880 or Dt990 Last post on 7/27/13 at 1:08pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Changing PC350 SE for either Beyerdynamic DT880 vs DT 990 vs Sennheiser HD 598 Last post on 6/15/13 at 11:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Should I buy a Sennheiser hd 598 or Beyerdynaics DT990 Last post on 4/29/13 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of the following headphones complement my DT990 best? Last post on 11/8/12 at 3:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
How does the DT 990 sound over my HD 598?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you do not have a true headphone amplifier, then do not get the DT990s
I'm assuming your using the motherboard's on-board audio?
I found a fiio e11 and ad900 for cheap too!. So will an ad900 + e11 or dt 990 + e11 sound any better than my hd 598? (with e11 of course) Thanks :D
The DT990 are full bass & full treble, that overshadows the mids a little, but the mids are clear.
I'm going to guess the ATH-AD900s will have a "warmer" sound, compared to the HD598s
Also the AD900s should easily work plugged straight into the phone
The Fiio E11 can easily drive 250-Ohm (DT990) headphones.
The Fiio E11 low impedance is a benefit for driving the AD900s, from the PC
What price is the AD900 & E11 going for?
180 USD for both ( converted from my countries currency.) Used of course. About the same for dt 990s, used too. I think im going for the ad900s. For my music preferences do you think thats better than the dt 990s?
For the situation, the AD900/E11 combo seems like a better choice.
And you can plug the AD900s straight into the phone and not have to use the E11 amp (optional).
On your desktop PC, might think of getting an Asus Xonar DG sound card, chances are the DG's DAC is better then the motherboard's DAC.
And a used Xonar DG is usually low costing.
- How does the DT 990 sound over my HD 598?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 3 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 4 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › What does your equalizer look like? 6 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 minutes ago
- › Final Heaven VII Tour - Reviewers Wanted! 7 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)