hello, i currently own a pair of sennheiser hd25-1 ii's, i am wondering if an upgrade to a 1350 or an amperior is worth it, and if so which one is better. thanks!
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/22/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser Amperior, Momentum, Grado SR325i, NAD HP50, Beyer Tesla DT1350 or Shure SRH940? Open... Last post on 5/16/14 at 6:34am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT-1350: a worthwhile step up from the HD25, or a sideways move? Last post on 5/13/14 at 1:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Quest for portable headphone Last post on 5/9/14 at 4:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beyerdynamic DT1350 vs Audio-Technica ES700. RECOMMENDATION NEEDED! Last post on 5/6/14 at 8:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyerdynamic DT 1350 cable replacement. Last post on 5/2/14 at 3:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Beyer dt1350 vs sennheiser amperior
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think this type of upgrade is small at best. The HD-25-1-ii is already a great on-ear and although the beyer dt1350 is a slight upgrade if you are lucky enough to find one sans the small dip in the midrange. The amperior is not an upgrade in my opinion, but it depends on how much you really like Sennheiser headphones. To me the HD-25-1-ii is better than the amperior in that it sounds much more neutral and lacks the midrange peak that I hear in the amperior.
hmm..interesting. The only reason i am somewhat unsatisfied with the hd25's is because i really feel like it lacks soundstage, i have a pair of bose oe2s and while i know many people hate on bose for many different reasons i feel that even though the hd25 is a better overall performer, the oe2 gives me a less confined and almost muffled sound and the muffled sound of the hd25s becomes tiring to me, and i would like a on ear around $200 that has better soundstage....just a less cluttered and more airy and natural sound if that makes sense, while still providing a decent low end. and definitely not open back as they are my mobile headphones...
Would an open headphone be an option for you? Soundstage cues can be from many different aspects of sound and a tad tricky with headphones as our ears are not really triangulating. This is why you see crossfade circuits in many amps these days. It helps blend the signals from right to left and vice versa. An open headphone reduces reflections from inside the earcup making it easier to expand the soundstage.
If you are wanting to try the 1350s I do recommend you audition them as they can be difficult to get a good seal and that is problematic in portable use.
I'm a hanging out for the new Momentum On-Ear. The larger pads were in no mans land for me. Too small to cover my ears correctly and too large to be real portables. I liked their sound very much but were uncomfortable because the seam just inside the pad pressed on my ears. I'm hopeful the smaller on ears will be just right for me.
One last comment, I also have a pair of B&W P5s which I wear a lot. I preferred them to the HD25s because of comfort and looks and while not audiophile sound they still sound really nice. Even Tyll seems to rate them well enough to be on his wall of fame. I concur and suggest you audition them before laying out your hard earned.
- Beyer dt1350 vs sennheiser amperior
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 19 seconds ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 21 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 34 seconds ago
- › -The Discovery of the New Ivery IS-1 (or Liberty 1’s) -Believe the... 38 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › SOLD! FINAL PRICE DROP**** Ortofon e-Q5 mint condition 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)