hello, i currently own a pair of sennheiser hd25-1 ii's, i am wondering if an upgrade to a 1350 or an amperior is worth it, and if so which one is better. thanks!
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/22/13
Related Forum Threads
- My current situation Last post on 10/16/14 at 3:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- where can I order beyerdynamic t51p ear pads replacement? Last post on 9/18/14 at 1:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser Amperior, Momentum, Grado SR325i, NAD HP50, Beyer Tesla DT1350 or Shure SRH940? Open... Last post on 5/16/14 at 6:34am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT-1350: a worthwhile step up from the HD25, or a sideways move? Last post on 5/13/14 at 1:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Quest for portable headphone Last post on 5/9/14 at 4:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Best sound i ever heard from closed-up portables. I tried: koss porta, senheiser momentum, senheiser hd 25, ath es700, ath or7 and others i dont remember and some number of earphones and few gaming...
Compared to Fiio x3, there is no big differences in terms of sound to me. One thing X3 wins, is better bass response with my ES10 headphones. At first i missed sound of my Fiio X3, but i got use to...
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
Beyer dt1350 vs sennheiser amperior
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think this type of upgrade is small at best. The HD-25-1-ii is already a great on-ear and although the beyer dt1350 is a slight upgrade if you are lucky enough to find one sans the small dip in the midrange. The amperior is not an upgrade in my opinion, but it depends on how much you really like Sennheiser headphones. To me the HD-25-1-ii is better than the amperior in that it sounds much more neutral and lacks the midrange peak that I hear in the amperior.
hmm..interesting. The only reason i am somewhat unsatisfied with the hd25's is because i really feel like it lacks soundstage, i have a pair of bose oe2s and while i know many people hate on bose for many different reasons i feel that even though the hd25 is a better overall performer, the oe2 gives me a less confined and almost muffled sound and the muffled sound of the hd25s becomes tiring to me, and i would like a on ear around $200 that has better soundstage....just a less cluttered and more airy and natural sound if that makes sense, while still providing a decent low end. and definitely not open back as they are my mobile headphones...
Would an open headphone be an option for you? Soundstage cues can be from many different aspects of sound and a tad tricky with headphones as our ears are not really triangulating. This is why you see crossfade circuits in many amps these days. It helps blend the signals from right to left and vice versa. An open headphone reduces reflections from inside the earcup making it easier to expand the soundstage.
If you are wanting to try the 1350s I do recommend you audition them as they can be difficult to get a good seal and that is problematic in portable use.
I'm a hanging out for the new Momentum On-Ear. The larger pads were in no mans land for me. Too small to cover my ears correctly and too large to be real portables. I liked their sound very much but were uncomfortable because the seam just inside the pad pressed on my ears. I'm hopeful the smaller on ears will be just right for me.
One last comment, I also have a pair of B&W P5s which I wear a lot. I preferred them to the HD25s because of comfort and looks and while not audiophile sound they still sound really nice. Even Tyll seems to rate them well enough to be on his wall of fame. I concur and suggest you audition them before laying out your hard earned.
- Beyer dt1350 vs sennheiser amperior
- › Where To Download Lossless Music 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Nagra HD DAC 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)