hello, i currently own a pair of sennheiser hd25-1 ii's, i am wondering if an upgrade to a 1350 or an amperior is worth it, and if so which one is better. thanks!
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/22/13
Related Forum Threads
- where can I order beyerdynamic t51p ear pads replacement? Last post on 9/18/14 at 1:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser Amperior, Momentum, Grado SR325i, NAD HP50, Beyer Tesla DT1350 or Shure SRH940? Open... Last post on 5/16/14 at 6:34am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT-1350: a worthwhile step up from the HD25, or a sideways move? Last post on 5/13/14 at 1:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Quest for portable headphone Last post on 5/9/14 at 4:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beyerdynamic DT1350 vs Audio-Technica ES700. RECOMMENDATION NEEDED! Last post on 5/6/14 at 8:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Beyer dt1350 vs sennheiser amperior
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think this type of upgrade is small at best. The HD-25-1-ii is already a great on-ear and although the beyer dt1350 is a slight upgrade if you are lucky enough to find one sans the small dip in the midrange. The amperior is not an upgrade in my opinion, but it depends on how much you really like Sennheiser headphones. To me the HD-25-1-ii is better than the amperior in that it sounds much more neutral and lacks the midrange peak that I hear in the amperior.
hmm..interesting. The only reason i am somewhat unsatisfied with the hd25's is because i really feel like it lacks soundstage, i have a pair of bose oe2s and while i know many people hate on bose for many different reasons i feel that even though the hd25 is a better overall performer, the oe2 gives me a less confined and almost muffled sound and the muffled sound of the hd25s becomes tiring to me, and i would like a on ear around $200 that has better soundstage....just a less cluttered and more airy and natural sound if that makes sense, while still providing a decent low end. and definitely not open back as they are my mobile headphones...
Would an open headphone be an option for you? Soundstage cues can be from many different aspects of sound and a tad tricky with headphones as our ears are not really triangulating. This is why you see crossfade circuits in many amps these days. It helps blend the signals from right to left and vice versa. An open headphone reduces reflections from inside the earcup making it easier to expand the soundstage.
If you are wanting to try the 1350s I do recommend you audition them as they can be difficult to get a good seal and that is problematic in portable use.
I'm a hanging out for the new Momentum On-Ear. The larger pads were in no mans land for me. Too small to cover my ears correctly and too large to be real portables. I liked their sound very much but were uncomfortable because the seam just inside the pad pressed on my ears. I'm hopeful the smaller on ears will be just right for me.
One last comment, I also have a pair of B&W P5s which I wear a lot. I preferred them to the HD25s because of comfort and looks and while not audiophile sound they still sound really nice. Even Tyll seems to rate them well enough to be on his wall of fame. I concur and suggest you audition them before laying out your hard earned.
- Beyer dt1350 vs sennheiser amperior
- › Upgrade path for a me. Currently own: NVX APT100 and HD598 31 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 33 seconds ago
- › Ideal set-up for classical under $450? (Beyerdynamic dt880 vs... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio E11k or E07K for Beyerdynamic T90? 1 minute ago
- › Best Over Ear or In Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › sub $150~ over the ear for someone with a large head and ears? 3 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Facebook, Ericsson & XL Indonesia Create...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3