hello, i currently own a pair of sennheiser hd25-1 ii's, i am wondering if an upgrade to a 1350 or an amperior is worth it, and if so which one is better. thanks!
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/22/13
Related Forum Threads
- Portable headphone decision..... That Planar sound...on the go! Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:03pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can someone suggest $400-$600 over ear cans with good "neckability" (lol) ? Last post on 2/13/15 at 12:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Is On Ear market dying ? Last post on 1/9/15 at 4:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for an iPod 5.5G? Last post on 1/21/15 at 8:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Upgrade from Beats Solo HD. Noob needs help. Last post on 11/13/14 at 12:40pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Audio Technica has a long history of making wood-cupped headphones, both in limited edition and production models. The W2002, their first famous limited edition model, is now a highly...
Being a proud yet protective grandpa I was very interested when Brainwavz offered to let me review a pair of sound level attenuated headphones for kids. I would love to pass on my...
To start this off, i did not pay for my pair of 315. If i had payed for them the disappointment would be vast. I have a pair of SE215 and while they are not my favourite iem, they have their...
Disclaimer Firstly I just wanted to thank Simon and Adam at Pro-Ject for the review sample of the Head Box S USB. I am not affiliated with Pro-Ject in any way, all impressions are written as...
First and foremost, this is not an expert review. You may call it amateur if you please. But it's more of an owner appreciating his gear and sharing his thoughts and opinions about it. After...
Beyer dt1350 vs sennheiser amperior
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think this type of upgrade is small at best. The HD-25-1-ii is already a great on-ear and although the beyer dt1350 is a slight upgrade if you are lucky enough to find one sans the small dip in the midrange. The amperior is not an upgrade in my opinion, but it depends on how much you really like Sennheiser headphones. To me the HD-25-1-ii is better than the amperior in that it sounds much more neutral and lacks the midrange peak that I hear in the amperior.
hmm..interesting. The only reason i am somewhat unsatisfied with the hd25's is because i really feel like it lacks soundstage, i have a pair of bose oe2s and while i know many people hate on bose for many different reasons i feel that even though the hd25 is a better overall performer, the oe2 gives me a less confined and almost muffled sound and the muffled sound of the hd25s becomes tiring to me, and i would like a on ear around $200 that has better soundstage....just a less cluttered and more airy and natural sound if that makes sense, while still providing a decent low end. and definitely not open back as they are my mobile headphones...
Would an open headphone be an option for you? Soundstage cues can be from many different aspects of sound and a tad tricky with headphones as our ears are not really triangulating. This is why you see crossfade circuits in many amps these days. It helps blend the signals from right to left and vice versa. An open headphone reduces reflections from inside the earcup making it easier to expand the soundstage.
If you are wanting to try the 1350s I do recommend you audition them as they can be difficult to get a good seal and that is problematic in portable use.
I'm a hanging out for the new Momentum On-Ear. The larger pads were in no mans land for me. Too small to cover my ears correctly and too large to be real portables. I liked their sound very much but were uncomfortable because the seam just inside the pad pressed on my ears. I'm hopeful the smaller on ears will be just right for me.
One last comment, I also have a pair of B&W P5s which I wear a lot. I preferred them to the HD25s because of comfort and looks and while not audiophile sound they still sound really nice. Even Tyll seems to rate them well enough to be on his wall of fame. I concur and suggest you audition them before laying out your hard earned.
- Beyer dt1350 vs sennheiser amperior
- › Audeze LCD-4 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › [Review] Nuforce HA-200 - affordable class-A monoblocks 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR1-ABT Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240... 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Z by Currawong
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by mark2410
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by yfnt
- › Noble Audio Savant by Loquah
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by Arturs Travkins
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2