I'm looking for a comfortable, lightweight, high-quality and very durable pair of portable headphones that don't require an amp, that I can wear in the car or on an airplane without disturbing those around me. I've worn Sony MDR-V150 headphones for as long as I can remember, but they sound flat with no bass and the pads are of very low quality. I'd like to step up from those to a pair that comes as close as possible to replicating the sound of a 2.1 speaker system, with excellent base and treble. I found one online that seems particularly good, the Beyerdynamic DTX 501P, but I wonder if I can do even better. Thank you.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for advice on a new set of headphones and more - Seriously needing help Last post on 2/27/15 at 9:46pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Senn Momentums, lateral upgrade or ? Last post on 2/3/15 at 6:40pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mdr 1abt? Last post on 2/26/15 at 3:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- need help deciding on my next purchase, sony mdr1r bt mk2 or logitec ue 9000? Last post on 1/7/15 at 6:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mikros 90 are painful, need something around $100, isolation, portable. Last post on 11/15/14 at 3:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
High-quality portable headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I listen almost exclusively to rock music. I would like to keep my budget within $400. I am especially interested in getting a very sturdy pair of headphones whose external and internal components will last a very long time, with good vocals and base response.
Edited by alevinso - 7/14/13 at 7:17pm
In my own experiences, the Sony MDR-1R are great for rock music. They have a great soundstage and the low frequencies doesnt muddle out the mids and the highs unlike other headphones do.
- High-quality portable headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition is The Best AK 240 Ever Made like... just now
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 1 minute ago
- › Soundsoul S-018 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pono Player Herbie Hancock Limited Edition 1 minute ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › The Sony MDR-SA5000 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3