Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Are these Beats By Dre Studios Real or Fake?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Are these Beats By Dre Studios Real or Fake? - Page 4

post #46 of 58
I wouldn't say there's no bass on the K701 (no headphones I've heard so far has no bass.. Haha, not even the Grados) . It's just less bassy than other headphones such as xb500. As to the quality of the bass I would say it's a personal reference, some people prefers boomy subwoofer type bass whereas some people likes tight clean bass. wink.gif
post #47 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMax99 View Post

I wouldn't say there's no bass on the K701 (no headphones I've heard so far has no bass.. Haha, not even the Grados) . It's just less bassy than other headphones such as xb500. As to the quality of the bass I would say it's a personal reference, some people prefers boomy subwoofer type bass whereas some people likes tight clean bass. wink.gif

That's funny, because I like my bass to measure flat and sound super-tight, clean, accurate and punchy. Bass on the K701 is diminished, other headphones do tight, clean and accurate bass better—simple as that. smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by imagic - 7/15/13 at 2:59am
post #48 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post

That's funny, because I like my bass to measure flat and to be super-tight and punchy.

Haha.. That's not funny at all... That's just tour "personal" preference.

As for myself. It depends on my mood, sometimes I prefer tight bass when listening to vocals whereas sometimes I prefer boomy when I listen to dj dance type music...

There's no right or wrong, funny or not funny wink.gif
post #49 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMax99 View Post

Haha.. That's not funny at all... That's just tour "personal" preference.

As for myself. It depends on my mood, sometimes I prefer tight bass when listening to vocals whereas sometimes I prefer boomy when I listen to dj dance type music...

There's no right or wrong, funny or not funny wink.gif

From the listeners perspective, that's mostly true. There certainly is room for critical judgement, and not just relativistic platitudes. The discussion veered towards use in a studio, where there is a "right and wrong" hence the discussion as to whether Beats Studio headphones should actually be used for that purpose. cool.gif

I say stay away from both the K701 and Beats Studio, if you want an accurate mix. Even a pair of Senn HD280 would be a better choice for studio use.
Edited by imagic - 7/15/13 at 3:03am
post #50 of 58
What about akg k240 monitor?
post #51 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMax99 View Post

What about akg k240 monitor?

I want out of this thread. If you want to stay in the AKG universe, either go for the K702 anniversary edition, or else score the anni earpads and swap them out on a K701. The K240's bass rolls off even faster than the K701.

The FR charts for Beats Studio are comically exaggerated in the bass region—the K701 and the Beats Studio sit at two opposite ends of the spectrum. The Denon AH-D600 is one of numerous choices, for someone considering Beats or anything else in the $300-400 price range and is looking for studio-quality cans with deep bass capability, comfort, and sound isolation.

The fact that Beats are being counterfeited is just one more reason to avoid the brand altogether, IMO.
Edited by imagic - 7/15/13 at 3:51am
post #52 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Quest View Post

 

 

People buy Beat Studios out of arrogance, not because they're the best. They buy them thinking that they're the best, because Beats themselves say that they are the best. They also say that their headphones are used by all the top mastering engineers in the world (which is a complete lie).

   Note that not all people who buy Beats buy it out of arrogance. I bought it because they sounded good to my ears. I got it for cheap and as it turns out, it was fake (bonus XD). I was a fan of the signature (sans the heavy midbass) and that was probably the best that I knew of at the time (so, clarifying that, don't tell me about the tens if not hundreds of brands that are better than Beats, because I know many of them now thanks to Head-Fi). 

   However, I acknowledge that you are referring to the arrogant, b****y Beats owner stereotype, and I respect that. I also agree with your point about their fraudulent claims.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matheus Felber View Post

I'm really uncertain about buying this product, because the seller claims that is original. It has an airline adapter that seems very similar with the fake one but all the other accessories convinced me that this headphone is original.

Here is the product: http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-496747848-headphone-beats-studio-by-dr-dre-original-preto-_JM

 

   I took a good look at the pictures, and they are fake beyoond the shadow of a doubt. The batteries look like AA instead of AAA (curse my eyes), and the originals come with two red cables, not one red, one black. The cloth is also red and not black. I can't believe this guy is selling it at a price higher than the original.

   My advice (like everyone else's); buy something else. Based on the signature of all Beats models, you're probably looking for a V-Moda M-100, priced at about $300. Since you've got $450 to burn, just get a Sennheiser HD600 or something. it's the best at that price, but I advise spending an extra on an amp/DAC like the FiiO E17 Alpen.

post #53 of 58
Monster's Inspire is basically an apology for having created Beats in the first place. They have a similar feature set and a much nicer sound signature. A much, much better choice, while preserving some of the qualities that make Beats attractive. wink.gif
Edited by imagic - 7/15/13 at 4:16am
post #54 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post

Monster's Inspire is basically an apology for having created Beats in the first place. They have a similar feature set and a much nicer sound signature. A much, much better choice, while preserving some of the qualities that make Beats attractive. wink.gif

   Oh yeah...after auditioning that and actually liking the sound, how could I have missed that???

Monster's upping the ante with its new line, and they're all Beats killers without a doubt. biggrin.gif

 

EDIT: It's "Inspiration," not "Inspire."


Edited by thatBeatsguy - 7/15/13 at 9:02am
post #55 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post


From the listeners perspective, that's mostly true. There certainly is room for critical judgement, and not just relativistic platitudes. The discussion veered towards use in a studio, where there is a "right and wrong" hence the discussion as to whether Beats Studio headphones should actually be used for that purpose. cool.gif

I say stay away from both the K701 and Beats Studio, if you want an accurate mix. Even a pair of Senn HD280 would be a better choice for studio use.

 Pretty much agree for mixing-K701 is just inviting a muddy mix if that's your only monitor source. I used HD 650 and HD 595 also and they weren't good either. Finally I've settled on the ATH-M50's which at least a lot more helpful in balancing bass in mixes. 

post #56 of 58

Hi Matheus


Edited by frankieinshaw42 - 1/13/14 at 1:35am
post #57 of 58

Hi Matheus, haven't read the rest of the thread and might be wasting your time as you may have heard it already but youverify is a pretty good app to use for dodgy lookin headphones.

Think you just ask the seller to use it and you can see a report on them.

post #58 of 58

considering i cant read a damn word thats on teh site idk

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Are these Beats By Dre Studios Real or Fake?