Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JVC S500, disapointed with all the Hype.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC S500, disapointed with all the Hype.

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 

Paid 70 usd with taxes and shipping fee (50 usd product + 14 usd shipping + taxes). I really don't think this is worth 70 usd. I would pay something like 30 USD plus shipping on them (compared to my other headphones).

 

My other headphones:

Sennheiser HD-25

Creative Aurvana Live

KSC-75

Superlux HD681F

 

I've heard how those are almost as good as higher end headphones. IMOH they are nowhere near the Sennheiser HD-25 (200 usd) or even the Creative Aurvana Live (100 usd).

 

Some people were saying how the S500 sounds better than the ATH M50, this is ********. I already heard them and the M50 destroys the S500.

 

Why so much hype? You made me expend this much? I was expecting more!

post #2 of 17
You would be correct if your opinion was a fact, but it's not and like every single headphone here, some people like them some don't.

Everyone here has bought a headphone that they didn't like at one point or another, just return it and move on.
Edited by RoMee - 7/6/13 at 11:23am
post #3 of 17

So what was wrong with the headphone? I have listened to the |HD25 extensively and was planning to buy the CALs. So whats wrong? Can you clarifiy?

post #4 of 17
Have you read the reviews in the s500?

Have you burned them in, because your disappointment is likely premature.

I was under the impression that the s500 are significantly cheaper than $70 shipped. I certainly paid less, although I can't remember how much
post #5 of 17

these are cnt drivers which are way stiffer than regular drivers so burn in will definitely change the sound

post #6 of 17

Trust me, change the pads before u judge the headphones.

post #7 of 17
I doubt the op is looking for any pointers, this is nothing more than an angry rant.
post #8 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekky View Post

Trust me, change the pads before u judge the headphones.

I just put the HD25 pleater pads, didn't change the sound at all.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboozy View Post

these are cnt drivers which are way stiffer than regular drivers so burn in will definitely change the sound

Burn-in makes no diference. The HD-25 sounded great just out of the box, the Aurvana Live too. 

Burn-in is just you getting used to the sound of the headphone.

post #9 of 17

Ok dude, i had the same impression. The s500 sounded pretty terrible out of the box and i too was disapointed by the hype. What you NEED TO DO, is BURN them in for 50-100 hours with high volume and drum and bass and theyll sound real good. Yes they do transform into something special, let me emphasize they sound nothing special out of the box but with 50-100 hours they sound pretty amazing, nice detail, bass,airiness and soundstage. Oh and I found stock pads are the best for me unless you like a more balanced sound.

post #10 of 17

IMHO, S400 with over ear pad change is still no match to CAL, with stock pad (and probably with other on ear) CAL absolutely slaughter it. Not surprised its big brother didn't fare better.

 

For the price it's fair though, if you can get it locally that is.

post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNTMGM View Post

I just put the HD25 pleater pads, didn't change the sound at all.


Burn-in makes no diference. The HD-25 sounded great just out of the box, the Aurvana Live too. 
Burn-in is just you getting used to the sound of the headphone.


Sure dude, because everyone on this forum is wrong.
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNTMGM View Post

Burn-in makes no diference. The HD-25 sounded great just out of the box, the Aurvana Live too. 

Burn-in is just you getting used to the sound of the headphone.

You're forgetting that only the s500 has cnt drivers out of the 3.

post #13 of 17

Agree, the carbon nanotubes are stiff and need to be burned in.  Burn them in for 100 hours and then report back.

post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNTMGM View Post

Paid 70 usd with taxes and shipping fee (50 usd product + 14 usd shipping + taxes). I really don't think this is worth 70 usd. I would pay something like 30 USD plus shipping on them (compared to my other headphones).

 

My other headphones:

Sennheiser HD-25

Creative Aurvana Live

KSC-75

Superlux HD681F

 

I've heard how those are almost as good as higher end headphones. IMOH they are nowhere near the Sennheiser HD-25 (200 usd) or even the Creative Aurvana Live (100 usd).

 

Some people were saying how the S500 sounds better than the ATH M50, this is ********. I already heard them and the M50 destroys the S500.

 

Why so much hype? You made me expend this much? I was expecting more!

Also, curious, which of your current headphones do you like the best and what type of music do you listen to?

post #15 of 17

I myself was disappointed with the s500. i have experimented with it a little, but i don't really have other pads to try it with since i'm more of an iem fan before. It sounds good on upbeats songs that does not require a good soundstage but on delicate and slow songs the bass/sub-bass tends to muddy things up. I'm sure its a good headphone, it just don't suit my preference for sound which is spacious with good presentation. if anyone can recommend a headphone with good soundstage and presentation that is in the same bang/buck please tell me :)

 

I just realized that those people who like these are fans of rock, EDM, and dubstep. I don't listen to those. if you don't like it that doesn't mean that it's not good, it's just not your type of headphone.


Edited by Reylaw - 11/5/13 at 6:03am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JVC S500, disapointed with all the Hype.