Anyone have any recommendations on affordable cases for these? I tried the one recommended earlier in this thread but its too small.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K545 Portable Over Ear Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 11/13/14
- productAKG K 550tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productAKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productDenon AH-C551K In-Ear Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 11/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- Best setup for a trucker? Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K551 OR K550? Last post on 1/24/15 at 9:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- How is K550 different from K545? Last post on 12/6/14 at 5:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help choosing my first "decent" over ear headphones? Last post on 9/15/14 at 1:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AKG K550 v K545 Soundstage & Spatial detail Last post on 7/9/14 at 6:23am in Headphones (full-size)
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
I'm all about best use on a budget for a specific person and lifestyle. In my case, the Jaybird Bluebud X's were fantastic. You can check out my review on head fi here, but I also have an older...
SENNHEISER URBANITE XL REVIEW Full sized headphones haven't been part of my usage options for quite some time now. I used to own a Sony MDR-1R but despite the excellent comfort and decent sound my...
AKG new headphone K545? - Page 84
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ok this might be imagined, but I think these benefit from playing lossless more than some other headphones. In my view, the biggest difference I can discern between FLAC and VBR0 MP3 is that FLAC has a little bit more of a fuller and thicker sound. That is where the K545s fall a hair short to my ears, so they really benefit from FLAC.
Also, they really benefit from high gain.
Edited by Stuff Jones - 3/6/14 at 2:10pm
I apparently have the same driver flex issue that was brought up a while back, and it definitely has an impact on the volume balance. The right driver experiences significant flex which basically does this: As pressure increases or decreases (pressing or releasing, or just placing them on your head which creates some pressure) the sound from the right driver decreases dramatically, down to maybe <50% volume, until a "pop" sound is heard and the volume returns to normal.
In practice the right driver is always a bit quieter than the left (tested this with some blind left/right swaps with a bit of help, that driver's always easily identified as quieter). Depending on exactly how they end up sitting on my head it can be a lot quieter and the cup would need to be pushed on to "pop" the driver (which doesn't sound like a good thing at all when it happens).
I really liked the sound, enough to overlook the kind of tricky seal, but there's no way I can put up with this messed up driver. Considering the fact that I'm seeing others reporting the same issue I'll likely return instead of trying a replacement. The other driver has a small amount of flex as well (but no variable volume) so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a relatively common issue.
Does anyone know of a good amp to pair with these headphones?
I currently have a E6 and was considering either a E12, E18, a desktop portable combo of E07k and E09k or a Dragonfly v1.2 (if a usb to micro usb adaptor will work for it).
I would really prefer anything portable that will improve on the sound of the headphones; namely the sub bass and the overall balance. My current source is from a Motorola RAZR 925 and I'm not sure of how good it's DAC capabilities are. I don't have a desktop amp atm so if the amp can double as a desktop amp that would be great as well.
So has anyone found ear pads that fit these besides the hm5 replacement pads? I would buy the hm5 pads but they're out of stock.
So I really need some help.
Link for HM5 pads
The only thing that matters in terms of sound is neautrality and accuracy. I am not a sound engineer, so I don't need something dead-neautral. Do you think that the HP50's are better for this purpose?
Edited by nimano45 - 3/19/14 at 11:15pm
I personally don't see the HP50 as a studio monitor. It's a nice, laid back sound though.
Yeah I've heard that to. I saw someone earlier on this thread say that they didn't fit the K545
Are you talking about these?
Is there another place to buy the hm5 pads?
And someone said that shure pads fit the hm5 so wouldn't they fit the k545?
Shure HPAEC840 Replacement Ear Cushions For SRH840 Headphones
- AKG new headphone K545?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › How exactly does an amp effect sound? 11 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears 1 minute ago
- › Integrated amp + headphones, questions. 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Dangerous Music Source DAC 6 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3