Anyone have any recommendations on affordable cases for these? I tried the one recommended earlier in this thread but its too small.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best setup for a trucker? Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K551 OR K550? Last post on 1/24/15 at 9:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- WANTED AKG K550, K551 and K7xx Last post on 2/4/15 at 1:48pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- How is K550 different from K545? Last post on 12/6/14 at 5:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help choosing my first "decent" over ear headphones? Last post on 9/15/14 at 1:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
The highs and the lows are, for lack a better descriptor "dry". There are people who "like" this sort of leanness, but it's never sounded "real" to me. It's the difference I hear in vintage...
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
This review is for the Linum Bax 2-Pin, Bax IEM and headphone cables. Let me introduce myself my name is Adam, I live in the states between Philadelphia and New York City. I have been into audio...
Havi B3 Pro 1 - Pictorial Review Let me start by saying that ......the purchase of B3Pro1 has been long time coming ever since introduced by bhazard in the Chinese thread early last year...
I have posted a more detailed review on my blog with hi resolution pictures. http://blog.hyperexpert.com/audio-technica-at-pha50bt-first-impressions-and-review/ I stumbled upon Audio Technica’s...
AKG new headphone K545? - Page 84
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ok this might be imagined, but I think these benefit from playing lossless more than some other headphones. In my view, the biggest difference I can discern between FLAC and VBR0 MP3 is that FLAC has a little bit more of a fuller and thicker sound. That is where the K545s fall a hair short to my ears, so they really benefit from FLAC.
Also, they really benefit from high gain.
Edited by Stuff Jones - 3/6/14 at 2:10pm
I apparently have the same driver flex issue that was brought up a while back, and it definitely has an impact on the volume balance. The right driver experiences significant flex which basically does this: As pressure increases or decreases (pressing or releasing, or just placing them on your head which creates some pressure) the sound from the right driver decreases dramatically, down to maybe <50% volume, until a "pop" sound is heard and the volume returns to normal.
In practice the right driver is always a bit quieter than the left (tested this with some blind left/right swaps with a bit of help, that driver's always easily identified as quieter). Depending on exactly how they end up sitting on my head it can be a lot quieter and the cup would need to be pushed on to "pop" the driver (which doesn't sound like a good thing at all when it happens).
I really liked the sound, enough to overlook the kind of tricky seal, but there's no way I can put up with this messed up driver. Considering the fact that I'm seeing others reporting the same issue I'll likely return instead of trying a replacement. The other driver has a small amount of flex as well (but no variable volume) so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a relatively common issue.
Does anyone know of a good amp to pair with these headphones?
I currently have a E6 and was considering either a E12, E18, a desktop portable combo of E07k and E09k or a Dragonfly v1.2 (if a usb to micro usb adaptor will work for it).
I would really prefer anything portable that will improve on the sound of the headphones; namely the sub bass and the overall balance. My current source is from a Motorola RAZR 925 and I'm not sure of how good it's DAC capabilities are. I don't have a desktop amp atm so if the amp can double as a desktop amp that would be great as well.
So has anyone found ear pads that fit these besides the hm5 replacement pads? I would buy the hm5 pads but they're out of stock.
So I really need some help.
Link for HM5 pads
The only thing that matters in terms of sound is neautrality and accuracy. I am not a sound engineer, so I don't need something dead-neautral. Do you think that the HP50's are better for this purpose?
Edited by nimano45 - 3/19/14 at 11:15pm
I personally don't see the HP50 as a studio monitor. It's a nice, laid back sound though.
Yeah I've heard that to. I saw someone earlier on this thread say that they didn't fit the K545
Are you talking about these?
Is there another place to buy the hm5 pads?
And someone said that shure pads fit the hm5 so wouldn't they fit the k545?
Shure HPAEC840 Replacement Ear Cushions For SRH840 Headphones
- AKG new headphone K545?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 22 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 32 seconds ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 36 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-500 for trade or sale. 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 4 minutes ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 5 minutes ago
- › Review of the Little-Dot MKIII Tube Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp 6 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D1100 by PhenomenalNinja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2