Anyone have any recommendations on affordable cases for these? I tried the one recommended earlier in this thread but its too small.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best setup for a trucker? Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K551 OR K550? Last post on 1/24/15 at 9:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- WANTED AKG K550, K551 and K7xx Last post on 5/18/15 at 4:10pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- How is K550 different from K545? Last post on 4/21/15 at 10:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help choosing my first "decent" over ear headphones? Last post on 9/15/14 at 1:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Intro:- This is my first earphone from DUNU-topsound, one of the most talked about Chinese earphone brand with some high performing earphones like DN-1000 and Dn-2000 decided to up the...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
AKG new headphone K545? - Page 84
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ok this might be imagined, but I think these benefit from playing lossless more than some other headphones. In my view, the biggest difference I can discern between FLAC and VBR0 MP3 is that FLAC has a little bit more of a fuller and thicker sound. That is where the K545s fall a hair short to my ears, so they really benefit from FLAC.
Also, they really benefit from high gain.
Edited by Stuff Jones - 3/6/14 at 2:10pm
I apparently have the same driver flex issue that was brought up a while back, and it definitely has an impact on the volume balance. The right driver experiences significant flex which basically does this: As pressure increases or decreases (pressing or releasing, or just placing them on your head which creates some pressure) the sound from the right driver decreases dramatically, down to maybe <50% volume, until a "pop" sound is heard and the volume returns to normal.
In practice the right driver is always a bit quieter than the left (tested this with some blind left/right swaps with a bit of help, that driver's always easily identified as quieter). Depending on exactly how they end up sitting on my head it can be a lot quieter and the cup would need to be pushed on to "pop" the driver (which doesn't sound like a good thing at all when it happens).
I really liked the sound, enough to overlook the kind of tricky seal, but there's no way I can put up with this messed up driver. Considering the fact that I'm seeing others reporting the same issue I'll likely return instead of trying a replacement. The other driver has a small amount of flex as well (but no variable volume) so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a relatively common issue.
Does anyone know of a good amp to pair with these headphones?
I currently have a E6 and was considering either a E12, E18, a desktop portable combo of E07k and E09k or a Dragonfly v1.2 (if a usb to micro usb adaptor will work for it).
I would really prefer anything portable that will improve on the sound of the headphones; namely the sub bass and the overall balance. My current source is from a Motorola RAZR 925 and I'm not sure of how good it's DAC capabilities are. I don't have a desktop amp atm so if the amp can double as a desktop amp that would be great as well.
So has anyone found ear pads that fit these besides the hm5 replacement pads? I would buy the hm5 pads but they're out of stock.
So I really need some help.
Link for HM5 pads
The only thing that matters in terms of sound is neautrality and accuracy. I am not a sound engineer, so I don't need something dead-neautral. Do you think that the HP50's are better for this purpose?
Edited by nimano45 - 3/19/14 at 11:15pm
I personally don't see the HP50 as a studio monitor. It's a nice, laid back sound though.
Yeah I've heard that to. I saw someone earlier on this thread say that they didn't fit the K545
Are you talking about these?
Is there another place to buy the hm5 pads?
And someone said that shure pads fit the hm5 so wouldn't they fit the k545?
Shure HPAEC840 Replacement Ear Cushions For SRH840 Headphones
- AKG new headphone K545?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 50 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 53 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › Official X3 firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit,... 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 5 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by suman134
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2