Were you using the M/M stack in your profile for all of these comparisons?
Related Forum Threads
- Can someone suggest $400-$600 over ear cans with good "neckability" (lol) ? Last post on 2/13/15 at 12:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from Beats Solo HD. Noob needs help. Last post on 11/13/14 at 12:40pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- spare some advice for a palpably novice headfier........about tube amps/dacs Last post on 9/20/13 at 5:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- K550 vs DT1350 VS DT880 Last post on 9/6/13 at 6:23am in Headphones (full-size)
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
This review is for the iclever IC-BTH01 Bluetooth Stereo Headset INTRODUCTION Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in...
From Bose to K550 to Momentums to DT1350s to Mad Dogs (and back again) (and back AGAIN) - my poem - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's a good headphone to go with. Like I've said in some other threads, I have nothing but love and respect for these, but lately they haven't been connecting with me, perhaps due to my new glasses, perhaps due to the weight - I don't know. I'm a picky dude. I still can't recommend them highly enough - they are truly amazing, and Dan is a very smart, very nice guy.
I think perhaps some of my discontent with them is that I'm realizing that I gravitate more towards an exaggerated, "fun" sound more than accurate, and maybe something that sounds more vintage-y, and less crisp - not that these are sharp or hard to listen to. I think I'm just a tired teacher lately, and want to come home to some stupid headphones, not smart ones like these? Not sure.
Just added an epilogue to the poem (the first post). To make a long story short: the Mad Dogs just weren't doing it for me for my extremely big head. Amazing headphones, very well done, but just didn't press my buttons. I got a Sennheiser HD598 for the classical and softer stuff, and yes, went right back to the K550s. They may be flawed, but they work for me. Simple, accurate, and somehow (for me) the most comfortable headphones I've ever tried.
You've totally got that right- the MD vs K550, you echo my sentiments exactly! I'm returning K550s and keeping my mad dogs, although I think I will miss them a bit. The picky seal alone has killed them for me. Mad Dogs I put on for first time & are instantly comfy- much more so than fiddle K550s
Let this be a lesson to anyone: do not turn your back on good quality. There's always grass on the other side of the fence, but once you've found something that is solid, sounds great, and is made with love, stick with it. Just my two cents.
- From Bose to K550 to Momentums to DT1350s to Mad Dogs (and back again) (and back AGAIN) - my poem
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 43 seconds ago
- › WARNING - iTunes Home Sharing removed from IOS 8.4 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Good Closed Back headphones for under 150 USD 2 minutes ago
- › Vienna/Austria Meet, July 11, 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 4 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)