Were you using the M/M stack in your profile for all of these comparisons?
Related Forum Threads
- Can someone suggest $400-$600 over ear cans with good "neckability" (lol) ? Last post on 2/13/15 at 12:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from Beats Solo HD. Noob needs help. Last post on 11/13/14 at 12:40pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- spare some advice for a palpably novice headfier........about tube amps/dacs Last post on 9/20/13 at 5:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- K550 vs DT1350 VS DT880 Last post on 9/6/13 at 6:23am in Headphones (full-size)
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
From Bose to K550 to Momentums to DT1350s to Mad Dogs (and back again) (and back AGAIN) - my poem - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's a good headphone to go with. Like I've said in some other threads, I have nothing but love and respect for these, but lately they haven't been connecting with me, perhaps due to my new glasses, perhaps due to the weight - I don't know. I'm a picky dude. I still can't recommend them highly enough - they are truly amazing, and Dan is a very smart, very nice guy.
I think perhaps some of my discontent with them is that I'm realizing that I gravitate more towards an exaggerated, "fun" sound more than accurate, and maybe something that sounds more vintage-y, and less crisp - not that these are sharp or hard to listen to. I think I'm just a tired teacher lately, and want to come home to some stupid headphones, not smart ones like these? Not sure.
Just added an epilogue to the poem (the first post). To make a long story short: the Mad Dogs just weren't doing it for me for my extremely big head. Amazing headphones, very well done, but just didn't press my buttons. I got a Sennheiser HD598 for the classical and softer stuff, and yes, went right back to the K550s. They may be flawed, but they work for me. Simple, accurate, and somehow (for me) the most comfortable headphones I've ever tried.
You've totally got that right- the MD vs K550, you echo my sentiments exactly! I'm returning K550s and keeping my mad dogs, although I think I will miss them a bit. The picky seal alone has killed them for me. Mad Dogs I put on for first time & are instantly comfy- much more so than fiddle K550s
Let this be a lesson to anyone: do not turn your back on good quality. There's always grass on the other side of the fence, but once you've found something that is solid, sounds great, and is made with love, stick with it. Just my two cents.
- From Bose to K550 to Momentums to DT1350s to Mad Dogs (and back again) (and back AGAIN) - my poem
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New jvc ha fr202v extreme explosives iems 6 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 17 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 2 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 6 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 7 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 vs - a comparison thread 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2