Were you using the M/M stack in your profile for all of these comparisons?
Related Forum Threads
- Can someone suggest $400-$600 over ear cans with good "neckability" (lol) ? Last post on 2/13/15 at 12:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from Beats Solo HD. Noob needs help. Last post on 11/13/14 at 12:40pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- spare some advice for a palpably novice headfier........about tube amps/dacs Last post on 9/20/13 at 5:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- K550 vs DT1350 VS DT880 Last post on 9/6/13 at 6:23am in Headphones (full-size)
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
These were actually my first pair of mixing headphones. I can definitely say they worked for me at the time, but this is also the time I did not acknowledge the importance of EQ & compression. I...
In my search for a good pair of earbuds, these where my next try. Better than the previous maxell I bought, but definitely the search must keep going. My ratings are; Bass 2/5,...
Grado SR80i Intro Thingy: I was wondering if I should even review the SR80i because Grado's e series cans came out not too long ago and I was thinking noone would heed my review 'cause the...
From Bose to K550 to Momentums to DT1350s to Mad Dogs (and back again) (and back AGAIN) - my poem - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's a good headphone to go with. Like I've said in some other threads, I have nothing but love and respect for these, but lately they haven't been connecting with me, perhaps due to my new glasses, perhaps due to the weight - I don't know. I'm a picky dude. I still can't recommend them highly enough - they are truly amazing, and Dan is a very smart, very nice guy.
I think perhaps some of my discontent with them is that I'm realizing that I gravitate more towards an exaggerated, "fun" sound more than accurate, and maybe something that sounds more vintage-y, and less crisp - not that these are sharp or hard to listen to. I think I'm just a tired teacher lately, and want to come home to some stupid headphones, not smart ones like these? Not sure.
Just added an epilogue to the poem (the first post). To make a long story short: the Mad Dogs just weren't doing it for me for my extremely big head. Amazing headphones, very well done, but just didn't press my buttons. I got a Sennheiser HD598 for the classical and softer stuff, and yes, went right back to the K550s. They may be flawed, but they work for me. Simple, accurate, and somehow (for me) the most comfortable headphones I've ever tried.
You've totally got that right- the MD vs K550, you echo my sentiments exactly! I'm returning K550s and keeping my mad dogs, although I think I will miss them a bit. The picky seal alone has killed them for me. Mad Dogs I put on for first time & are instantly comfy- much more so than fiddle K550s
Let this be a lesson to anyone: do not turn your back on good quality. There's always grass on the other side of the fence, but once you've found something that is solid, sounds great, and is made with love, stick with it. Just my two cents.
- From Bose to K550 to Momentums to DT1350s to Mad Dogs (and back again) (and back AGAIN) - my poem
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › iFi audio iPower - universal Ultra-Low Noise AC/DC adapter 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by 1Infinity
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2