Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Need a amp for 250 ohm DT990 pro!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need a amp for 250 ohm DT990 pro! - Page 2

post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlue View Post

 

I can't find any V2's on sale atm, V3's are a little over my budget unfortunately.

 

The V2 is out of production and replaced by V3. These amps pop up once in a while in the FS forum here and often for a very reasonable price. If you can't find a used Neco amp now, I'd suggest to wait and save some more for the V3. Compared to other competitors in this price range, the Neco is too good to pass. But again others' opinions might differ. I liked the PA2V2 too when I had it, drives the K701 alright but Neco amps are obviously better and more powerful. Good luck with your search.

post #17 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by risenfallen View Post

 

The V2 is out of production and replaced by V3. These amps pop up once in a while in the FS forum here and often for a very reasonable price. If you can't find a used Neco amp now, I'd suggest to wait and save some more for the V3. Compared to other competitors in this price range, the Neco is too good to pass. But again others' opinions might differ. I liked the PA2V2 too when I had it, drives the K701 alright but Neco amps are obviously better and more powerful. Good luck with your search.

 

Thankyou for the suggestion, keep 'em coming :)

post #18 of 22

Asgard 2.  Lovely pairing with my DT990/600.

post #19 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post

Asgard 2.  Lovely pairing with my DT990/600.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlue View Post

Hello,

 

I need an amp for my 250 ohm DT990 pro headphones which I have just purchased, I have a Asus Xonar DGX sound card.

 

This amp will be primarily used for gaming and music (gaming I want an immersive experience while music I listen to dubstep, alternative rock and pop), I want a amp which is sufficient and not overkill for a frequent gamer, my budget is around £80 but I may be able to fluctuate on this.

 

Keeping in mind that I do not need the amp to be mobile (it will be on my PC desk) and I live in the UK what amp would be the best for me?

 

Thanks.

 

Budget raised to £100, and the above amp is much over the budget specified.

post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlue View Post

 

 

Budget raised to £100, and the above amp is much over the budget specified.

For your price rate, I would say just to find a used Fiio E9 amp.

I really do not think your going to see much of a difference between head amps in your price range.

and the E9 should be fine driving 250-Ohm headphones.

Save the leftover cash for something else that's important, like a replica of a Sonic Screwdriver.

post #21 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

For your price rate, I would say just to find a used Fiio E9 amp.

I really do not think your going to see much of a difference between head amps in your price range.

and the E9 should be fine driving 250-Ohm headphones.

Save the leftover cash for something else that's important, like a replica of a Sonic Screwdriver.

 

Haha thanks for the suggestion.

post #22 of 22
Asus stx
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Need a amp for 250 ohm DT990 pro!